• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Showing disrespect

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things.

1. I haven't got the hump. I'm giving updated information.

2. If someone on this forum questions my integrity or qualifications, I'll set them right, it's called right of reply which is what you're using in your post.

3. I talk straight and get things done. I only promise what I can deliver. A new departure for Southend United I know, but I'd get used to it.

Enjoy your week.

Stan

Respected, but maybe taking the high road is a better approach to some of the posters on here.

When 90% are behind what your doing its not always necessary to give the remaining 10 airtime.

You know as well as anybody that with social media and forums you will never get %100 backing in anything you do.

Nowone wants to hear from the chairmen and hierachy when things are going well. I'd like to get back to enjoying the football and not have to worry about much else.

I tend to agree, its wonderful having this new layer of information and transparency, but a line does need to be drawn between official statements and forum posts.

I fully understand the desire for stan to decend himself with some of the more ludicrous posters on here. But maybe its time for stan to rise above it, post on here in a more official capacity, perhaps there should be a new section of the forum for stan updates etc?
Second lesson learned.

Supporters want transparency but not really.

So as of today, as a courtesy to those distressed at being given transparency, honesty and integrity, for as long as I'm employed by Southend United, I'll de-activate my account on SZ and I'll update generally every month via face to face meetings starting January.

Stan

Second lesson learned.

So as of today, as a courtesy to those distressed at being given transparency, honesty and integrity, for as long as I'm employed by Southend United, I'll de-activate my account on SZ and I'll update generally every month via face to face meetings starting January.

Stan

Its clear thats not what i said. Its possible to be transparent in an official capacity.

I am only 1 supporter voicing an opinion on a forum... the whole point of my post was to stop reactions like the one you just made!

Last edited:
Keep going Stan.

You had a massive positive effect on SUFC when you played for us and I think you will have a bigger effect in the future, given time.

Second lesson learned.

Stan
Bit unfair on the majority not in any form of distress . Dont give in to the distressed...... keep on causing it I say!

Stan thats throwing the toys out of the pram a bit.

Its clear thats not what i said. Ite possible to be transparent in an official capacity.

I am only 1 supporter voicing an opinion on a forum... the whole point of my post was to stop reactions like the one you just made!
It really isn't.

I've been a member of this forum for SEVENTEEN years.

The half dozen trolls I honestly don't care for, the other 7000 odd I most certainly do.

But I wanted to do things differently. Open, so you, the most important people at the club ( as I've hammered home too many times to mention now) get an idea of what's happening and most importantly, why.

That failed on this forum because gossip, conspiracy theories and frankly uniformed nonesense pollutes a great forum.

So I need to just focus on my job, let the wild speculation continue and everyone will just have to wait and see what happens with face to face meetings with supporters groups which was my idea anyway. Horses mouth rather than every word misinterpreted or malintents on here bringing a negative energy that is the hallmark of a club in decline.

I've been on Twitter for 15 years, racially abused, abused daily for my past and for giving strident opinions on the game. So the notion I'm flaky or toys out the pram is absurd. Nobody reading this would last 5 minutes on my twitter feed.

A failed experiment that I now know why other clubs don't have administors giving quality updates to supporters. Because supporters ( i'm one) prefer the circus, the outrageous conspiracies and toxicity.

And you know what? That's fine too.

But I'm here for Southend United, and I'm sending this as I'm doing an important job of work, so that work now comes first, this experiment has ended and supporters who take the time to turn up to meetings or watch a zoom will get to hear everything every month.

I make zero apologies to anyone on this forum for any reply because o work by one simple life rule. I speak to you with respect and I expect it back.

See you all in the January meeting. Turn up, ask questions, get answers.

Stan

It really isn't.

The half dozen trolls I honestly don't care for, the other 7000 odd I most certainly do.

But I wanted to do things differently. Open, so you, the most important people at the club ( as I've hammered home too many times to mention now) get an idea of what's happening and most importantly, why.

That failed on this forum because gossip, conspiracy theories and frankly uniformed nonesense pollutes a great forum.

So I need to just focus on my job, let the wild speculation continue and everyone will just have to wait and see what happens with face to face meetings with supporters groups which was my idea anyway. Horses mouth rather than every word misinterpreted or malintents on here bringing a negative energy that is the hallmark of a club in decline.

I've been on Twitter for 15 years, racially abused, abused daily for my past and for giving strident opinions on the game. So the notion I'm flaky or toys out the pram is absurd. Nobody reading this would last 5 minutes on my twitter feed.

A failed experiment that I now know why other clubs don't have administors giving quality updates to supporters. Because supporters ( i'm one) prefer the circus, the outrageous conspiracies and toxicity.

But I'm here for Southend United, and I'm sending this as I'm doing an important job of work, so that work now comes first, this experiment has ended and supporters who take the time to turn up to meetings or watch a zoom will get to hear everything every month.

I make zero apologies to anyone on this forum for any reply because o work by one simple life rule. I speak to you with respect and I expect it back.

Stan
So you are letting that half dozen win? Thats a damn shame to be honest. Hope you change your mind for the majority who do support and have patience and due diligence.

It really isn't.

Stan
Please continue with the zoom meetings as this is a very useful way of communicating with the fans.

As much as I'd love to come to a face to face meeting and listen with 2 young children me wife allows me to head off to Roots Hall a few times a year to watch evening games leaving her to cope with the dreaded bedtime routine on her own. Occassionally I get the opportunity to head to an away game as well after much persuasion and offers of a spa day in exchange.

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean that they are not working tirelessly in the background making things happen.

It really isn't.

Stan
It’s a real shame that the vast majority will lose out on your positive updates because of the words of the minority. I hope you reconsider your position and decide to resume posting on here Stan. Regardless of your decision know that the vast majority back you and appreciate the work the new team, including yourself, are putting in.

That is a pity Stan, I really hope some of the trolls continuously posting absolute dross on here have a real hard look at themselves. They know who they are.

It really isn't.

Stan
I hate to say it as I have enjoyed the updates over the past few months and also the little Q&As that have occasionally popped up but I wholeheartedly agree with Stan here in that his words and actions in relation to his official club role are being misinterpreted and used against him and it is causing arguments on here that would otherwise not exist and causing the fans to be in one camp or another.

I hope he still joins us on here for the more “fun” elements but in terms of his role at the club then it makes perfect sense to avoid the gossip and keep it through official club channels.

Do we really need to know the minutiae of the running of the club ? Then again I do have a life outside of SUFC so I guess I’m not normal am I ?

There have been debates upon debates on here about Stan which have mostly been received by the majority of members as good news and very informative for us all. There has also been the other side of the coin where we have seen quite a few with differing opinions. We as The Zone are here for that very reason so members can join in debates and air their views opposing or not within our rules.

What has happened though is that we have never had so many members having to be put on moderated posts and for the Mods to vet all of them which is not fair on them. This has created a storm we never wanted. We were in danger of becoming "StanZone"

Whilst I appreciate Stan coming on here and giving us information it causes far to much friction and I feel he is best to stick to the zoom calls and club announcements.

We are an INDEPENDANT SUFC fans forum with no ties to the club, this is how we want it and as Stan is now an employee of SUFC it is in all our best interests to inform us only as a Club Representative.

Stan has asked us to close his account and we have done so.

UTB and lets hope we can get back to winning ways tomorrow night.

There have been debates upon debates on here about Stan which have mostly been received by the majority of members as good news and very informative for us all. There has also been the other side of the coin where we have seen quite a few with differing opinions. We as The Zone are here for that very reason so members can join in debates and air their views opposing or not within our rules.

What has happened though is that we have never had so many members having to be put on moderated posts and for the Mods to vet all of them which is not fair on them. This has created a storm we never wanted. We were in danger of becoming "StanZone"

Whilst I appreciate Stan coming on here and giving us information it causes far to much friction and I feel he is best to stick to the zoom calls and club announcements.

We are an INDEPENDANT SUFC fans forum with no ties to the club, this is how we want it and as Stan is now an employee of SUFC it is in all our best interests to inform us only as a Club Representative.

Stan has asked us to close his account and we have done so.

UTB and lets hope we can get back to winning ways tomorrow night.
A great shame and a huge loss to the 'Zone in my opinion.
Not surprising, but expected, considering his role within the club.

That is a pity Stan, I really hope some of the trolls continuously posting absolute dross on here have a real hard look at themselves. They know who they are.

Come on it’s not been that bad. The overwhelming majority have had nothing but words of support. Those who doubt whether anything will change have said so and a tiny minority have expressed themselves in a way that makes it clear they are hostile to Stan.

But SVC has spent his adult life in football in high profile positions. He knows the score. He knows that if you put yourself forward there will always be some who will take pleasure in taking a cheap shot at you.

Let’s be honest, in football if you manage to avoid constant dogs’ abuse you will have had a half decent career.
If you doubt that just read some of the posts about our own players.

So SVC hasn’t been hounded off, he has made his own choice, which is his right. Perhaps he’s a little frustrated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back