• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Shrewsbury (A)

Starting XI

• Oxley

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • Bishop

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bwomono

Votes: 81 92.0%
  • Demetriou

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Ralph

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Blackman

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Kiernan

Votes: 85 96.6%
  • Shaughnessy

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Lennon

Votes: 71 80.7%
  • Hutchinson

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Milligan

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Mantom

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Dieng

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Hyam

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • McLaughlin

Votes: 83 94.3%
  • Hutchinson

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Ndukwu

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Goodship

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Cox

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Humphrys

Votes: 87 98.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Thought I'd kick this off early whilst today's game is fresh in our mind. Assuming Tuesday is too early for Milligan and Ralph to return, I'd tweak the team as follows:

Oxley

Demetriou Kiernan Lennon Bwomono

Mantom Hyam Dieng McLaughlin

Humphrys Goodship​

Subs: Bishop, Shaughnessy, Hamilton, Ndukwu, Cox, Clifford, Taylor
I don't want to see Blackman anywhere near the first XI ever again!

What a pleasure to be able to pick Macca on merit. Keep it up Stephen yesterday was a brilliant performance.

Overall we need as much stability as possible to build a bit of form, so I’ve kept the same side but swapped out Cox for Goodship and Blackman for Demetriou.

I love Coxy but I’m undecided as to whether he needs a rest or whether his style of play (dropping deep and not getting in the box quickly enough or often enough) is just not what we need at this moment in time. Brandon and Hump are the two strikers I’d have right now. Hump is unplayable at times and was superb yesterday. Brandon is a centre forward and a very good one IMO. He needs to play there.

I wasn’t as disappointed by Blackman as some - he did do some very good things but IMO is a bit too rusty in a number of areas especially his distribution. So it’s Dimi for me or Ralph if he’s fit. Happy with either in all honesty.

The central midfield and defensive pairings are still not firing on all cylinders but on balance I’d stick with them and encourage them to play themselves into form and get a run in the side to play themselves into form.

Ox showed a lot of what he can do on Saturday while also having a couple of moments he’ll want to forget. He also needs time in the side and plenty of encouragement to build on the really good things we saw at times yesterday.

Hutch was a difficult decision. He needs to get stuck in more and his defensive work wasn’t strong enough but I don’t think tiredness was the issue. I’ve opted to keep faith in him as we don’t have much width available and Ndukwu will be a very good player but seems a bit lightweight too at the moment. Layton did produce one superb piece of control though yesterday which showed just how good he could be and I would not be disappointed at all if he got a start on Tuesday.

As I say though I really think stability and sticking with players as much as possible is what’s needed right now so I’ve tried to stick with yesterday’s team as much as possible.

Come on boys you’re more than good enough to get three points on Tuesday if you keep doing the things you were doing yesterday!

UTB

Last edited:
Not convinced a mid 4 of Mantom, Hyam, Dieng and Mc Laughlin , despite the latters better performance, would hold much at bay. Dieng hasnt had a competitive match for some time, but could be brought on for a taster.
I think I would still prefer to go with Demetriou, Shaughnessy, Lennon and Bwomono at the back with Kiernan adding more midfield bite

Hump and Goodship up top. We’re gonna have to outscore them aren’t we, as we aren’t keeping a clean sheet ..

If Dieng and Hyem are available then how about starting with either of them and usi g the other as sub for when the starter tries or gets carded and stops tackling for risk of red?
Show Hutch the vid of his errors, coach the positive points and work thru the options, give him more game time to show he is a learner and player we want him to be. Not a youngster learning his craft by warming the bench or sitting in the stand.
Mac has a taste of a goal and will get his form! (Imo)..........maybe.
We need Ralph back asap.
Bin Blackman and his month contract, and get Timlin back on a month contract instead, he was Dru''s best partner and maybe good for Hutch and Hamilton, again don't expect miracles or full 100 minutes of game time but he will work 100%.

If Dieng and Hyem are available then how about starting with either of them and usi g the other as sub for when the starter tries or gets carded and stops tackling for risk of red?
Show Hutch the vid of his errors, coach the positive points and work thru the options, give him more game time to show he is a learner and player we want him to be. Not a youngster learning his craft by warming the bench or sitting in the stand.
Mac has a taste of a goal and will get his form! (Imo)..........maybe.
We need Ralph back asap.
Bin Blackman and his month contract, and get Timlin back on a month contract instead, he was Dru''s best partner and maybe good for Hutch and Hamilton, again don't expect miracles or full 100 minutes of game time but he will work 100%.

No thanks. Neither should start ever again

Oxley

Demitriou Kiernan Lennon Bwomono

McLaughlin Milligan Hamilton Ndukwu

Goodship Humphrys​

I think we'd have won that game Saturday if Milligan played. Not that he'd have scored but we finally played with some width and Macca played really well. Milligan has so many times already this season stood there looking at the backs of heads because he's had no outlet. He'll have a field day in a team with wingers

Can anyone tell me how or what it is Hamilton brings to the party to warrant continued unwavering selection?

Since he came on at half time at Lincoln away he’s played every single minute of every game bar Rochdale where he came off at half time....and barely raised a ripple of debate or dissent.....

Does anyone think if he didnt come from Man U he’d have continuously gone under the radar criticism wise as he has? Compared to the amount of criticism Mantom gets for example.....or Hyam, or Blackman!

I’d imagine part of his loan arrangement is that Man U will pay his wages all the time he’s playing and SUFC will foot the balance % wise for any time he isn’t selected.....

Bare in mind he’ll probably be trousering £8-10k a week as a Man U player.......

I think he won the ball a number of times Saturday and drove forward a number of times to.. Genuinely cant remember Manton doing either... Both are dog **** , dont get me wrong, but I would class Hamilton as the dry white kind easier on the eye and foot, not the other awful light brown smell kind that Mantom is

Back