• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
A cracking result in the circumstances. Obviously 10 men suits us. For those on a mission the Timlin thread has already started so maybe this thread may be a bit positive.

Roll on Saturday.

How hard was that to listen to in the 2nd half wave after wave shrews attack!! Browns tactics spot on with Loza his pace made the winner!!

Great result with ten men, sounded on radio like the ref was waiting for them to score. Be very interesting to see PB's formation for Saturday, the starting line up sounded all over the place, and I guess Barnett will start?

On the TZ coach heading home.
I'm going to open up with the truth.
Shrewsbury played us off the park. We were generally awful, the wing backs, especially hendrie were terrible. Shrewsbury over ran us over and over again. Half decent finishing and we would have taken a beating.
Bentley 7 made some vital saves first half
Hendrie 5 for the goal, otherwise complete gash
Barrett 6.5 threw his body in a lot.
Bolger 6.5 some vital defending in the box
Lenny 6 poor
Atkinson 5 lightweight...worked hard
Hunt....injured
Mooney 5.5
Payne 6.5 tried to play footy in amongst the mire
O Neil 6 done some defending
Loza 6.5 an assist done ok
Mcqueen 6 done ok.
I will say well done boys on the result a crucial 3 points

Shrewsbury played us off the park. We were generally awful, the wing backs, especially hendrie were terrible. Shrewsbury over ran us over and over again. Half decent finishing and we would have taken a beating.
Lenny 6 poor
Hunt....injured
Mooney 5.5
Mcqueen 6 done ok.

How about Thompson?

Lenny 6 poor
Hunt....injured
Mooney 5.5
Mcqueen 6 done ok.

And to the 231 - 10. :Worthy::Worthy:

Lenny 6 poor
Hunt....injured
Mooney 5.5
Mcqueen 6 done ok.
everyone was very average tonight then will those ratings eh?

Lenny 6 poor
Hunt....injured
Mooney 5.5
Mcqueen 6 done ok.

O'Neil "done some defending", excellent news.

I'm fortunate to be working in this area for a couple of days so tonight was a bit of a bonus away game for me, just got back to my hotel room so guess I should be the first to pen a report.

Make no mistake, this was a great result but NOT a good performance. The starting XI seemed a bit odd and the formation just didn't work as we were often overrun and did not press Shrewsbury as high as we did Peterborough or Coventry - it almost looked like we'd had a tough cup game at the weekend and they'd had 10 days off. We were reduced mainly to long range efforts (which tested their keeper) and it was one of those that flew in from the unlikely boot of Will Atkinson.. Had Shrewsbury taken their chances though, we'd have probably been behind at the break.

Shrewsbury levelled straight after half-time and to be fair it had been coming. Straight after this Brown took off the out of sorts Hunt (injured again?) and replaced him with Timlin, who was booked pretty soon after coming on - presumably for something he said to the ref following one of the (many) questionable decisions. Being on a yellow and with the Homer of all Homers of a referee it wasn't brightest decision by Timlin to slide in and scythe down their winger - it looked a certain yellow so the red that followed was one of the few decisions we couldn't argue with!

We were well under the cosh to be honest and Brown decided to haul off the other 2 of the starting front 3 as well and replaced Mooney with Loza and Payne with McQueen. Loza looked lively and it was he who broke into the box and squared a lovely ball which Hendrie drilled into the net from the edge of the 6-yard box. Shrewsbury huffed and puffed after that and the ref gave them all the 50:50 decisions, as well as the 60:40 and 70:30 ones that should have been in our favour. We hung on bravely and this is a great 3 points for us.

Ratings

Bentley 8 - made some good saves but still doesn't dominate his box
O'Neill 7 - not as dominant or impressive as in previous games
Bolger 8 - pick of the back 5
Barrett 7 - caught out of position a few times and lacks any pace to recover
Thompson 7 - not as good as previous games
Hendrie 7 - good goal but too often caught out doing his defensive duties
Leonard 6 - A couple of good long shots and mazy dribbles doesn't mask an ineffective midfield performance
Atkinson 7 - great strike for the goal and worked hard all night as usual in a midfield that was overrun
Payne 7 - the heartbeat of the side, but gets caught in possession too much
Hunt 6 - strangely out of sorts tonight
Mooney 6 - 4th choice striker now

Subs

Timlin 3 - undisciplined and unprofessional - let the team down
Loza 7 - good cross for the winner and worked really hard
McQueen 6 - looked off the pace to start with, but we only had 10 men...

Ref: 3 - absolutely shocking, not helped by the bald linesman who was equally shocking!

All in all a great 3 points!

Sounded on the radio that Grimmer was giving us a torrid time, I think he was on Hendrie's side of the pitch.

Really important three points but have to say it didn't sound like a great performance at all. Who cares though, am buzzing.

I'm fortunate to be working in this area for a couple of days so tonight was a bit of a bonus away game for me, just got back to my hotel room so guess I should be the first to pen a report.

Make no mistake, this was a great result but NOT a good performance. The starting XI seemed a bit odd and the formation just didn't work as we were often overrun and did not press Shrewsbury as high as we did Peterborough or Coventry - it almost looked like we'd had a tough cup game at the weekend and they'd had 10 days off. We were reduced mainly to long range efforts (which tested their keeper) and it was one of those that flew in from the unlikely boot of Will Atkinson.. Had Shrewsbury taken their chances though, we'd have probably been behind at the break.

Shrewsbury levelled straight after half-time and to be fair it had been coming. Straight after this Brown took off the out of sorts Hunt (injured again?) and replaced him with Timlin, who was booked pretty soon after coming on - presumably for something he said to the ref following one of the (many) questionable decisions. Being on a yellow and with the Homer of all Homers of a referee it wasn't brightest decision by Timlin to slide in and scythe down their winger - it looked a certain yellow so the red that followed was one of the few decisions we couldn't argue with!

We were well under the cosh to be honest and Brown decided to haul off the other 2 of the starting front 3 as well and replaced Mooney with Loza and Payne with McQueen. Loza looked lively and it was he who broke into the box and squared a lovely ball which Hendrie drilled into the net from the edge of the 6-yard box. Shrewsbury huffed and puffed after that and the ref gave them all the 50:50 decisions, as well as the 60:40 and 70:30 ones that should have been in our favour. We hung on bravely and this is a great 3 points for us.

Ratings

Bentley 8 - made some good saves but still doesn't dominate his box
O'Neill 7 - not as dominant or impressive as in previous games
Bolger 8 - pick of the back 5
Barrett 7 - caught out of position a few times and lacks any pace to recover
Thompson 7 - not as good as previous games
Hendrie 7 - good goal but too often caught out doing his defensive duties
Leonard 6 - A couple of good long shots and mazy dribbles doesn't mask an ineffective midfield performance
Atkinson 7 - great strike for the goal and worked hard all night as usual in a midfield that was overrun
Payne 7 - the heartbeat of the side, but gets caught in possession too much
Hunt 6 - strangely out of sorts tonight
Mooney 6 - 4th choice striker now

Subs

Timlin 3 - undisciplined and unprofessional - let the team down
Loza 7 - good cross for the winner and worked really hard
McQueen 6 - looked off the pace to start with, but we only had 10 men...

Ref: 3 - absolutely shocking, not helped by the bald linesman who was equally shocking!

All in all a great 3 points!
Home in North Wales after a cracking result at Shrewsbury.
Tense game all the way through, Payne was running the show for us but was muscled off the ball at crucial moments. Their goalkeeper made a couple of great saves in the first half and despite one flap at a cross Bentley did well, particularly in the first half when a goal bound shot bounced off his chest. Shrewsbury played some slick football throughout and killed us with build ups down their right wing. Barratt and Thompson did well. The Atkinson goal was a cracker as it swerved and shot past the keeper. The equaliser had been coming and lifted Shrewsbury who had come out early for the second half doing warm up routines.
Southend could have scored twice early on when Mooney put shots both sides of the goal. Loza was a breath of fresh air, chasing everything down and firing in the cross for our winner. 5 minutes added time shredded the nerves but Southend saw it out. To be fair Shrewsbury deserved a draw, but 10 men Southend looked a strong team, despite being outplayed a lot of the time. We had a lack of width, both going forward and defending so a lot to think about before Saturday.
Just warming up now after a freezing cold night, and a cracking 3 points.

I LOVE waking up in my morning and looking for the OMT before the result and ratings. I live each of the posts and pages as best as I can. I go through the same oh **** moments when we let a goal in or have a player booked or give away a pen. That and the match reports are massive for us exiles. Thanks all!

Back