• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Shrewsbury Town 2-1 Southend United

Full credit to Shrewsbury, though the way they celebrated like thy'd won the world cup after the game makes me think that they're more than a little sad. If we now go on an unbeaten run and they drop points thus allowing us to open the gap again, their win today will be meaningless. Let's see where we both are come the end of the season.

To be fair, they'd played most the game with ten men and beaten the league leaders. Roles reversed I would be pretty bloomin happy! Win any game with ten it feels amazing. Can't blame their fans. Its always frustrating to see opposition revelling, part and parcel of the game we love, Shrewsbury no different.

God knows why Hall never started he has been the provider of the majority of our goals this season, and wtf did we get Sampson on loan for if you were not going to play him, sorry Paul you got it wrong big time, we cannot even beat 10 men from an early stage in the game a disgrace.

Hall did not start as he had some personal matters to attend to during the week so reported either here on in the echo i recall so he did not train, i agree with regards to sampson his here for a month only played 9 mins are next game is 10 days away therefore unless we are extending his loan till season end what was the point in bringing him in

Hello Mighty Shrimper,

In my opinion, Dicko and Benyon are more than adequate in attack when chasing the game, both who can score.
Kane has scored some good and important goals, he also is able to move the ball and add a bit of energy to the mix.
And as Kalala was infact injured it made even more sense.

Dave, I don't know what you've seen in Benyon to suggest he is the best option when chasing a goal. He has scored one League goal in a year - co-incidentally exactly the same as your other favourite, Blair Sturrock.

Don't know if it been put already but a lot of Shrewsbury fans are wishing Dicko would die for his part his that player been stretchered off.

They're just sad little boys who probably get a kick out of abusing footballers from behind their computer screens.

As for Sturrock, you can't get it right every time. And we did get 2 injuries. Don't forget Shrewsbury haven't lost at home all season.

That's my input...

We lost to another team in the top 6, big deal, we won't win every game. Bring on the slimey salami di ****io :punch:

A game where the sending off conspired against us. Shrewsbury raised their game and outfought, outworked, out battled and ultimately wanted it more. A 2-1 defeat was not a disgrace but to lose to 10 men for an hour should not have happened. A point was the least to expect, Shrewsbury did not create many opportunities and both their goals were avoidable. We can blame the loss on to the injuries to Kalala & Phillips negating as per last week throwing Sampson and Moshni up top. I think we may have got the winner if this had happened but we live to fight another day still top.

Morris 6 - Great shot stopper but struggles to command the area, noticeable at corners was rooted on the line.
Clohessy 6 - Not as confident going forward with Grant in front and an off colour Hall
Phillips 6 - Will be a miss if out for long, was having usual steady game
Barker 6 - Seemed a bit more like the skip of old, steadier than of late
Gilbert 6 - Got caught out on pen, otherwise defensively OK against the nippy Taylor
Grant 6 - Did his best but wide right not his best position
Kalala 7 - MOTM, back to his best, ran his heart out and won balls had no right to, shame if he is out for long
Timlin 6 - A little ineffectual today, not his day
Martin 6.5 - Best game so far, looks to be a good buy, early chance should have whipped across the goal
Benyon 5 - A few nice touches but really does not look a threat, needs to be sharper
Dickinson 6.5 - Worked his tail off for the cause, maybe a bit fortunate to stay on the pitch

Hall 6.5 - Obviously off colour but still scored our goal after good work from Dicko
Mohsni 6 - Prefer him further up the field now, was he supposed to pick up Grandison or Dicko
Ferdinand 5 - Not on for long and barely touched the ball

We got done by a goal very similar to how we beat Northampton last week, very surreal sitting behind the goal watching the reverse yesterday. Thought their fans very gobby and nasty, you would have thought they had lost.
Now onto Swindon at home, needless to say we cannot afford another loss in this game.

Back