• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Shrewsbury Town 4-3 Southend Utd

His legs have gone according to Stevenage fans. Timlin of years ago, yes please. Timlin nowadays, no thanks. But yes, we need that type in the midfield.

Timlin with legs gone is still an upgrade on the pile of ****e we currently have.

Timlin with legs gone is still an upgrade on the pile of ****e we currently have.
I'm not sure that I agree with that @Ricey. I remember the torrid time the bloke got on here towards the end of his Southend career. If Michael was capable of still playing FL1 football then he would still be playing. Well past making a comeback with us I think.

I'm not sure that I agree with that @Ricey. I remember the torrid time the bloke got on here towards the end of his Southend career. If Michael was capable of still playing FL1 football then he would still be playing. Well past making a comeback with us I think.

That may be the case but for one thing he wouldn't have let that disgraceful display against Rochdale that went viral. He would've run the whole length of the pitch and got that ball off of whoever had it. Then he'd of bollocked everyone for not getting stuck in!

Easy to look at highlights and get an opinion which is different, but one thing I noticed Shrewsbury scored and player was mobbed by team mates, we score and little or no reaction from fellow players

Again only clips, so it can be made how you want you want it to look with careful editing, but was noticable
That's because when Shrewsbury scored they were ahead so had no reason to restart play quickly and could take time to celebrate. Whenever we scored we were still losing so kicking off quickly was the priority.

Yeah but the body language to me isn’t that of a team up for the fight. Quite the opposite. Looking at those reactions, we are heading down. Someone needs to seriously give this lot a rocket and Mantom and Cox, to my mind, need benching as they’ve not been at it since 3/4 of the way through last season yet continue to get picked. And yes, Cox scored a great goal which made me fume even more as it reminds us what he’s capable of fully fit and focused

Just watched the high lights, and I have seen girls tackle with more commitment than our players, just plain poor for paid professionals. L2 here we come.

There is an art to pressing the ball you can;t just do it all game or in the wrong area's , it needs someone to take the lead and initiate the press and for others to follow , id be amazed if our tactic is to sit off teams CM's and let them have the freedom of the middle third area.

As an example Jordan Henderson has come on leaps and bounds since being taught to press at the right time and having team mates around that can also do it and do it well and set the trigger when to do it as a unit .

Even if we don;t have the ability to do that id at least like to see our Midfield set the tone by getting tight and putting in a few big tackles .

Our CM's seem to think as long as you get 40 touches a game and a pass completion of 80% or higher then you have had a good game.

I honestly can;t remember watching a game where we dominated the Midfield and smashed a few players to get the crowd's volume up .

Maybe the modern game has bypassed me and stats are what its all about , when i played CM the first rule was to win my individual battle , to not let my opposing number win a header , tackle and certainly not to let them out work or bully me .
I remember playing in front of our very own Dave Cusack and he would crucify you if you took your foot off the gas and you knew if you let your runner go or bottled out of a tackle you would get a right mouthful in the changing room .

I don't get a feeling that would happen in this dressing room

Back