• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Shrewsbury Town 4-3 Southend Utd

Ignore the caught on the ball rubbish....what the **** are Hamilton and Mantom doing on the second?

Both treading water ball watching and not tracking runners.

There’s one of your problems right there.

Ignore the caught on the ball rubbish....what the **** are Hamilton and Mantom doing on the second?

Both treading water ball watching and not tracking runners.

There’s one of your problems right there.

EXACTLY - Individual errors are so costly because nobody is busting a gut to cover for each other. Really not impressed with Hamilton, too much of a luxury player. Mantom is lightweight too. When he's fit I think Milligan will be an upgrade on these two and I'd play him with Hyam or Kiernan in the middle to get a bit of steel in there.

What sticks out (AGAIN), is how the opposition have more desire than our players. Look at their first and how Lennon is too slow to do anything with the ball and gets robbed, followed straight up by their guy winning the tackle with McLaughlin. Is Lennon doesn’t dally and just puts his foot through it then they don’t score. Ralph and Elvis then give away goals doing exactly the same thing. It’s embarrassing.

First was caught in possession as was the fourth (that one was scary)... we looked good in attack for the three. It’s a big job to get the two parts of the team to unite. You can almost see a ‘them and us’ in body language.

See Anton was on SSN yesterday, can't we get him back on a temporary basis to sort the bloody defence out?

Such a shame to have scored some decent goals - 3 of them away from home, no less - and still lost.

We’ve never replaced Ferdinand, Coker, Leonard, Timlin even .. we’ve brought in lesser quality players and left ourselves f**ked when we’ve had injuries. Yes, that’s SCP but it’s got a million times worse since Bond and now Waddock were handed the reigns. We need a tough tacking midfielder or two, a decent centre back, a left back, a winger to balance the team (and Goodship/Hutch/Hamilton are not wingers).. but yeah we need someone to tell this lot how to do the basics and defend as a team. Ok, rant over .. positive thoughts from now on ?

Easy to look at highlights and get an opinion which is different, but one thing I noticed Shrewsbury scored and player was mobbed by team mates, we score and little or no reaction from fellow players

Again only clips, so it can be made how you want you want it to look with careful editing, but was noticable

Shocking. Elvis a big fault in 2 goals and Ralph caught out of position again. Space between Kiernan and Lennon is vast, back 4 doesn't operate as a unit and CM's offer zero cover/tracking. Most worrying thing is we have a losing mentality in the side, they look like they 'accept' every goal conceded. I can see Waddock revert to 3 centre backs to try and shore things up. No point in Cox & Humphries being on fire if we let in 3/4 every week.

Easy to look at highlights and get an opinion which is different, but one thing I noticed Shrewsbury scored and player was mobbed by team mates, we score and little or no reaction from fellow players

Again only clips, so it can be made how you want you want it to look with careful editing, but was noticable
Ive noticed this as well. I think we are absolutely ****ed without this team spirit...

1st goal as pointed out before could of been avoided with a no nonsense lets clear our lines attitude , so could the 2 and the 4th when the full backs got caught on the ball.

For me the 3rd goal was most worrying as we had 3 chances to bring the attacking player down in areas that would of let us regroup and defend as a unit .

Nothing wrong with getting a tactical yellow card when a player is running at you like that

1st goal as pointed out before could of been avoided with a no nonsense lets clear our lines attitude , so could the 2 and the 4th when the full backs got caught on the ball.

For me the 3rd goal was most worrying as we had 3 chances to bring the attacking player down in areas that would of let us regroup and defend as a unit .

Nothing wrong with getting a tactical yellow card when a player is running at you like that

Your right but if all else fails then then don't turn your back on a scuffed side foot shot. We must have conceded at least 10 goals so far that could have been blocked. As was the case last night, all we mange to do is block the view of our own keeper......Who then wrongly gets the blame.

Back