• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Shrewsbury Town v Southend United

Yet Saturday it was our wide midfielders fault for not offering support ??

I think at the very least we need to start looking at the fixtures in the side that haven’t changed and been involved in all the goals conceded directly or indirectly.....

Why has this team got a total inability to defend
To be honest I think we are a total embarrassment..3 of the 4 goals where down
To Ryman standard defending yet again

We really are in big trouble ,Ron's confidence in a squad that still has no bite,passion or balance in midfield and a shambles of a disorganised defence without a real leader.The problem areas from last season weren't resolved by Bond .We have a decent front line which is struggling because of those issues.
Ron needs to get somebody in asap with the experience to sort this mess out

Most of them goals tonight are individual mistakes in the full back areas I think, wish we'd gone all out to get get Hart back would've been better then Ralph or Elvis playing LB. You shouldn't be scoring three but not get anything from the game, our goals were good but we keep giving sloppy goals away to ruin any of the good work!:Angry:

Goodship - not up to it

Nathan - nope

pLaying 3 forwards - Cox, Hump, Goodship - plus a wide man Macca -

RIDICULOUS

so Mantom and a kid are left to run a league one engine room ????

Thats why we are shipping goals

Great forward line feel sorry for them Humphries probably championship class .Also got conference players in their as well .The team is zapping my enthusiasm bring back ryan leonard if millwall dont think hes good enough

Defending embarrassing again. How have we scored 6 goals in 2 games and come away with one point to show for it? Ralph was shocking and Elvis let himself down massively with his mistake to gift them their fourth. He’d had a good game until that.

We’ve conceded more than Bolton as it stands. The same Bolton who sent their youth team out and got battered every week for the first part of the season. This needs to be sorted out quickly. We’ll go down without a whimper at this rate.

Yet Saturday it was our wide midfielders fault for not offering support ??

I think at the very least we need to start looking at the fixtures in the side that haven’t changed and been involved in all the goals conceded directly or indirectly.....

One of your prima donnas to be dropped would be Simon Cox I presume.I'd guess another would be Mantom.Probably Oxley too.Anyone else? :Unsure:

The fact is that it isn’t just one or two players, to say it is is fool hardy. It’s a team game and the team are playing badly

Not sure Waddock can take any blame tonight (with the exception of moving Elvis rather than Demi). Thought the team looked well set up. Lennon had as good a game as I can recall and Kiernan solid. It was all about Individual mistakes but also no thinking. When you know Elvis doesn’t have a left foot why keep using that side rather than channeling everything down the right - that’s where Mantom should have been organising the team. We are scoring freely. I’m quite upbeat about most of the play but it’s how far the gap is growing which means we have to fix it very quickly.

No it's mine.But what's your answer to the question? Who would you drop and who would you replace them with? Or are you waiting for your mate @rigsby to answer for you?

I said we may need to look at players that have consistently been at fault....or been involved in something that’s not working....

Cox may need to be left out...cos at the moment we are accommodating him if we want to play Goodship and Humphrys in the same side....

Mantom may need to be left out for a Hyam or even a fit Dieng....

Demetriou isnt fit and isn’t ready.....why hasn’t he played games for 23s to at least play matches?

I dot have the answer but I am saying let’s stop making the same scapegoats....

Absolutley agree 70s. Lennon and Kiernan were good tonight, which sounds mad, after a team have let 4 in.

At no time did either full back play a ball down the line and just sit and hold the shape.

Everytime, they were galloping forward and the majority of times giving the ball away and we are under pressure. We get free kicks and instead of shaping up setting, and slowing the game downand put the ball into box. No, we take them quickly f**K up a simple pass and back on the back foot again.

It's backs against the wall and it's all our own fault.

If the FBs are not being listening to what they are told in training, then I am sorry, but they have to be sent into the stiffs until they learn, once we are in a position to do so. If they can't do it then, then they have to go. I cannot believe any coach would want their full baccks being as predictable as those 2 were tonight. It's not as if we are filling the box and they are putting cross after cross in, be cause they're not.

I was a little nervous about Ralph when the video came out once we had signed him, because all his tackling and boy they must have taken years to put that tape together, was taken with him running back towards his own goal diving in at a winger, because he was caught out up front. The only difference since he has come here is he doesn't tackle!!

Christ I would have loved to have played against either of them, they are so predictable to catch out of position it's scary.

I said we may need to look at players that have consistently been at fault....or been involved in something that’s not working....

Cox may need to be left out...cos at the moment we are accommodating him if we want to play Goodship and Humphrys in the same side....

Mantom may need to be left out for a Hyam or even a fit Dieng....

Demetriou isnt fit and isn’t ready.....why hasn’t he played games for 23s to at least play matches?

I dot have the answer but I am saying let’s stop making the same scapegoats....
But are you not making scapegoats by what you say?

Back