• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
The games (tough ones!) keep on coming.

A lovely little town and a pleasant new(ish) ground with a flat and usually very good pitch.

With his curfew I don't believe PB can select Nile.

Although our problems have been laid at the injury door I think the current system and midfield has also been to blame for the lack of goal threat so..............

Ox

Elvis, JW, Anton, Hendie (or Tims)

MacL, Len, Woody, Dru (or Tims)

MAF, Cox

If this was a weekend game I would be there but too far for a workday etc.

UTB!

The games (tough ones!) keep on coming.

A lovely little town and a pleasant new(ish) ground with a flat and usually very good pitch.

With his curfew I don't believe PB can select Nile.

Although our problems have been laid at the injury door I think the current system and midfield has also been to blame for the lack of goal threat so..............

Ox

Elvis, JW, Anton, Hendie (or Tims)

MacL, Len, Woody, Dru (or Tims)

MAF, Cox

If this was a weekend game I would be there but too far for a workday etc.

UTB!

You wonder if the fixture doers (can't think of a better word!) actually consider travelling supporters (plainly not)? Wouldn't Shrews yesterday and Charlton on Tuesday make more sense?

You wonder if the fixture doers (can't think of a better word!) actually consider travelling supporters (plainly not)? Wouldn't Shrews yesterday and Charlton on Tuesday make more sense?

How about complete tossers, would that be better?

We don't have that many local games I wouldn't want them all to be Tuesday nights.
As it stands we only have away games at Shrewsbury, MK Dons & Bury on Tuesday nights so that's not bad.

I'll go with your starting line up Massimo, including the either or on Mr Timlin. Chances are that PB will start him.

Presuming Kightly is injured then line up I suspect would be along the following lines;

Oxley
Elvis White Ferdinand Hendrie
Demetriou Lenny Timlin McLaughlin
MAF Ranger (pending curfew?)

Subs: Smith, Kyprianou, McGlashan, Woody, Dru, Ba, Cox

I believe McG works best as an impact sub, and Elvis / Demi on the right gives us more defensive capabilities, also think MAF / Ranger up top to start, with Cox on the bench.

Like before anyone's guess who will start.

Who know's we could have Keirnan, plus Wright and Richardson in for all I know?

No it doesn't make more sense actually because more people will miss out if Charlton is midweek than Shrewsbury.

Oxley
Elvis
White
Anton
Demetriou
McGlashan
Timlin
Leonard
McLaughlin
Cox
Fortune

assume Ranger and Kightly miss out. Hendrie dropped for Demi.

OXLEY,ELVIS,FERDI,WHITE,HENDRIE
DEMI,LENNY,DRU,McL,
RANGER,WABO.
Subs : SMITH,KRYPTONITE,KLASS,MAF,COX,WORDY ( cameo if poss)Kiernan ( if pos for a cameo )
i take it WOW is injured and if Ranger unavailable Maf to replace him with Ba coming into subs,if kiernan and Wordy not ready then McG and Matsuaka to replace on subs bench. Seems to me Wabo only striker in the club who can put the ball intothe back of the net albeit its only in the u23s .rest are firing blanks .

Who would have thought, following on from last seasons away game, that Shrewsbury would be top and 10 points ahead of us. It's early season I know but I still wouldn't have predicted that. Their team on paper is really nothing to be afraid of either. Just goes to show that it's a team game and not 11 individuals. Our squad looks good on paper but you wouldn't think it was a good 'team' at the moment.

A real stern test for us that will be tight. 1-0 to either team, heart says us, head says them.

I've heard through the grapevine that Ranger is allowed to play evening games as well as away games whilst under curfew.

My only change to the weekend would be dropping McGlashan, the bloke spent 65mins running into the opposition fullback!

Shrewsbury are another side benefitting from a settled team. 8 players have played all 6 league games and another 2, 5 of the 6. There's no big names in their side- a lot of them have come from non league.

Last edited:
Not keen on Demitriou at left back.

Me neither, surely Kyprianou is the next proper left back in line. Did nothing wrong on his two appearances there
last season either.

Back