• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Another BIG away game and we MUST do better than we did at WW (when they were table toppers).
Pleasant new stadium, good away end, fair stewards, ok pies; I wish I could be there.

However more importantly what will Mr B do?
Will he stay with the same line up?
We don't have any new injuries that I have become aware of, and suspensions are spent for several regulars.

At the back will he bring Adam in for his experience and as Shrews have two very good strikers who are fast and can be physical; or does he keep the same after a clean sheet? I'd bring Adam in for B-Williams, harsh on the lad.

Does he stay with the same line up in midfield? Away from home maybe I'd start with the same and make early changes if needed.

Up front BBBC will be on the bench, IMO; with Pig and another alongside to start.

4 4 2 again.

UTB!

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if we go 451 with deegan coming in ...

I'd love to stay 442 and put a real statement of intent down by going there and trying to win the game

Another BIG away game and we MUST do better than we did at WW (when they were table toppers).
Pleasant new stadium, good away end, fair stewards, ok pies; I wish I could be there.

However' more importantly what will Mr B do?
Will he stay with the same line up?
We don't have any new injuries that I have become aware of, and suspensions are spent for several regulars.

At the back will he bring Adam in for his experience and as Shrews have two very good strikers who are fast and can be physical; or does he keep the same after a clean sheet? I'd bring Adam in for B-Williams, harsh on the lad.

Does he stay with the same line up in midfield? Away from home maybe I'd start with the same and make early changes if needed.

Up front BBBC will be on the bench IMO with Pig and another alongside.

4 4 2 again.

UTB!

Can't see it being anyone but Piggott and Cassidy for the front two, and yes, I think Barratt in for Williams. I bet that Deegan will make the starting line-up instead of Timlin, hope I'm wrong though.

Playing 451 will invite them on so I hope Phil sticks with 442 and has a go at them,point there would be good but 3 would be better.

If we play Thompson and Binnom-Williams again, I think we will lose. I think both will become good defenders, but not playing with each other as I think there needs to be a more experienced head to partner one of them.

Lenny dropped for Deegan. That is all

I don't think that is a bad shout. Leonard needs time out I think.

Against popular opinion on here, i'd be tempted to flood the midfield and go 4-5-1. Think a point would be a good result for us looking at their home form.

Off topic but when people set up these type of threads please use the clubs full name ie: Southend United not shrimpers vs Shrews or whatever..Google prefers the real name of our club when searching...Google ranking etc etc .. I am forever editing them *sigh*

Ta Muchly. :smile:

Lenny dropped for Deegan. That is all

If we stick with 442 then thats not a bad idea.

Shrewsbury have the best midfield Ive seen so far, Deegan is made to cause problems to it. I think Deegan will play though whatever system we use.

If Corr is fit Id like to see him and Pigott up front.

Anyone thinking we will win at Shrewsbury should take a moment to check their home form:

Played 14 Won 12 Drawn 2 Lost 0 Goals For 29 Goals Against 5

Of all our matches this season this is the one to go away and park the bus in our area. Other teams have done that well against us, now let's give some back. If we try to be too clever we'll get spanked like we were at Wycombe. You know it makes sense.

If we stick with 442 then thats not a bad idea.

Shrewsbury have the best midfield Ive seen so far, Deegan is made to cause problems to it.

If Corr is fit Id like to see him and Pigott up front.

Agree with you,

Deegan is a beast and I have always said Corr needs to play in a two.

Anyone thinking we will win at Shrewsbury should take a moment to check their home form:

Of all our matches this season this is the one to go away and park the bus in our area. Other teams have done that well against us, now let's give some back. If we try to be too clever we'll get spanked like we were at Wycombe. You know it makes sense.

Spot on, this is my opinion too. Lets face it we are good at keeping it solid too, play to our strengths not theirs. Frustrate them.

Spot on, this is my opinion too. Lets face it we are good at keeping it solid too, play to our strengths not theirs. Frustrate them.

They average 2 goals per game so we would need an heroic rearguard action to restrict them if we play 451.

Thanks for the statistics - and that means an away win will be all the more rewarding.

I say go for the 3 points - draws will not necessarily get us into the automatic promotion places.

I see Deegan coming in for Cassidy and reverting back to a 4-5-1 for this one.

Changes in midfield, up front and the formation will be interesting but I feel our weakest area is the central defence. And I admit that I have no firm idea of which two to play.

It is a conundrum but I would be tempted to go with Barrett and Thompson.

They average 2 goals per game so we would need an heroic rearguard action to restrict them if we play 451.

are we an average team in this league? our position would suggest not and we average less than a goal a game conceded. I'm not sure the point you are trying to make? Surely we would need an even more heroic rearguard if we played 4-4-2? You are also one of the most vocal critics when it comes to our lack of goals, playing an open game would surely increase their chances of scoring and like you have said many times you don't back us to score more than 1 maybe 2 a game.

Back