• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Tuesday night isn't too far away now, so what are your thoughts? Obviously no Barnett or Deegan available, but hard to see there being any other changes after the superb performance last week. Will be very different playing the 5-3-2 against a side who we are more likely to dominate, as opposed to Coventry and Peterborough where the opposition were expected to dominate possession and the chances.

I'd go:
Bentley,
O'Neill, Bolger, Barrett, Thompson, Hendrie,
Timlin,
Leonard, Atkinson,
Payne,
Hunt
Subs: Ted Smith, White, Worrall, Kamara, McQueen, Mooney, Loza

Think McLaughlin is still out isn't he? Will be interesting to see if Worrall is involved, particularly given how short we are on firs T team players to fill the bench.

Going to be confident and go for a 2-0 win to the Blues with Hunt and Payne scoring.

Last edited:
And there is Loza to consider as well.

Is this the place to ask about travel? I understand the new(ish) ground is off on an awful retail site but can it be reached from town easily?

Is it premature to hazard a guess at the team and bench before the clock has ticked beyond 23.00 on Monday evening?

Let's see how the Shrews get on this afternoon against The Owls (and Gary Hooper).

It will be interesting to see if they (Shrewsbury) put out a strong team, whether they pick up injuries and/or suspensions and the state of the pitch given that we will be playing on it 3 days later.

Let's see how the Shrews get on this afternoon against The Owls (and Gary Hooper).

It will be interesting to see if they (Shrewsbury) put out a strong team, whether they pick up injuries and/or suspensions and the state of the pitch given that we will be playing on it 3 days later.

I think they will be urged by M Mellon to give it a big go this afternoon as a victory and the next round of the Cup , and it's potential revenue, would be higher on the agenda than a league match against little us.

No he cant play in this one.

Sorry, I just read the original post.... That's typical, just when a formation was suiting us with Barnett up top. Saying that, we have a lot of depth in the squad and for once, strikers who will get you goals so I fancy us for this one still.

Shrewsbury currently drawing 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday. Twenty minutes to go. I think a draw in that match would suit us since they would have the replay in mind when they take us on.

One minute.... you might have redeemed yourself........

Swrewsbury have a penalty!.... scored on a re-bound 2-2

Was listening to the match, it was a great game, one of those FA classics, looking forward to watching the highlights later. Sadly I dont think they picked up any injuries though.

You would'nt think they have'nt won a game at home (in the league) for 7 games, their last win was in October. Makes me slightly nervous, that they might on this cup win and carry it forward into Tuesday night. Would just be our luck.

Damn it! A win was the last thing we wanted.............. unless they get drawn at home against Arsenal or Man City, of course....

Well a win for them might be a good thing for us, they might be distracted by the fifth round draw and have to lift themselves for boring old Southend! Well I can hope anyway

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we play them last season (season before) just before they drew/played Chelsea ?

Back