• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Shrewsbury Town vs Southend United

RHB

I'm a Mod like Ricey⭐⭐
Staff member
Off we trot to Montgomery Waters Meadow this Saturday to take on Shrewsbury Town. Last season they were the surprise team of the division finishing in third place but losing out it the play offs. This season, a less impressive start so far with 4 points on the board. As many have said, there are no easy games in this division, and Shrewsbury will be desperate to get their first win at home so we can expect an interesting 90 minutes.

So, who will Mr Powell send out to start this game, and will it match your selection? Team members and formations and anything else match related whacked down here chums. I thought about predicting a line up, and then had a glance at my prediction league stats and thought better of it just yet!

Last edited:
Think we can win this , but would rather not be playing a team that has yet failed to win on the basis it must change for them soon

According to the Official site we have been issued 512 tickets to start with and they will be situated in the DM Recruitment Stand, prices are as follow:

Price Adult £20.00 Senior £15.00 Disabled £15.00 Student (with valid NUS card) £15.00 Young person £15.00 Junior (12-18) £8.00 Juniors (Under 12) Free Disabled carer Free

We have been issued 6 pairs of wheelchair and carer tickets which come at the above prices.

Ticket sales on the day of the game will be cash only at the DM Recruitment Stand and will have no price increase.

Please note there is no cash machine located near or inside the ground.

For those dedicated Zoners who intend to go, don't forget to check out the SZ Travel Forum
for superb coach travel at reasonable cost.

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/zone-travel-to-shrewsbury-town-sat-15th-sept-2018.97076/

Stockdale,
Demetriou, White, Moore, Coker,
Bunn, Dieng, Mantom, McLaughlin,
Hopper, Cox

Subs: Bishop, Bwomono, Turner, Klass, Batlokwa, McCoulsky, Robinson.

Harsh on McCoulsky perhaps but think we'd be better off with Cox to drop deeper, particularly away from home and with question marks over the fitness of the two midfielders.

Would be good if we could take 300 plus away to this one, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

I'll be there my son lived nearby so I'll be seeing him for the week-end. Lots of guitar and curry!

Stockdale,
Hopper, Cox

Harsh on McCoulsky perhaps but think we'd be better off with Cox to drop deeper, particularly away from home and with question marks over the fitness of the two midfielders.
Turner to start,White on bench with Wabo not Robinson and Hutchinson instead of Klass or Rene’,but please don’t walk away Rene’.

Stockdale
Demitriou Turner Moore Coker
Bunn mantom dieng
Cox
Hopper macolsky

Cox is a better provider and the most intelligent player we have! Play him just behind the front two and he will create non stop chances for the forwards

That's the team I would go with. But think cp will be more cautious and leave hops up front and isolated. Think we will get turned over 2_1.

That's the team I would go with. But think cp will be more cautious and leave hops up front and isolated. Think we will get turned over 2_1.
Somthing else I've noticed about Powell is when we play away from the hall he normally goes with 1 upfront which I just do not understand? And normally after an encouraging 442 performance at home! When he goes with 1 upfront away we end up loosing! He needs to be more positive and attack Shrewsbury! We have the players to do it and expect us to turn Shrewsbury over.

What's the parking around the ground like? Time i get home from work i'll be in a hurry to do the long drive and park up to get in their ground

Somthing else I've noticed about Powell is when we play away from the hall he normally goes with 1 upfront which I just do not understand? And normally after an encouraging 442 performance at home! When he goes with 1 upfront away we end up loosing! He needs to be more positive and attack Shrewsbury! We have the players to do it and expect us to turn Shrewsbury over.
We're pretty much 1 up front at home as well, people just assume it's 2 up front because Cox is listed as a striker but he rarely gets into the box. He's more of an attacking midfielder in our system, he's far more involved in the build up play than finishing off moves.

We're pretty much 1 up front at home as well, people just assume it's 2 up front because Cox is listed as a striker but he rarely gets into the box. He's more of an attacking midfielder in our system, he's far more involved in the build up play than finishing off moves.
Sadly you're right and apart from injuries it's our biggest problem at the moment.

What's the parking around the ground like? Time i get home from work i'll be in a hurry to do the long drive and park up to get in their ground

Big car park at the ground and plenty of road parking within 10 minutes walking. Nice new ground, friendly stewards and usually whole behind the goal stand with own bar and pie stuff.

Some locals do park on the grass verges but that's still a long yomp to the ground.

If you use their car park its an unorganised shove the end. Don't think they will let you go early as the local coaches/buses get priority. A few of us will be getting one from the Prince of Wales pub...£2.50 return. Be warned they leave really sharp from the home end so If you do use one don't spend to long clapping our players after they win.....If they lose as we did on that Saturday game 2 seasons ago the locals don't give you to much stick on the bus and at least you will be having pint back in town before anyone else.

Stockdale,
Hopper, Cox

Assuming our injury problems haven't got any worse then that team would be about right. The only change for me would be Moore in for White rather than Turner. Moore can sweep and Turner is still a good attacking CB. By that I mean attacking the ball and pressuring their 9. I always thought Turner was better if Anton was behind him as he knew he had good cover,

Back