• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Shrewsbury Town vs Southend United

Sadly the way things are going, I can only see another dissapointment.

Been to Shrewsbury. Ticked it off the list and have no desire to ever go again.

SOUTHEND United defender Jason Demetriou will head into Saturday’s trip to Shrewsbury Town boosted by his international displays.

More...

Loss. Mostly because when I say we'll lose, we end up winning. But I'm struggling to see the positives this season. Someone asked me the other week my favourite player. I had to put a lot of thought into it because noone is setting the pitch alight for us!

Oh dear.

We chucked away 2 points at Plymouth. Hopefully not another 3 on Saturday.

Did we really chuck 2 points away?

Weren't the stats something like 17-5 shots on target in our favour. That would suggest the team, the tactics and the formation were right.....Unfortunately the finishing is the thing that let us down. Plus that ridiculous penalty the ref gave to them.

Did we really chuck 2 points away?

Weren't the stats something like 17-5 shots on target in our favour. That would suggest the team, the tactics and the formation were right.....Unfortunately the finishing is the thing that let us down. Plus that ridiculous penalty the ref gave to them.

Spot on.

We were so much on top and then the time wasting started because we were very happy with a point, probably because of Plymouth's form from January to March.

This may have been because SCP was up in the Gods having been sent off.

BEN Coker will make his 200th appearance for Southend United tomorrow - five years after fearing he had no future in football.

More...

BLUES boss Chris Powell has heaped praise on Ben Coker ahead of the left-back’s 200th appearance for the club.

More...

d4e7660f269a483640718e38a184c970.jpeg

411d12a13b7da2d097cbcf439a4948a3.jpeg

Good luck to the boys tomorrow - I'd like to see Demi back in at RB, Taylor Swift in the middle alongside Johnny White. Bunn and Macca wide with Dieng and Mantom in the middle, and Coxy and Hopper up top.

Early subs if things aren't working, McCoulsky needs to come on earlier if we need to make changes.

Parking controls all round the ground,check out Football League Grounds website

Don't park in the retail park next to the ground, like I did a few years ago. Got back to the car to find a £100 fine stuck to the car, reduced to £50 if paid within 28 days. Thanks. The car park did not appear to be camera controlled, and I think the thing that did for me was the Southend on tour sticker on the back of my car. No traffic wardens in sight of course, having done their brave work while the match was taking place! Okay, my fault for not reading the signs in the half empty car park. But made for a crap journey home, especially after losing 2-1 if I remember correctly, when they were down to 10 men. We spent half the game singing "We are top of the league", and they responded by singing "You only know one song"!

Good luck to the boys tomorrow - I'd like to see Demi back in at RB, Taylor Swift in the middle alongside Johnny White. Bunn and Macca wide with Dieng and Mantom in the middle, and Coxy and Hopper up top.

Early subs if things aren't working, McCoulsky needs to come on earlier if we need to make changes.

SCP thought so too, Kay!

Back