• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I am not a great fan of shrimperzoners going onto other Forums and winding up that board.
We don't like it when people do it on here and so feel we should not be hypocrites.
But what has really got my goat up is Shrimperama going on Colchester board and slagging off Southend area and calling it a dump.

From Shrimperama on Colchester site

''Southend is a dump, but a lot of the surrounding towns and villages are nice. I haven't lived in southend for like 10 years.''

Having been born and still living in Southchurch I don't take to kindly being told I live in a dump by someone who has not lived in Southend for 10 years.

I think the council have made great strides over the last few years to improving the town. I also think we have some great green spaces and facilities we can be proud of.

As for going on Colchester board and telling them Southend is a dump, well
:nope:

Last edited:
Southend is far from a dump. I could see why you'd think that if you only went to the area immediately around Roots Hall though.

I think the mentality of people who only turn up on other boards for a wind up speaks for itself though. He's probably 12.

Parts of Southend are a dump, but the majority of it is in't - show me a town of comparable size anywhere in the UK that doesn't have run down, undesirable areas. I certainly wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Its in the eye of the beholder. Southend is a town that, like many, that has good and bad areas. For its size and potential it is a huge underachiever and still, to outsiders, is a seafront tourist town with a pier. But its our town and despite qualms and disappointment it will always be our town. An accurate reflection of our football club.

Always galls me that the majority of what visiting supporters see of our beautiful town are some of the worst bits. The A127 isn't the prettiest of roads into town and the bit of Fairfax Drive and Victoria Avenue they see is pretty much past its best. At least they do pass Priory Park so it's not all bad.

I'd certainly agree that someone who hasn't lived here for 10 years doesn't have any right to call the town a "dump" though.

I don't condone going on other forums and bad mouthing Southend.
I do agree that the town is very dejected in many wards AND much of that is linked into the continuing farce of Vic Ave, & Roots Hall with a Council that doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow and NO true, honest, open plan for the way ahead.
The days of Vic Ave office blocks are long gone, the design of the tower blocks and Kursall Estate had been known to be social disasters YET SBC went ahead and persist with them.
The Uni development & Airport are real progress, a marina would be very good BUT most important is that FF and the following regeneration starts PDQ.

That's it just don't let things get to ya, let it just fly over your head, probley waiting for a reaction, just ignore the post:thumbsup:

Colchester has a forum? Wouldnt it be easier if they both just text each other?

Last edited:
The Internet hmmm !

Personally I couldn't care less coz it ain't real world so to speak,an opinion that is all it is.

My sympathies lie with those who have nothing better to do with their time than to go on an opposition message board - either to post messages or to criticize others who have done so.

My sympathies lie with those who have nothing better to do with their time than to go on an opposition message board - either to post messages or to criticize others who have done so.

I find it hard to believe you sympathise with anyone Mick - is it Christmas? :winking:

My sympathies lie with posters who have nothing better to do than post a criticism of those who have nothing better to do with their time than to go on an opposition message board - either to post messages or to criticize others who have done so. :raspberry:

He has a fair point except it should have been posted in The Pub. Many parts of redisential Southend Borough are wonderful. Many parts of the High Street and it's immediate surroundings should be razed to the ground and redeveloped. I was down the High St on Sunday and I was shocked. I was going to liken it to North Eastern Europe but I'm sure Gdansk is more salubrious.

Back