• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Shrimpers Bar and away fans

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
I'm travelling down to Saturday's game with a five or six Plymouth supporting mates. Obviously the Spread is a no-no for pre-match beers, but would they be welcome in the Shrimpers? I promise they'll behave!

I'm travelling down to Saturday's game with a five or six Plymouth supporting mates. Obviously the Spread is a no-no for pre-match beers, but would they be welcome in the Shrimpers? I promise they'll behave!

Yes, the way they keep on running out of beer before a match is pretty shocking.

I don't have a problem with that at all Uncle Leo; I would hope the days of hooligan stuff are behind the majority of fans. We drank in Daggers' bar last season without issue for example; and in the past seasons I have been welcome (scarf/hat of SUFC) in club bars at Macclesfield & Grimsby when we have arrived early.

Away fans are generally welcome in the Shrimpers, James. The away fans' guide has been changed to reflect this.

For a game like this there may be some restriction, but if they are coming in with a Southend supporter (in this case, your good self) there won't be a problem. If you have any difficulty just refer whoever is objecting to me or Beaver.

Im sure the Spread are letting away fans in now, Dont trust me though as only been in there once after the Burton Game

Away fans are generally welcome in the Shrimpers, James. The away fans' guide has been changed to reflect this.

For a game like this there may be some restriction, but if they are coming in with a Southend supporter (in this case, your good self) there won't be a problem. If you have any difficulty just refer whoever is objecting to me or Beaver.

Excellent, cheers Kay.

Really? I find that surprising, aren't there still doormen on on match days?

There are, but when I popped in before the Burton game, they didn't ask if I was a home or away fan, which they certainly used to.

Before a Col Ewe game once, I was asked if I was home or away and I just held up my hand to show that I had five rather than six fingers on it. Doorman wasn't very amused.

Back