• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers boss Powell facing striker shortage

Cox, Humphrys, Kelman, Wabo, Ba, Hutchinson and at a pinch Bunn - not really a shortage.

Shortage of opportunities though!!

Perhaps Mr Powell you may want to introduce your midfield to the forwards above as they seem unable or unwilling to provide the forwards with any service whatsoever.
I think Powell has written off Wabo and Ba (who doesn't even get a start for the U23s these days). Wabo probably only made the bench on Saturday to make up the numbers.

Really what budget did he think he had, sorry CPM but he’s been in the game long enough to know the score
Mid table at best mid table team, with constant court visits to HMRC
He knew the score, wasn’t moaning about it last season when according to many he saved us from the drop

Top person to meet, but limited ability as manager especially with us so far

SCP has his hands and feet tied with the budget, and he probably had to let Theo go to allow the bid for Ferrier to have had any legs, even before there was any hope he would agree to join us.

With that deal not going through, the roll of the dice proved to be a losing one. Not necessarily CPs fault!

In today's game you don't get a lot of player for £75k, so it is possible that we would have been just as badly off as we are now, and £75k poorer!!! At least with our own youngsters, we know what we are getting, and not setting up some poor lad from somewhere else to be our next boo-boy victim!

The reality is we are p**s poor, and despite our premier-cru champagne aspirations, we are on an Asda budget basement lemonade budget! Basically, we can't compete for the best talent, and as a result, with half our squad on the sick list we are down to needing to rely on our old dogs, who can no longer hack it for 90 minutes every week and our young puppies who need time to learn and recover.

With any luck, Demitriou and Lennon are back soon!

When CP took over from PB I remember reading posts hoping his managerial tenure would not spoil memories for those of us who watched him as a player. I thought that would never happen for me - been watching for over 50 years and Chris was right up there with my all time favourites but sadly am now finding recent events are blurring my love of him as a player. For me we are missing a leader on the field, as well as some steel and a playmaker in the midfield which would relieve some of the pressure on the defence and give the lads up front something to work with.

Back