• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers (nightclub/venue)

Another one that I'm sure Kosmo and his collaborator (on this project) Will Birch are aware of is Zero 6. I saw Geno Washington and Wilko Johnson play there (with respective bands) in '81. They also used to have jam sessions on Monday nights (admission 20p, I think) back in the late seventies but they may well have carried on for a few years after.

Saw Bad Manners at the Zero 6. Great band. Their audience was a bit scary though. Hard core skinheads. Still they behaved themselves and we kept a safe distance away.
Most scary gig I have been to was the Mac lads at the cliffs 31 years ago.
Wasn’t a big crowd, about 8 deep at the front and then loads at the back and a group of skin heads in the middle taking on anyone as they tried to move from front to back or vice versa. We got to the front but only because there were 4 of us and there was a fight going on already. (One guy put up a great battle against two of the skin heads And dragged his mate to safety
Loads of plastic glasses half full of beer being thrown. This continued 30 mins after the bar closed and we realised it wasn’t beer ☹️

having said all that we came out unhurt ( just-covered in ****) and it was a great gig and something we all remember. ?

Wasn’t a big crowd, about 8 deep at the front and then loads at the back and a group of skin heads in the middle taking on anyone as they tried to move from front to back or vice versa. We got to the front but only because there were 4 of us and there was a fight going on already. (One guy put up a great battle against two of the skin heads And dragged his mate to safety
Loads of plastic glasses half full of beer being thrown. This continued 30 mins after the bar closed and we realised it wasn’t beer ☹

having said all that we came out unhurt ( just-covered in ****) and it was a great gig and something we all remember. ?

I was at that gig! Crazy night!

I didn't go to the Stiff Little Fingers gig (my bad) at SEEVIC circa early '79 but I heard that got a bit boisterous.

Loads of plastic glasses half full of beer being thrown. This continued 30 mins after the bar closed and we realised it wasn’t beer ☹

Sounds like the Shrimpers bar before kick-off.

I also recall two blokes there with their girlfriends ?‍♀️ n high heels and glammed up. All of them looked totally out of place , VERY uncomfortable and they stayed at the back.
we could only guess that they thought that someone else was on that night.

Saw Bad Manners at the Zero 6. Great band. Their audience was a bit scary though. Hard core skinheads. Still they behaved themselves and we kept a safe distance away.
Hard core Skinheads in the 80s that is an insult to Skinheads back in the day , the only so called skinheads around in the 80s were the plastic kind .

Hard core Skinheads in the 80s that is an insult to Skinheads back in the day , the only so called skinheads around in the 80s were the plastic kind .

Yep, LCBB, those 80s skinheads were a joke. They wore swastika's and kept doing the nazi salute. Something the original skinheads wouldn't dream of doing.

As mentioned previously in this thread I have found a great photo pf the post Alison Moyet Vicars outside of Shrimpers courtesy of Kirk Matthews. Thanks to everyone here for pitching in - I wish you all the best for the coming season. I'm a 3rd generation Hammer myself.

As mentioned previously in this thread I have found a great photo pf the post Alison Moyet Vicars outside of Shrimpers courtesy of Kirk Matthews. Thanks to everyone here for pitching in - I wish you all the best for the coming season. I'm a 3rd generation Hammer myself.
Nobody’s perfect ?

Back