• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust AGM

The cost of Covid was relegation to the NL and all that entails. The Embargo's and lack of fund management at that time was the detriment to the club. RM has stated home games make no money so it cannot be due to a lack of fans at games.

It's a cop out IMO and just another thing for RM to blame, even old staff from years ago have been coming out and stating nothing has changed at the club and it has always been the same with RM at the helm. We have suffered embargo's tax problems etc for years. Other clubs are still going stong without all the mess behind the scenes.

It's RM's mismanagemant, greed, lack of funds to run a football club properly and not wanting to share the prize he is after with anybody else that has caused all this.
Spot on here. RM has used every excuse possible for the financial issues but this is all down to him and his total mismanagement of the club over the years.

All clubs have gone through Covid and financial recessions but you don’t see other clubs dragged through the courts every year or under constant transfer embargo’s like us.

The fans could raise a million pound for the club tomorrow but we would still be in a mess and that won’t change until Ron Martin has sold the club.

The guy is a born liar and just tells fans what they want to hear all the time and then fails to make good on his promises.

The cost of Covid was relegation to the NL and all that entails. The Embargo's and lack of fund management at that time was the detriment to the club. RM has stated home games make no money so it cannot be due to a lack of fans at games.

It's a cop out IMO and just another thing for RM to blame, even old staff from years ago have been coming out and stating nothing has changed at the club and it has always been the same with RM at the helm. We have suffered embargo's tax problems etc for years. Other clubs are still going stong without all the mess behind the scenes.

It's RM's mismanagemant, greed, lack of funds to run a football club properly and not wanting to share the prize he is after with anybody else that has caused all this.
Agree with almost all of this. Only thing I would say is I can see that the club make no money from home games but getting people through the gates to watch the games certainly helps towards bills as brings income in to the club.

just for clarity …
The trust lent SUFC £40k ( personally couldn’t give a damn what they do With the very minimal membership that I paid (I certainly don’t expect it back)

They pay the club £40k …. An honest answer from you all. Would you rather

A they didn’t pay the club the money and the notts county game was cancelled this weekends game cancelled etc as the entity can simply not trade any longer and now the huge implications of games cancelled become apparent.

B did pay the club £40k and keeps us a float for another 30 days

You have two options . Just a one letter answer will do ..

Incidentally what was the go fund me page that the SOS set up sometime ago for ? Was that to help form a new club/ buy the club or to bail them out, if the **** hits the fan ? I genuinly can’t Remember. When you paid your money to join the shrimpers trust did you really pay it so you can get Christmas raffle tickets and to get in the shrimpers club before the game or did you pay it because in some way it may one day help the club …

just for clarity …
The trust lent SUFC £40k ( personally couldn’t give a damn what they do With the very minimal membership that I paid (I certainly don’t expect it back)

They pay the club £40k …. An honest answer from you all. Would you rather

A they didn’t pay the club the money and the notts county game was cancelled this weekends game cancelled etc as the entity can simply not trade any longer and now the huge implications of games cancelled become apparent.

B did pay the club £40k and keeps us a float for another 30 days

You have two options . Just a one letter answer will do ..

Incidentally what was the go fund me page that the SOS set up sometime ago for ? Was that to help form a new club/ buy the club or to bail them out, if the **** hits the fan ? I genuinly can’t Remember. When you paid your money to join the shrimpers trust did you really pay it so you can get Christmas raffle tickets and to get in the shrimpers club before the game or did you pay it because in some way it may one day help the club …

This.

I genuinely don’t think people get how close we’ve come to not being able to play games at Roots Hall. If this money goes towards ensuring the non-playing staff continue to turn up, then that can only be seen as a good thing.

And again, I’m not advocating we should bail out Ron, I’m advocating our football club continues fighting to see another day… despite Ron.

No games at Roots Hall, means no income from match days at all. We must do a minimum of 20k in on-the-day ticket sales. I’m not sure of the contractual obligations, but sponsors (match day, ball, kit, shorts, stands etc) won’t be pleased. Could they be in the position to withhold funds, if they’ve not paid up front already? Hospitality, what little there is, would be gone too, taking away another (minimal) income stream. The catering is leased out IIRC, I can’t imagine they’d be too interested in the prospect of selling their **** confectionery & rat burgers to absolutely nobody.

Long story short, if we don’t put on games, the club folds even quicker. That’s not opinion, it’s just counting 🤷‍♂️

We need to somehow keep fighting forward (or lurching from one disaster to another) just long enough to see the back of Ron Martin. It truly is closer than ever. I just hope we can make it there before our flame burns out.

This.

I genuinely don’t think people get how close we’ve come to not being able to play games at Roots Hall. If this money goes towards ensuring the non-playing staff continue to turn up, then that can only be seen as a good thing.

And again, I’m not advocating we should bail out Ron, I’m advocating our football club continues fighting to see another day… despite Ron.

No games at Roots Hall, means no income from match days at all. We must do a minimum of 20k in on-the-day ticket sales. I’m not sure of the contractual obligations, but sponsors (match day, ball, kit, shorts, stands etc) won’t be pleased. Could they be in the position to withhold funds, if they’ve not paid up front already? Hospitality, what little there is, would be gone too, taking away another (minimal) income stream. The catering is leased out IIRC, I can’t imagine they’d be too interested in the prospect of selling their **** confectionery & rat burgers to absolutely nobody.

Long story short, if we don’t put on games, the club folds even quicker. That’s not opinion, it’s just counting 🤷‍♂️

We need to somehow keep fighting forward (or lurching from one disaster to another) just long enough to see the back of Ron Martin. It truly is closer than ever. I just hope we can make it there before our flame burns out.
We’ve been saying this for years. No end in sight. It’s absolutely draining :(

You know the Trust cannot win
Same posters whinging the money has been released to help staff are those whinging why the trust has so much money sitting in their bank account
You elect a board and stand by there decisions
Too many different groups all with egos and **** waving, it’s why we cannot have a Phoenix club run by fans too many squabbles and lack of understanding in all football and financial matters
Remember it’s voluntary these people do for Trust, have life outside with families and donot need the **** flying around, the only winner is RM who must be laughing seeing these posts, if we cannot unite helping others what chance do we have if we go out of business and need to reform, could see two clubs being formed as supporters take sides

I think this will only happen when BL is started on. The training ground should be finished in about 6 weeks but the players will not get on the grass until the spring. Oh he also he said they will be a temporary building on the new site for social etc but the gym wil be at RH.

He gave no exact time frame as to when the parent companies actually recieve monies as i don't think he knows.
Thank you

We were hours away from one match last season not going ahead because bailiffs had turned up because of an unpaid bill. We sail very close to the wind on these things and I can well believe the Shrimpers Trust money was essential to stop something similar happening.

Once you lose games to issues like this, you are facing points deductions and fines and the whole situation snowballs.

I think I paid about £15 to be a member of the Shrimpers Trust. I spent more than that on an ill advised round of two drinks in the pub in King's Cross station after York away when I really didn't need any more.

We’ve been saying this for years. No end in sight. It’s absolutely draining :(

I do think the end is in sight this time (I mean of the troubles, not the club, I hope), We've just hit the perfect financial storm at the very moment the the answer to our problems has finally appeared on the horizon. The tricky bit is surviving until the goose lays the golden egg, which sounds like a few months away from what I can gather from the various threads on the subject.

I do think the end is in sight this time (I mean of the troubles, not the club, I hope), We've just hit the perfect financial storm at the very moment the the answer to our problems has finally appeared on the horizon. The tricky bit is surviving until the goose lays the golden egg, which sounds like a few months away from what I can gather from the various threads on the subject.
Hmmm. Has the bridging finance materialised?

Think your right.

The thing we should all never forget is the reality appears to be that ron martin would rather see his employees unpaid then relinquish any of his stake in future profits.

If this is the truth then it is totally unforgiveable.

RM heres something to consider. "We all come into this world naked, and for sure its how we leave this world also " you cant take it with you mate, if you leave your family with a legacy let it be one of respect for doing the right thing, not one of shame. Do the right thing by your family and the City of Southend. Sell a pecentage of the club ,get the club on a strong financial and respected foot hold, your family will thank you for that long after your time is up,and they will still be financially solid for there lives ahead.

Back