• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Board Zoom Meeting With Stan Collymore

If we can we should. Would be the cheapest option if it drives a promotion from the NL. Even if seats have to stay then our fans can just stand. Away fans in the South with access via Roots Hall Ave should have happened years ago for policing reasons as well as our own.

The North Bank at the moment is an advantage to the away team. If you sitting in the East the away fans drown out the Blue Voice. RH has become an easy touch and that has to stop. Its the thing us fans can have out biggest influence on.

The problem you have with doing anything on the North or West Stands is the condition of the existing in-situ concrete. Without conducting pull and/or load tests, it is difficult to ascertain whether you can install anything more than a tip-up seat.

Most commercially sensible option would be to fit safe-standing rails - that way it would be compliant for when/if we go back through the leagues. However, the tread depth is so limited in the North (hazard a guess at sub-700mm depth which is 100mm below the industry recommended minimum) that I am not sure it would be permissible with the SGSA (Safety at Sports Grounds Authority) who would take a keen interest in any transformation to standing.

I would assume that any home occupation of the North Stand would be temporary, as the access/egress arrangements and ease of segregation anywhere else in the ground would be complicated at best.

We are just in the final throws of completing a retrofit installation at a major stadium in London (which will remain nameless for now) to cater for persistent standing in the away area.
I'd be happy to pop down to the Hall to conduct an initial survey if anybody at the Club had an appetite for this.

You have hit on a plan there NZamba, let's arrange a "friendly" against Millwall and Stan can run across the pitch in front of them giving them 2 fingers behind his back like he did in the FA Cup replay when they were in the South Paddock.

Job done ..... simples.
I remember that night, absolutely mental lot they are but were a it quiet when Stan scored the winner!.

Hey Paulie,

Absolutely, that was one of many brilliant nights at the Hall that season and the North Bank was rocking that night. I had a meeting in Paddock Wood and had to come back to Southend for the game in the late afternoon and had the pleasure of being in traffic with their away following once I hit the Dartford Tunnel. (pretty careless of me, seeing how big the opening is lol).

Winning it was great, and Stan's little message to them was so funny if you saw it, like I did.

Bring back the North Bank! Put the away fans in the corner bit and block x if required. I agree with another poster saying north bank drowns out the blue voice. Even few hundred makes a difference in that stand!

I would assume that any home occupation of the North Stand would be temporary, as the access/egress arrangements and ease of segregation anywhere else in the ground would be complicated at best.

We have created a number of problems by allowing away fans in the North bank. The North West corner v the likes of Col U or Luton for example. Plus punches thrown in the RH car park and passing the Spread etc.

With some better access to the South stand via Roots Hall ave it would make life a lot easier. If away fans fill the top tier first that would take care of a lot of visiting teams.

Sorry to you good people in the South Upper but you have to be sacrificed for the good of us all. Time to make RH a real home advantage and if someone has to change their name to North Bank Hank.....I've no doubt they will fully understand, after all its for the best.

Last edited:
I've heard rumours that the West Stand is not in good enough condition and that there may be problems over it fully re-opening. Surely here is the answer. Give the away fans block X, with its own tea bar, toilets and their own entrance via Shakespeare Drive and we can have the North Bank back?

I've heard rumours that the West Stand is not in good enough condition and that there may be problems over it fully re-opening. Surely here is the answer. Give the away fans block X, with its own tea bar, toilets and their own entrance via Shakespeare Drive and we can have the North Bank back?
Common sense at last! Giving Dagenham and Aldershot fans the best view of the pitch from the South Upper is a shocking suggestion @rigsby .. ?

If Stan gets appointed what about getting the Shrimpers Trust Retro Shirts range extended to include the Elonex one? I know a few of us still have the original but many don't and it would be a great way to welcome him back if there were a decent number of us all wearing them at the first game of the season.

Maybe could also add the Wembley 2015 shirt to the Retro range so Phil gets a warm fuzzy feeling too

Just then need a shirt idea for Ron and the new CEO - any ideas?

SUEPA models sorted - all four of them could have a (soon to be legal) cuddle on the pitch wearing them.

But maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself at the moment ............. :Smile2:

Watch. This. Space.

:Winking:

Yep I second that idea. Not sure how much the corner and block X actually holds,
also the South lower would also be good. Take the seats out and make it standing for the away support, that was what it use to be before the newer south stand was built.
The north bank is an asset to the home support, lets use everything in our arsenal to our advantage to get us promoted out of the NL, and that includes the north bank,
The home of SUFC vocal support.

Yep I second that idea. Not sure how much the corner and block X actually holds,
also the South lower would also be good. Take the seats out and make it standing for the away support, that was what it use to be before the newer south stand was built.
The north bank is an asset to the home support, lets use everything in our arsenal to our advantage to get us promoted out of the NL, and that includes the north bank,
The home of SUFC vocal support.
Would imagine both the corner bit and block x is about 1200 something like that...... Best place for the away fans as those areas never get used. not sure if you could put away fans in the south lower due to it linking up the east/west stands but I could be proven wrong.

I agree the North Bank needs to be sufc home for next season!

Would imagine both the corner bit and block x is about 1200 something like that...... Best place for the away fans as those areas never get used. not sure if you could put away fans in the south lower due to it linking up the east/west stands but I could be proven wrong.

I agree the North Bank needs to be sufc home for next season!

North bank needs to be standing for me to go in it.

What’s the rules with standing now that we are conference,the trouble with the north bank not enough facilities bar etc

Would it be 'dangerous' for Ron to appoint Stan. Appointing someone far more popular than himself doesn't seem like his style - will Ron want the limelight/plaudits for any success, Stan may get in the way of that.

Whilst Ron would love to be popular at the moment he'd settle for just not being unpopular. Appointing Stan as his spokesman/go-between removes him from the firing line.

Ahhh somebody who appreciates Brass Eye!!!

Er, that wasn't Brass Eye

Back