• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Board Zoom Meeting With Stan Collymore

I must confess to having been a little sceptical, but having been part of that Zoom, he's convinced me. God he likes to talk though! We all had to dash for the loo before carrying on our normal business after he'd gone! :Hilarious:

Yep, nobody's perfect, and I think others were put off asking more questions at the end in case he gave a 5 minute answer. Bless him.

Very impressive from Stan and gives us some hope if / when Ron delivers what he needs to do.
My only concern is , PB's reaction to Stan's involvement ( should PB be appointed as Manager and should Stan come on board in some capacity ).
I do see some conflict of interests / egos alone the way - "I'm in charge of that aspect of the club" - "no , that's my domain".
Not trying to be pesamistic , just realistic.
A Manager like PB will only take so much involvement.

Stan also mentioned guy from Stevenage at the end didnt he or did I (probably did) mis hear him. Was around the 58 minute mark of the video

Very impressive from Stan and gives us some hope if / when Ron delivers what he needs to do.
My only concern is , PB's reaction to Stan's involvement ( should PB be appointed as Manager and should Stan come on board in some capacity ).
I do see some conflict of interests / egos alone the way - "I'm in charge of that aspect of the club" - "no , that's my domain".
Not trying to be pesamistic , just realistic.
A Manager like PB will only take so much involvement.
I thought that one of the reasons that Phil gave when things had started to become difficult in his first tenure was when Steve Kavanaugh left. Both Stan and Phil have been involved in bigger clubs with larger structures where responsibilities are divined by the role they play and decisions made around the table in the boardroom. I would think that would be welcomed by all involved.

Stan also mentioned guy from Stevenage at the end didnt he or did I (probably did) mis hear him. Was around the 58 minute mark of the video

He was using Stevenage as a grab out of the air example. We are not looking at Stevenage's CEO. I said who it was last week, as somebody else had already let the cat out of the bag.

He was using Stevenage as a grab out of the air example. We are not looking at Stevenage's CEO. I said who it was last week, as somebody else had already let the cat out of the bag.
That could well be and is what I assumed, but it was an interesting thing to say in someways as people from outside who have not read this board could make assumptions and maybe the CEO of Stevenage could then be in an awkward spot.

I really dont care who it is as long as the club gets it right and we move forward

That could well be and is what I assumed, but it was an interesting thing to say in someways as people from outside who have not read this board could make assumptions and maybe the CEO of Stevenage could then be in an awkward spot.

I really dont care who it is as long as the club gets it right and we move forward

He actually mentioned him as a Director of football, but as an example. When he said...''From you know...Stevenage'' He's putting his arm in the air showing he's plucked Stevenage out of the air, and he could have said any club as an example. For clarity, here's what he said.

If he discharges some of it and I read in the paper in December that he's got a CEO, and he's decided to have a Director of football, and it's this guy (Throws arm in the air indicating that he's just plucked a club out of thin air) that's come from you know.......Stevenage.......fantastic.

I thought that one of the reasons that Phil gave when things had started to become difficult in his first tenure was when Steve Kavanaugh left. Both Stan and Phil have been involved in bigger clubs with larger structures where responsibilities are divined by the role they play and decisions made around the table in the boardroom. I would think that would be welcomed by all involved.

You could be right.
But we could have a CEO , PB and Stan and I just think that going forward they would all need to be happy with clearly defined roles.
My concern is where the lines get blurred.
Anyway , as I said in my post , I sincerely hope it's not an issue.

He actually mentioned him as a Director of football, but as an example. When he said...''From you know...Stevenage'' He's putting his arm in the air showing he's plucked Stevenage out of the air, and he could have said any club as an example. For clarity, here's what he said.

If he discharges some of it and I read in the paper in December that he's got a CEO, and he's decided to have a Director of football, and it's this guy (Throws arm in the air indicating that he's just plucked a club out of thin air) that's come from you know.......Stevenage.......fantastic.
Yeah i heard all of that and saw it which is why i made the comment. I was just putting it out there. N one knows who it is and if they do on here please share. Ron said the guy Stan mentioned was not emplyed in the zoom call last week i thought the guy at Gillingham was srtill there.

But as I said I do not know, i was just saying I may have misheard him and overall i dont care who it is as long as it is better for the club

Thanks Stan for all your work behind the scenes,This is the 3rd zoom meeting of yours I've seen recently.But as a Life member of the ST I'd just like to say that the main thing I'd life to hear from SUFC this week is that a new CEO has been appointed and PB has been confirmed as our manager for next season.

I don't wish to pee on anyone's parade, but I think it would be wise to reduce the levels of salivation. The most important word in ' management dream team' is the word dream. So far that's all it is.

When Stan was talking about possible managers I think the name Anton came up. Is Anton Ferdinand in the running?

Back