• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Board Zoom Meeting With Stan Collymore

When Stan was talking about possible managers I think the name Anton came up. Is Anton Ferdinand in the running?
I do not think he was saying about managers then but referring to how he maybe able to assis other members of the staff at the club and Anton is the head of recruitment i think.

Really enjoyed that. Loved Stan as a player, was impressed with his unique style of journalism (Marseille and Russia spring to mind) and thoroughly enjoyed his punditry, as a match summariser he was top drawer. This man can only improve our football club. I was quite in awe of the fact that he has recently sat through all of our games this season - I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think it can only be to our benefit that he knows every 'rat and bad apple' in the game. I was not surprised to hear him confirm that our name is mud in football circles. Whether it be the treatment of loanees, agents or officials at other clubs. He added that the club's communication to fans is poor and needs improving. That we have previously overspent on hires and that our chairman is 'spinning lots of different plates and is aware how thinly he is spread'. Ouch.
He was asked if he believed that Ron had the cash to take the club forward. He replied that he asked for no flannel, looked him firmly in the eye and had to take him at face value when he said yes, adding 'If he burns me that's his bad'. Surprised nobody asked if he thought FF was feasible/a go-er and my ears pricked up up when the possibility of taking on two CEO's was mooted (?!?).

I think Stan has given some of us more to be excited about over the past few weeks, with just the vision he has for our club, than the displays we have witnessed on the pitch for the past three seasons. Stephen Humphrys goal against Sunderland aside.

I sincerely hope Ron decides to engage further with Stan and appoint him in an official capacity to at least give the vision a chance. People do not put in the background research or talk as much as Stan does if they are not enthusiastic about a venture and that enthusiasm can rub off on others such that the whole organisation benefits and moves in the right direction. All the decisions remain with Ron though so we will have to wait to see what happens.

He's a Blues supporter if I recall correctly.

Which would make sense given what Stan said about having the edge in terms of having the heart to do it and being a short, medium and long term appointment. Sounds like it would be a really decent move if it’s him.

Which would make sense given what Stan said about having the edge in terms of having the heart to do it and being a short, medium and long term appointment. Sounds like it would be a really decent move if it’s him.

Oh it's him alright, he fits Stan's clues to a T. Would love to know who Ron's candidate is.

Reactions: GBJ
Back