• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Board Zoom Meeting With Stan Collymore

If it isn't Tom Lawrence I would guess at Alex Tunbridge at Stevenage. He about 33 and has had a few CEO jobs.

Well I've just watched the entire Zoom meeting and I have to say that I am immensely impressed with Stan, both with what he has to say and the way he says it, as well as the colossal amount of work that he has clearly already put in to making our club work again.
On a purely personal level I look forward to Stan's visit to mid France when I am one of the first 50 season ticket holders to renew!!

Hugely impressed by Stan and have everything crossed that his influence will change RM.

I am worried that he won't change however when I read the following comments attributed to RM in today's Echo.

“The football club is in good hands."

“Just stand back, let me get on with my job and we will create success for Southend again."

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that RM will listen and reduce the scope of his 'job'.

Stan - thank you so much for bringing a ray of light to the currently sad world of being a Southend Supporter.

Hugely impressed by Stan and have everything crossed that his influence will change RM.

I am worried that he won't change however when I read the following comments attributed to RM in today's Echo.

“The football club is in good hands."

“Just stand back, let me get on with my job and we will create success for Southend again."

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that RM will listen and reduce the scope of his 'job'.

Stan - thank you so much for bringing a ray of light to the currently sad world of being a Southend Supporter.
I guess it is his job to employ the CEO, Phil and Stan though. Let’s just hope that he has listened to those offering support

God dont let Moxey near our club. Please read what the Wolves fans thought of him. ?

Birmingham CEO has just left with immediate effect. A Chinese guy I know nothing about. Called xuandong jen

Would it be 'dangerous' for Ron to appoint Stan. Appointing someone far more popular than himself doesn't seem like his style - will Ron want the limelight/plaudits for any success, Stan may get in the way of that.

Would it be 'dangerous' for Ron to appoint Stan. Appointing someone far more popular than himself doesn't seem like his style - will Ron want the limelight/plaudits for any success, Stan may get in the way of that.
Surely it would quite difficult for Ron to appoint someone LESS popular than he is!

Surely it would quite difficult for Ron to appoint someone LESS popular than he is!
Appoint no one to the Stan role. The CEO is likely to be someone with no prior affiliation with the fans, so Ron remains the Messiah if all goes well

In my eyes there are two ways to roll. Either you are a dictatorship or you surround yourself with experts that can do the things that you’re no good at. It’s his decision but I do believe that the penny might have finally dropped

A really promising prospect here, particularly liked the idea of giving the North Bank back to the home fans.

Unfortunately, the North Bank is nowhere near the same as Stan remembers it. Now it's seating only, the seats are too close to each other bottom to top. I sat in there a couple of games. I'm 6ft, and had to put my legs squashed to the side. Never again. Gives you a backache by the end. Probably why a lot of the away fans stand up. It was brilliant when all standing, but now a horrible place to watch a game.

Good news and we should all feel,lucky and privileged that he would like to help us.

Glad I kept his signed shirt (yellow) that was given to me now

Back