• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Statement - 3rd October 2021

I do think the whole stadium thing has been a big part of our demise one way or another. We’re constantly told it’s the key to unlocking our potential, but in the meantime it’s been assumed we’ll carry on knocking around leagues 1 & 2 until the goose finally lays the golden egg. Except we haven’t. RM took his eye off the ball and suddenly we’re NL strugglers. I do think the council also have a lot to answer for, it’s like they’re scared to make a decision. Every time we get close, they find another reason to delay. It’s time the town and it’s council decided whether they want a professional club or not. We need a decision on the stadium development one way or another, so we know where we stand and can plan the future with some certainty. If it goes ahead RM gets his chance to prove his words were true. If it gets turned down, RM should do the decent thing and sell up to the best offer, let someone else have a go.
I think they will be all over it now there are housing quotas to meet.

But yeah they have messed it all around for 30 years now. You only have to look at the amex in brighton to see what is possible and a positive addition to a thriving town.

Heard it all before! And makes no difference! Ron owns the club and there is not a damn thing we can do about it! The only hope we have is a rich person going to Ron and offering him the money he stands to make for fossetts and what ever the football side of things is worth! Somehow or someway we all need to be touting the club to potential buyers! Brighton,bournmouth,Brentford, to name a few got lucky so maybe we will.Ron will sell if the price and deal is right!

Why has this statement only just come out? This should have been the stance this time last season (at the very latest)

A vote of no confidence? As mentioned already, very few have had confidence in him for many seasons. I'm sure enough of us since he stopped paying players in 2010. Why has it taken 11 years to then get to a point where the trust wants to do something about it?

It all now feels too little too late, oblivion is here.

Honestly get to the game Tuesday and let the mug know it really has to kick off right no no more of this everyone United we have fantastic support don’t le ****ing Ronald McDonald ruin that aswell we stand as one!!!!

I will do whatever I have to do and support who ever I have to, to ensure I will still have a club (a viable one at that) to support but let’s not just stop at one person here .
Surely the board have some responsibility and need to act on these feelings that are now running so strong.

I think for 1 a vote of no confidence in RM by the fans as The Trust have said is a very good starting point. Make no mistake fans do have powers as other clubs have shown before. Admittedly it's not going to be easy but we cannot just sit here and watch our demise any longer. I am also confident they many others will come forward with suggestions.

Everything has to have a beginning This hopefully is it
This proves my point. Let's have a vote, with an outcome obvious, and tell RM exactly the same as fans have yelled at him for years. I can see him quaking now. RMs plans add up to a bounty of millions and he has risked everything in pursuit of them. He is not going to care about a vote of no confidence. He is not going to care about a protest. He won't give two hoots about a boycott. We merely have to trust that he will do right by the club and by ****ing him off more even that could be in jeopardy. One day he may wake up and think the ungrateful masses deserve none of his consideration and leave us deeper in the **** than you can imagine.

By all means explore any avenue that brings leverage but I suspect you will find it's a cul-de-sac. Please feel free to notify me if you come up with a workable plan. I will not hold my breath.

This proves my point. Let's have a vote, with an outcome obvious, and tell RM exactly the same as fans have yelled at him for years. I can see him quaking now. RMs plans add up to a bounty of millions and he has risked everything in pursuit of them. He is not going to care about a vote of no confidence. He is not going to care about a protest. He won't give two hoots about a boycott. We merely have to trust that he will do right by the club and by ****ing him off more even that could be in jeopardy. One day he may wake up and think the ungrateful masses deserve none of his consideration and leave us deeper in the **** than you can imagine.

By all means explore any avenue that brings leverage but I suspect you will find it's a cul-de-sac. Please feel free to notify me if you come up with a workable plan. I will not hold my breath.
If you don't think a no confidence vote is worth doing, that's fine it's your opinion. Me? I've voted ' NO' in the confidence vote and I believe it will have an impression on Ron Martin.

The Oystons had a tight grip on Blackpool, but they were still ousted. It starts with applying fan pressure.

No confidence from me. Ron took the club to far down for me to actually feel bit of sympathy..... do I think he dropped us this low on purpose? No i don't, but his decision making is shocking. The list is endless! Time for a change, this club to broken now to be repaired under Ron ownership.

I first started going regularly in the late 90’s after Ron Martin took over. I have no idea what any other owner/chairman has done at the club but I can tell you one thing I have zero confidence in him. This cannot continue and something needs to be done.

Hats off to the Shrimpers Trust for moving quickly on this post yesterday’s debacle.

I first started going regularly in the late 90’s after Ron Martin took over. I have no idea what any other owner/chairman has done at the club but I can tell you one thing I have zero confidence in him. This cannot continue and something needs to be done.

Hats off to the Shrimpers Trust for moving quickly on this post yesterday’s debacle.
You would not believe that if there was a poll on the worst Chairman I wouldn't have him as favourite but excellent eachway bet!

If you don't think a no confidence vote is worth doing, that's fine it's your opinion. Me? I've voted ' NO' in the confidence vote and I believe it will have an impression on Ron Martin.
I will vote No confidence but also hope the vote as such attracts a significant degree of NATIONAL press, No doubt Chris Phillips will print it and it could go wider, given the thousands who have seen Rons latest bizarre behaviour.

Efforts to promote a National media interest may be needed and discussed. If nothing else if it prompts Ronnie Ronaldo to dispense with the hapless Phil Brown, that in itself would help, although I accept another potential tactic for Ron to dispel blame. If we have anyone savvy or with contacts with National media outlets, could be useful to keep up the pressure for some of the actions we expect urgent action and answers on , we deserve nothing less

Sadly Fagans actions if true also need National exposure, especially if no response from Ron

Whilst we know that this a pretty much a one man operation, are the rest of the board exempt from criticisms?

Whilst they may be pretty impotent, I am disappointed that not one of them has made any form of public statement ??

I hope this doesn’t come across as combative, as I don’t mean it to, but has it occurred to anyone that possibly (members of) the board have come very close to actually buying Ron out in the recent past, but for a few reasons the deal has stalled. Not necessarily dead in the water, just on hold for now?

Maybe something significant happening - such as a big rubber stamping, or a bright green light, might put the wheels in motion once more?

I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

As for making public statements, I’ve always been taught that real ones move in silence. The ones who shout the loudest are normally doing so for their image.

No confidence !!

He's really shot himself in the foot this time by going to our fans during a match, the Trust are not impressed with this in their summation and i for one am sick of Martin embarrassing our club further.
This is the lowest of the low, we have arrived. We arrived by Martin sending us down last year from League 2, yes he did that. We were forced to play youth team players for christ sake in L1 and 2. We are SUFC, a non league club. That in itself feels so surreal. I'd rather see a phoenix team with its own finances than support Martin and so would my kids, who are taking themselves to Roots Hall on Tues night to join the Blue Voice.

Can we get the league involved? How mismanaged does a club need to be before they can step in?

Can the Echo start a campaign to get him out? This is absolutely worth getting banned for!! As it stands we will inevitably go bust and there will be no club to report on. Grow some balls Evening Echo Editor man.

Can any interested buyers/consortiums make themselves known so we can get behind them?

The Oystons were ousted by the FA because they owed 22million to a Latvian banker. The fans had no confidence in them, protested, boycotted but the Oystons paid no heed. They were architects of their own downfall.
They also participated in asset stripping, which was another part of the trouble they got into. I don't know but it would appear to me that SUFC is massively lacking in assets?

Glad the trust have come out and said something however I think the trust for too long have given Ron an easy ride and even through all the tough times have been more bothered about onions, programmes and other little things that only bother a small minority rather than holding the club to account over the poor running of things.

Let me just give you guys a bit of advice before your next zoom this week. Don’t go there unprepared for the answers Ron will no doubt give. If you are going to ask him to step aside please give reasonable solutions or ask him what it would take. Make it uneasy for him and don’t let him navigate away from the question. Ask him a question and make him answer it there and then and if he does start to stray step in and get him back to the point. DO NOT GIVE HIM AN EASY RIDE. I’ve watched all the zooms and the guys on it really need to be more assertive and in control of the questions they have asked.

I hope this doesn’t come across as combative, as I don’t mean it to, but has it occurred to anyone that possibly (members of) the board have come very close to actually buying Ron out in the recent past, but for a few reasons the deal has stalled. Not necessarily dead in the water, just on hold for now?

Maybe something significant happening - such as a big rubber stamping, or a bright green light, might put the wheels in motion once more?

I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

As for making public statements, I’ve always been taught that real ones move in silence. The ones who shout the loudest are normally doing so for their image.
very valid points and let’s hope there is some truth in these

Back