• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Statement - 3rd October 2021

I will vote No confidence but also hope the vote as such attracts a significant degree of NATIONAL press, No doubt Chris Phillips will print it and it could go wider, given the thousands who have seen Rons latest bizarre behaviour.

Efforts to promote a National media interest may be needed and discussed. If nothing else if it prompts Ronnie Ronaldo to dispense with the hapless Phil Brown, that in itself would help, although I accept another potential tactic for Ron to dispel blame. If we have anyone savvy or with contacts with National media outlets, could be useful to keep up the pressure for some of the actions we expect urgent action and answers on , we deserve nothing less

Sadly Fagans actions if true also need National exposure, especially if no response from Ron
One thing that is really puzzling has been the Chairman's apparent tolerance of unprofessional behaviour from his management team.

This started when PB spoke of "tearing up" players contracts shortly after he arrived, got worse with PB's bizarre justification for freezing out Simeon Akinola on the basis the player "was not his cup of tea", continued with PB repeatedly blaming certain players (which he selected and instructed) for the club's shocking start to the National League, and was most recently illustrated by unconfirmed reports that a member of the management team made ill-judged comments to irrate supporters at the end of the Solihull game.

No one is perfect, but such reported behaviour does little to boost morale and togetherness of the team and its supporters at a time when those qualities have never been more needed to get the club through what looks like a very tough season.

In addition to all the proposed actions above we need to get the media interested in how the club got in this state. If someone like David Conn of 'The Guardian' who has vast experience of this with other clubs, could be persuaded to do some delving into the tangled web of the club's finances it would be a start. It might lead to an FA investigation to fully uncover the extent of what has been happening over a long period.

The thing that annoyed me about RM the most was when he walked away from the crowd, shrugged and was almost like LOLZ I DON'T care. He is the biggest ****.
As I said in the other thread, I dont think it was that at all. You couldnt hear in the clip what was being said, but someone might have shouted something horrible at him like "I HOPE YOU ****ING DIE!" or something and what can you do to that?

I absolutely dont think he'd face the fans up then walk away smirking. As far as I understand, he needs the club and the more successful it is for the new stadium, the more money he'll get. Unless someone can explain otherwise, i'm sure the last thing he wants is us rocking up in the Conference South next season, whilst tickling the chins of the council saying how great the club is.

As far as I understand, he needs the club and the more successful it is for the new stadium, the more money he'll get. Unless someone can explain otherwise, i'm sure the last thing he wants is us rocking up in the Conference South next season, whilst tickling the chins of the council saying how great the club is.

The council don't care about the 'stadium' it's only the houses now. This is not a stadium development, it's a housing development with a football ground, a bit like a S106. The lower we are as a club the smaller the stadium needs to be. I mean, if we're Conference South why build a stadium that holds more than 7000? I'm not saying Ron wants this to happen. In fact I 100% think he doesn't and that he would much prefer to deliver a 25000 capacity stadium for the town and for the club to be in the championship. But, us being crap doesn't really scupper Ron's development plans, they kind of make things easier. The ground will cost less, less infrastructure etc. and will be quicker to build, hence a quicker start on the Roots Hall development.

Last edited:
As I said in the other thread, I dont think it was that at all. You couldnt hear in the clip what was being said, but someone might have shouted something horrible at him like "I HOPE YOU ****ING DIE!" or something and what can you do to that?

I absolutely dont think he'd face the fans up then walk away smirking. As far as I understand, he needs the club and the more successful it is for the new stadium, the more money he'll get. Unless someone can explain otherwise, i'm sure the last thing he wants is us rocking up in the Conference South next season, whilst tickling the chins of the council saying how great the club is.
I was in the seats, rather than behind the goal. When i realised it was Ron and our own fans causing all the hullabaloo. I ended up laughing at the whole bizarre moment.....What else can you do when your 2-0 down in a stadium you couldn't point to on a map and your cab company has cancelled the booking because of a petrol shortage.....The day was about to get a lot longer.

That aside I agree with you the smirk and the CF incident has just been twisted to suit by people who weren't there. I did speak to one well known fan who said in amongst it all Ron agreed to meet him, before being dragged off. Today I think?

You mean the stadium that is never ever going to happen.

I was in the seats, rather than behind the goal. When i realised it was Ron and our own fans causing all the hullabaloo. I ended up laughing at the whole bizarre moment.....What else can you do when your 2-0 down in a stadium you couldn't point to on a map and your cab company has cancelled the booking because of a petrol shortage.....The day was about to get a lot longer.

That aside I agree with you the smirk and the CF incident has just been twisted to suit by people who weren't there. I did speak to one well known fan who said in amongst it all Ron agreed to meet him, before being dragged off. Today I think?
Looked like a resigned, wry smile to me rather than a smirk, as if to say 'well I tried but what can you do'. Which of course suggests he actually thought it was a good idea in the first place.

Our league and financial position says all that has to be said about the 'Management/Ownership' of this once great club.

If anyone can defend either of these two 'positions' then I would suggest that they have the best rose tinted glasses ever invented.

I do think the whole stadium thing has been a big part of our demise one way or another. We’re constantly told it’s the key to unlocking our potential, but in the meantime it’s been assumed we’ll carry on knocking around leagues 1 & 2 until the goose finally lays the golden egg. Except we haven’t. RM took his eye off the ball and suddenly we’re NL strugglers. I do think the council also have a lot to answer for, it’s like they’re scared to make a decision. Every time we get close, they find another reason to delay. It’s time the town and it’s council decided whether they want a professional club or not. We need a decision on the stadium development one way or another, so we know where we stand and can plan the future with some certainty. If it goes ahead RM gets his chance to prove his words were true. If it gets turned down, RM should do the decent thing and sell up to the best offer, let someone else have a go.
Without the new stadium, I don't think the club has a chance of moving forward. Where is the money coming from to develop Roots Hall? The council hasn't wanted the stadium to go through for so many years because it would be in competition with the high street, when it was announced that housing would replace retail it suddenly got moving, why would that be?

Without the new stadium, I don't think the club has a chance of moving forward. Where is the money coming from to develop Roots Hall? The council hasn't wanted the stadium to go through for so many years because it would be in competition with the high street, when it was announced that housing would replace retail it suddenly got moving, why would that be?
It seemed to work ok putting flats behind the South Stand and making a more compact stand to sit in ? I'm sure a similar project could be done on the other stands and the surrounding areas, but it seems Ron wants the bigger prize.

Things I want.
A new manager. Phil produced one good album in his youth but he's lost his mojo. A young forward thinking manager please. MM type but obviously that ship has sailed. Darren Currie seems to fit the bill.
The Council to agree FF and Roots Hall developments. The provisos being. No building at RH until new ground built (already agreed) and that FF cannot be completed and RH started until the new ground has 4 sides. Still needs to be the same size......come on where's your ambition. Look at Brighton.
Ron sells.

Things I want.
A new manager. Phil produced one good album in his youth but he's lost his mojo. A young forward thinking manager please. MM type but obviously that ship has sailed. Darren Currie seems to fit the bill.
The Council to agree FF and Roots Hall developments. The provisos being. No building at RH until new ground built (already agreed) and that FF cannot be completed and RH started until the new ground has 4 sides. Still needs to be the same size......come on where's your ambition. Look at Brighton.
Ron sells.

Brighton have a successful businessman at the helm with far deeper pockets than Ron.

It seemed to work ok putting flats behind the South Stand and making a more compact stand to sit in ? I'm sure a similar project could be done on the other stands and the surrounding areas, but it seems Ron wants the bigger prize.
East stand and North Bank could be knocked down and redeveloped, admittedly roots hall would look bit odd. If you wanted to go the distance you could demolish roots hall, switch it 90 degrees and build a new stadium..... admittedly that would cost lot.

Back