• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Shrimpers Trust Statement

Can't agree - I donated online, and my wish and intention was that the money should be for the Trust, not ultimately a charity, however worthy.
Most was raised by hard-working Trust volunteers with buckets, it was made clear that it was for the Trust, not the club, and it should be ringfenced and kept as the Trust have said. I would like to see it added to as much as possible, too.

When the trust walked into the club where we normally drink shaking there buckets looking for donation they spoke two untruths 1. that we where in adminstration 2. we have a crook for a chairman

trust volunteers speaking untruths that certainly got there buckets filled not

When the trust walked into the club where we normally drink shaking there buckets looking for donation they spoke two untruths 1. that we where in adminstration 2. we have a crook for a chairman

trust volunteers speaking untruths that certainly got there buckets filled not

1. So your openly accusing Trust donation collectors of fraudulently collecting on behalf of the Trust! Yes?

2. And what club did they walk into?

I can categorically say here and now that no collector, collecting officially on behalf of the Trust, said any such thing. I'd like you to write to the Trust Chairman outlining your accusations, where it took place, how many of them there were etc etc.

1. So your openly accusing Trust donation collectors of fraudulently collecting on behalf of the Trust! Yes?

I can categorically say here and now that no collector, collecting officially on behalf of the Trust, said any such thing. I'd like you to write to the Trust Chairman outlining your accusations, where it took place, how many of them there were etc etc.

Phil, not sure where it was said they were collecting fraudulently.

Phil, not sure where it was said they were collecting fraudulently.

Ken, knowingly collecting money for a cause using a lie as a means to obtain that money, whether knowingly or unknowingly, is fraud. Obtaining money under false pretences I think...........At least that's the way I understand the law to be but perhaps MtS can clarify.

Either way he has accused the Trust of obtaining money under false pretences and that is a serious allegation to make.

Phil

Last edited:
I don't know why the Trust bothers. Why don't they just disband and give all the money that they've put away for a rainy day to the Sally Army and be done with it. All the money that I donated to the Fighting Fund over the years can go there with my blessing. I won't be sobbing over a couple of quid thrown in a bucket like some on this forum.

Mind you, they'll have to change their constitution beforehand as all the money that has been donated either in cash or shares has to go to the club. I'm sure that the club will find a toilet to p!iss it down.

When RM Enterprises threatens to go down the tubes next time, the Trust won't be able to be blamed, will they.

How can you can state on behalf of the trust that this was not said you where not there, they where trust members with there buckets

i can see no point in writing to your trust chairman what happened has past
i

i was just putting my point of view across

I don't know why the Trust bothers. Why don't they just disband and give all the money that they've put away for a rainy day to the Sally Army and be done with it. All the money that I donated to the Fighting Fund over the years can go there with my blessing. I won't be sobbing over a couple of quid thrown in a bucket like some on this forum.

Mind you, they'll have to change their constitution beforehand as all the money that has been donated either in cash or shares has to go to the club. I'm sure that the club will find a toilet to p!iss it down.

When RM Enterprises threatens to go down the tubes next time, the Trust won't be able to be blamed, will they.

Im not sobbing over a couple of quid thrown in a bucket as you clearly state

and for your information i did not put anything in the collectors bucket and not many did as we all have our own reasons why

I really don't understand you. Sorry, but just because some people disagreed with the trust, you come out with lines like, 'I don't know why the Trust bothers.' Do you think everyone must agree with the trust no matter what? If you use that point of view then I'd hate to be your wife!!

I agree with the Trust in that they have the best interests of the club at heart. All supporters, whether they be members of the trust or not should agree to that. That said, like anything, 100% support is extemely rare. How often, when voting in Parliament, do MP's vote against their own parties plans? All the time. That's life.

I know I'm coming back into this conversation after about a week of not posting, but the point is some people, including me, felt that whilst the trust's always had good intentions, what they did was not appropriate. I had faith in RM, and the use of the phrase Save our Southend was in my eyes inappropriate because at that time, Southend United did not actually need saving. Had HMRC/the Courts put us into Administration etc, then the need would have arisen for Southend to be saved. The trusts intent was to act quickly.

Clearly, SUFC financially is not exactly Tesco's in terms of profit etc. And because of that, a Trust with healthy finances can only be a good thing. However, my main point always was that the collections for the fighting fund were ill timed. Hindsight, in my view, proves me right because the money was not needed.

Some people will argue any money in a fighting fund could be better used by actually giving it to the club. I'm not suggesting you give RM a cheque for X amount and just ask him to spend it wisely. If I did, we'd go round in circles again as I think the Trust do not trust RM anymore.

What I am simply putting out there, is that the Trust does what I believe it has done in the past with the Quid a goal scheme, and donate a physical thing to the club, to improve the club. Obviously the Quid a goal thing I think paid for physio equipment, and I'd presume and agree that the Trust should still be the actual owners of the kit. What I'm saying is perhaps, depending on the amount of money available, the Trust pays part of a transfer fee for a player, or pays for the pitch to be maintained etc. Theoretically, this could improve the team, and then the club would be better off financially.

I'm not saying this should be done, I'm simply coming up with an idea.

I really don't understand you. Sorry, but just because some people disagreed with the trust, you come out with lines like, 'I don't know why the Trust bothers.' Do you think everyone must agree with the trust no matter what? If you use that point of view then I'd hate to be your wife!!

I agree with the Trust in that they have the best interests of the club at heart. All supporters, whether they be members of the trust or not should agree to that. That said, like anything, 100% support is extemely rare. How often, when voting in Parliament, do MP's vote against their own parties plans? All the time. That's life.

I know I'm coming back into this conversation after about a week of not posting, but the point is some people, including me, felt that whilst the trust's always had good intentions, what they did was not appropriate. I had faith in RM, and the use of the phrase Save our Southend was in my eyes inappropriate because at that time, Southend United did not actually need saving. Had HMRC/the Courts put us into Administration etc, then the need would have arisen for Southend to be saved. The trusts intent was to act quickly.

Clearly, SUFC financially is not exactly Tesco's in terms of profit etc. And because of that, a Trust with healthy finances can only be a good thing. However, my main point always was that the collections for the fighting fund were ill timed. Hindsight, in my view, proves me right because the money was not needed.

Some people will argue any money in a fighting fund could be better used by actually giving it to the club. I'm not suggesting you give RM a cheque for X amount and just ask him to spend it wisely. If I did, we'd go round in circles again as I think the Trust do not trust RM anymore.

What I am simply putting out there, is that the Trust does what I believe it has done in the past with the Quid a goal scheme, and donate a physical thing to the club, to improve the club. Obviously the Quid a goal thing I think paid for physio equipment, and I'd presume and agree that the Trust should still be the actual owners of the kit. What I'm saying is perhaps, depending on the amount of money available, the Trust pays part of a transfer fee for a player, or pays for the pitch to be maintained etc. Theoretically, this could improve the team, and then the club would be better off financially.

I'm not saying this should be done, I'm simply coming up with an idea.

It's a good idea, Steve. The problem is, what if the player turns out to be cack? Plus, what with the Trust sponsoring the youths, paying for the physio equipment, etc etc, is there anything the club actually pays for?

I think one idea would be for a fans' fund to pay for the win bonuses. That way it's win-win. :O)

Im not sobbing over a couple of quid thrown in a bucket as you clearly state

and for your information i did not put anything in the collectors bucket and not many did as we all have our own reasons why

Lets have this right Jolly some of your lot rightly or wrongly have some bad blood with the trust that goes back to the days of when the trust in its current form was created.

Back