• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Shrimpers Trust Statement

Whoa ! Steady on there Chadded. The Trust is merely doing collectively what we would all want to do as individuals - look after the best interests of the club.

Of course we all hope that the Trust will not need to become heavily involved after Wednesday but up until the point where RM / Sainsbury's or some other rich guru save the day we are not there yet and the Trust would be failing us if they were not 'on the case'.

Like you, I want to have faith in RM and will hope to the last moment that he sorts out these issues but I will always bear in mind that 'getting alongside' RM is not necessarily one and the same thing as 'getting alongside' SUFC.

No one is doubting the intentions of the Trust. But RM didn't opt to go down the route of Administration - he's always said that it wouldn't happen so let's all just see what happens this week. If we go into Administration then he's got some serious questions to answer. But it hasn't happened yet.

Sorry, until Wednesday I think that IS one and the same thing.

Completely and utterly disagree with that 100%

Ron Martin never has and never will be Southend United. He is merely a temporary custodian of the company that is Southend United. The spirit shown and which will continue to be shown by the fans in fighting for the club is Southend United and is the reason that even if the company goes tits up and takes Mr Martin with it there will always be a Southend United.

I'm not on an anti-Ron crusade here, the future pages of our history will judge him one way or another in the fullness of time, but have no intention of standing alongside anyone in this fight other than my fellow supporters.

Completely and utterly disagree with that 100%

Ron Martin never has and never will be Southend United. He is merely a temporary custodian of the company that is Southend United. The spirit shown and which will continue to be shown by the fans in fighting for the club is Southend United and is the reason that even if the company goes tits up and takes Mr Martin with it there will always be a Southend United.

I'm not on an anti-Ron crusade here, the future pages of our history will judge him one way or another in the fullness of time, but have no intention of standing alongside anyone in this fight other than my fellow supporters.

How do you get to there from here? I never said that RM is SUFC. I said that until Wednesday the interests of the supporters and RM are identical, ie RM is teetering on a tightrope carrying the future of our club, and it is in everyone's interests that he makes it safely over. After Wednesday do what you like but until then we have to stand together.

How do you get to there from here? I never said that RM is SUFC. I said that until Wednesday the interests of the supporters and RM are identical, ie RM is teetering on a tightrope carrying the future of our club, and it is in everyone's interests that he makes it safely over. After Wednesday do what you like but until then we have to stand together.

I'll go with that. Stand behind Ron while he still has something up his sleeve, but, it is prudent that the supporters and the supporters club prepare for the worst scenario.
Shoulder to shoulder until its obvious that Rons options are exhausted. We cannot stop administration happening as fans, only Ron can do that now, but we can be standing by to try and pick up the pieces if needed.

Statement Update - 02.11.09

The Shrimpers Trust has monitored developments over the past 24 hours with great interest.

The consortium that has announced today that it is considering a takeover of Southend United Football Club contacted the Trust yesterday, and our Chairman, Paul FitzGerald, enjoyed hearing their views.

We would be willing to work closely with any group or individual that have our football club's best interests at heart. Furthermore, our absolute priority at this stage is seeing Southend United FC being placed on a stable financial footing, and anyone that is able to achieve this deserves consideration.

Members of the Shrimpers Trust committee will be liaising with Supporters Direct this evening for further guidance as this situation developments.

All of the Trust Statements regarding the current financial plight SUFC finds itself in can be found on the Trust Website by clicking here.

I'm obviously not going to ask you to name names, but are this consortiums members known to the Trust ??

Why did these individuals not invest in the club during the under-subscribed recent share issue?

Do you know for sure that they didn't?

If they did, they didn't invest much, as it was heavily under-subscribed.

I'd have thought anyone with cash to burn and and a passion for SUFC would have got involved in a big way then.

Had the winding up order been successful we most certainly would have been.

If we are placed into administration it is easy to envisage the circumstances wherebye the administratior may decide that liquidation is the correct process.

Never say never and never ever ever say never ever ever.

If they did, they didn't invest much, as it was heavily under-subscribed.

I'd have thought anyone with cash to burn and and a passion for SUFC would have got involved in a big way then.

The size of the share issue precluded getting 'involved in a big way'. New investors will want a controlling interest.

Statement Update - 03.11.09

Members of the Shrimpers Trust Board met with senior Club management this morning for a scheduled Liaison meeting at Roots Hall. Full details of these discussions will be published, as usual, on our website in due course.

Supporters will not be surprised to hear that Ron Martin has been working continuously to try to obtain the funds which will satisfy HMRC tomorrow (Wednesday) and stave off Administration for Southend United FC.

It would appear that his success in these efforts will not be known until the last moment so we will have to wait another frustrating day to discover whether we will proceed to Administration and receive the penalty of a deduction of ten Football League points.

The Trust will continue to keep supporters informed of further developments as and when they are known.

All of the Trust Statements regarding the current financial plight SUFC finds itself in can be found on the Trust Website by clicking here.

seems to have convinced the trust that he's got a good chance of getting stuff together if they aren't saying much else

Back