• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News SHRIMPERS TRUST SUPPORT FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES – YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Why would you need to think on it? It would raise loads to help with flights etc so just do it! :Smile:
John, to a large extent I agree, and I suspect we will take up April's offer, and from doing this before they can be really enjoyable.

Just need really to take a breath from organising what we have done so far, and with less than 50% of my target areas for publicity yet to be sorted there is still plenty to do and simply that is my immediate priority

It is too late to sort for tomorrow and I cannot make next Tues but we do have Sat 19th as an option if that works for the club (or someone wants to take on the organising of it from me and do it next Tues).

We will need some bucket holder volunteers too - I'll maybe give you a call in a couple of days.

UTB

John, to a large extent I agree, and I suspect we will take up April's offer, and from doing this before they can be really enjoyable.

Just need really to take a breath from organising what we have done so far, and with less than 50% of my target areas for publicity yet to be sorted there is still plenty to do and simply that is my immediate priority

It is too late to sort for tomorrow and I cannot make next Tues but we do have Sat 19th as an option if that works for the club (or someone wants to take on the organising of it from me and do it next Tues).

We will need some bucket holder volunteers too - I'll maybe give you a call in a couple of days.

UTB
Ok, always willing to help.

I'm upset that we here in Australia are unable to purchase this scarf as there are no shipping options.

This is also true for the replica strips.

This is a great initiative, @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset has put a huge amount of work into it. It strikes me that it might be easier to have bulk orders delivered to somewhere up here where they could be more easily distributed from, or collected?
Kay, thanks, am already thinking of this in discussion World Retro. Idea being that they send a load to me and then me snd the missus package them up each evening based on orders that day and post them out the following day so folk get them in less than a week. The main issue is that the scarves are made to order, so what if we get 200 say made and only sell 50? That is a real risk as by the time we get the 200 delivered in say three weeks by then most who want one will have ordered already. The stock has to be paid for.

Quick update:

- we were closing on 150 scarves sold by mid day today and growing all the time. Thank you SO MUCH, that's 150 refugees that can now be helped to a place of safety in the UK thanks to you.
- did an interview for BBC Essex this afternoon, my stilted tones may appear some time during the sports prog this eve.
- the club has in the last few mins put up the appeal on their website so that should help. - waiting on this to appear in local newspapers too (they have kindly offered their support).
- have spoken to local MP and she has undertaken to brainstorm ideas with her team to publicise
- the blockage on buying scarves from Australia is being looked in to
- I cannot get a bucket collection organised for next Tues, and Altrincham is a non-starter as there is already a collection on that day which I do not want to spoil. We have tho pencilled in Notts County subject to a few things (not least of which is whether that game goes ahead on scheduled date)
- thanks to utilising part of a very kind donation it may now be possible to get a bulk supply of scarves ordered for me to then make sending them out much quicker for all orders from about three weeks time plus that could then facilitate selling them at the ground for the Notts County game (again, if it goes ahead). Discussing that further with World Retro this eve
- we will be getting pics of what is happening from World Retro on the ground in Poland and I will share these when available, though focus by them at the mo is on putting in the groundwork to make this work
- the news is getting out there. So far World Retro have received contacts from four other clubs to consider copying our idea which is great

It seems evident that this crisis is getting worse and will be prolonged, so please keep the support coming, share the news any way you can, and any ideas you have will be most welcome

??

Back