• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News SHRIMPERS TRUST SUPPORT FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES – YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Just want to say a huge thanks for all those involved in organising this scarf and hopefully in a home game soon the club will dedicate a match to this so more funds are be raised for the families in this heartbreaking situation.

Looking forward to wearing the scarf just ordered at Roots Hall and also having enjoyed Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in previous trips before you know what hopefully in Ukraine as well. ??

Ukraine Updata.png

Quite simply, wow. Thank you to everyone who has so far taken part in this, and Zoners as ever are leading with their help. Hopefully this number will continue to grow, I know that the folk at World Retro who will be implementing the help being given are just so delighted with the Shrimpers response

More news to follow, and when I get them (hopefully some time next week), a pic or two of your help in action from Poland

??

View attachment 19543

Quite simply, wow. Thank you to everyone who has so far taken part in this, and Zoners as ever are leading with their help. Hopefully this number will continue to grow, I know that the folk at World Retro who will be implementing the help being given are just so delighted with the Shrimpers response

More news to follow, and when I get them (hopefully some time next week), a pic or two of your help in action from Poland

??
Great work

As of yesterday we were up to 270 sales which is fantastic, and as ever the support from SZ has been great.
Quite a bit more is being planned re the campaign, and as is evident from the news the need for help just grows and grows. Plans are afoot to turn the Notts County game on 2 April as one where the cause will be championed.
We have just received the first of a series of short videos from World Retro, and young Vasily was so keen to be the first to do a short thank you to you all.
Here is the clip which is on Shrimpers Trust Twitter:

Vasily's Thank You Video

Vasily was clearly quite emotional.
Real help is now being physically delivered, and that is thanks to you.
I will post more news as it comes in, and soon hope to be able to give you an ETA re delivery time for those that have bought scarves.
If you have yet to do so but would like to get involved the link you need is here:

Scarves buy link

Thank you
Andy

We at World Retro are very pleased to work with the Shrimpers Trust on the sale of Ukraine Refugee Travel scarves.

You can never imagine the reaction of our Ukrainian contacts. They are amazed at the kind reaction of people over 1000 miles away from them. Earlier today, we passed the significant milestone of 350 sold, which is a magnificent achievement by the club's wider community. That will enable 350 refugees to reach the UK.

We will deliver your scarf order as soon as we can, but the volume ordered does create a slight delay, which we will keep to a minimum.

Until we can clarify that, the refugees are very keen to express their thanks right away.

From everyone involved, and most importantly, the refugees, a very deep and sincere thank you.
I will be in touch with a further update soon, both on the delivery of the scarves and importantly, on the refugees themselves.

Paul Jago, World Retro

I've just had an email from World Retro, part of which I have reproduced below. The scarves are on their way.

I am pleased to attach an update on the status of the refugee scarf that you very kindly bought. As you will see from the attached video, the scarves are ready. We were let down by UPS who failed to deliver on time to the UK this week, but we have made separate arrangements now to get your scarf to you.

It will arrive in the UK by courier next week, and I will write again at the weekend to confirm that it has been posted to you.

Thanks RHB, I was going to post - it's been a manic time of late

I've been in almost daily contact with World Retro since my last post - lets just say they've had a few challenges to deal with, but the key thing (aside from the scarves being on the way) is that real help is starting to be given thanks to the generosity of Southend fans who have bought online.

As you also may have seen from the club post on their website yesterday, the plan WAS also to have some scarves available at the ground tomorrow to sell. We were all set to turn on the publicity machine yesterday eve. However, at the last minute the courier let us down so I'm now hoping to get a delivery at home for sale at the club shop purposes next Tuesday so if that happens we'll move the selling at the ground day to the Halifax game on 23 April. So frustrating, but that hiccup was out of our (and World Retro's) control. I'll wait until I physically get the scarves in my hands before announcing that with certainty.

I also understand that the club will be hosting some refugees for the Halifax game including some from Ukraine so if our scarf sale goes ahead at that game it should work nicely ..... and with a SUEPA event involving early/mid 1970's players that day too it's gonna be busy.

Thanks again to all who have bought scarves to date and also for your patience. I'll announce more next week as soon as plans become definite, but any questions in the meantime just let me know.

Cheers, Andy

Dear all, AN UPDATE AND AN APPEAL

1. BUYERS SO FAR: For those that have ordered online (thank you so much) I know that the scarves are on their way, tho sadly they won't be with you by Saturday. Paul Jago's (World Retro) email to all online buyers gave all the details.

2. ON SALE ON SATURDAY: we will have a small supply for sale at the ground on Saturday v Halifax. From circa 1.00 pm we will have a stall in the club shop and have a seller or two outside the East and West Stands, plus we may reach the hospitality areas/bars. Our small group, which I am anticipating will also include ex players Peter Daley, Steve Clark and Duncan Jupp, will be meeting first at the Blue Boar at noon (landlady Michelle has very kindly agreed to fortify us), and then dispersing from there.

3. CAN YOU JOIN OUR HELPERS TEAM? Our small team of circa 10 is a little depleted in numbers from the originally intended sale date last Friday so we could do with a couple more. Can you help? You would need to be in the Blue Boar at noon (food and a beer then supplied) and from there we will debrief re background of it all etc and agree who sells where and related arrangements. Selling is pre-match only up to kick-off. If you can help please private message or email me (suepassoc@gmail.com) and we'll take things from there.

Cheers, Andy

Shrimpers Trust Ukrainian Appeal scarves for selling v Halifax tomorrow just in (phew), those for online buyers will be on their way very soon (manufacturer World Retro are keeping purchasers up to date).
We will have a team of Trust helpers in the club shop from 1.00 pm and at various points outside the ground pre-match with scarves for you to buy. Keep a look out for former Shrimpers Duncan Jupp, Steve Clark and Peter Daley who are also helping out. We first will be meeting up at the Blue Boar at noon for a quick refreshment thanks to the wonderful hospitality of landlady Michelle Gargate.
A scarf is shown here modelled by Bob The Dog in exchange for three Dreamies (easily bribed). Donut the Cat declined so, true to past form, was sent off.
Every scarf sold (£20) funds flying one Ukrainian refugee to the UK and a place of safety from the continuing horrors of war in their home country. The response so far has been fantastic, with your support lets smash it tomorrow!
?
?
20220422_192902 (1).jpg20220422_193739 (1).jpg

Good morning all

We urgently need at least two volunteers to join our scarves sellers party as due to unforeseen circumstances a couple of our group have had to withdraw.

If you can help please let me know

We meet at noon at the Blue Boar. Free food and a beer supplied.

Selling is pre match only. Should be some fun, and good weather too. And of course all for a good cause.

Thank you

Andy

Back