• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust.

lombard

Youth Team
Wasn't the Shrimpers Trust formed, with a view of keeping an eye on how SUFC functioned.I feel they have been hoodwinked by Martin for a number of years,Also they seem to spend their time preening themselves in the Shrimpers Bar on match days.I am a member of the Trust,but feel the Trust should be more vociferous, finding more facts out.

In defence of them Peter, they have been trying to get a meeting with RM for a long time, but of course RM postpones it at every opportunity. I would go as far as to say they have not really heard anything of any consequence for years. Its just all lip service unless RM needs something he wants out there in the public domain, or to simply pacify them. They are in the dark like everybody.

SUFC and all is a one man band has has been since RM got his greedy eyes on the prospects of developing Roots Hall. In the 20 odd years that have gone by since he has eroded any contact apart from through himself. Directors, CEO'S to just name 2 categories of staff have walked away from the club because they knew it was an impossible task trying to get anything out of RM. He may sell people his dream on paper as the salesman he is, but he is found out very quickly these days especially by Dutch people it seems recently.

People have to stop thinking that SUFC is some sort of separate deity anymore, it's not, it is just another one of RM's companies that he alone chooses what to do with. We are just mere paying punters.

That old saying " you can't get blood out of a stone" basically sums RM up.

You know all this anyway.

Last edited:
Wasn't the Shrimpers Trust formed, with a view of keeping an eye on how SUFC functioned.I feel they have been hoodwinked by Martin for a number of years,Also they seem to spend their time preening themselves in the Shrimpers Bar on match days.I am a member of the Trust,but feel the Trust should be more vociferous, finding more facts out.
Are you a member or on the committee?
If not on committee perhaps you could join them and appreciate the time they give up , rather than seeing them as preening

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

If you're a member of the Trust, then you will be aware that the Trust Chairman says, in every newsletter, that if anyone has something they wish to say or to raise that they can do so directly to him as his email is in each newsletter.

On matchdays, we are in the Shrimpers Bar providing information for away travel, selling our wares and actually meeting up, as friends, for a drink as many others do, because, believe it or not, we do actually all pay for our tickets and enjoy each other's company.

On the Chairman, we have been chasing Ron for a face to face meeting for months. I believe he did have a brief phone conversation with Fitz late last week apologising for the delay and postponement of their planned meeting a few weeks back.

We have a Liaison Meeting next week, but we will only be told there things that Ron wants us to be told. We will ask, as we always do, about wages, the proposed new stadium and finance. We will get the usual responses. As @Cricko says, SUFC is and has been for a long time, a one man band.

I wish to vehemently deny that I have ever (knowingly) “preened myself” in the Shrimpers Bar or anywhere else to my knowledge, lol ?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

If you're a member of the Trust, then you will be aware that the Trust Chairman says, in every newsletter, that if anyone has something they wish to say or to raise that they can do so directly to him as his email is in each newsletter.

On matchdays, we are in the Shrimpers Bar providing information for away travel, selling our wares and actually meeting up, as friends, for a drink as many others do, because, believe it or not, we do actually all pay for our tickets and enjoy each other's company.

On the Chairman, we have been chasing Ron for a face to face meeting for months. I believe he did have a brief phone conversation with Fitz late last week apologising for the delay and postponement of their planned meeting a few weeks back.

We have a Liaison Meeting next week, but we will only be told there things that Ron wants us to be told. We will ask, as we always do, about wages, the proposed new stadium and finance. We will get the usual responses. As @Cricko says, SUFC is and has been for a long time, a one man band.

That,of course (speaking as a Life member),is the major problem the Trust has in progressing its relationship with the Chairman.

That's why I was so confident he wouldn't show up for the latest meeting with the Trust. When he has too many difficult questions to answer, spin and deflect, he doesn't answer or speak to anyone. He's always done this. When he has good news, or needs to rally ticket sales, he pops his head up(But still doesn't answer the big questions). It's the nature of the beast. The way he's keeping his Manager in the dark over the dealings with the EFL is a disgrace really, especially as promises were made over the signings of new players.

What facts do you need to know?

Rons message has always been clear and obvious to me. "I own the lot and whether you like it or not we will be moving to FF.....I'm certainly not going to waste my time explaining to you lot the ins and outs because you wouldn't listen anyway. So get used to it because i will be here until I either sell it on with full planning consent and i get my reward, Or the council say no and the football club go bust"

That’s unfair Riggers you seem to forget at the start he gave many people his mobile number and all and sundry were saying what a good chairman he was and listened to us
:Smile:

Back