• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro: we would be 100% debt free therefore we would look a lot more attractive to a big time player with a real business plan. Even with Ron we would be much better off as a club.

how would we 100% debt free, we/RM owe sainsburys somewhere in the region of £12 million last time I heard? Not to mention the rest of the people we owe money to.

how would we 100% debt free, we/RM owe sainsburys somewhere in the region of £12 million last time I heard? Not to mention the rest of the people we owe money to.

If Sainsbury do pull out its possible they would write off any debts. They would be walking way from a contract after all.

...depending on who replaces him.

What we need is someone to be able to build this stadium, if Sainsbury do pull the plug I wonder where that leaves us with options.

Damn you have found my secert hideout which is now not so secert.
No matter who runs or tries to run a supporters group there will always be snide comments from those that can of course do better but true blue is right if the shizzle hits the pan i hope the trust are ready and indeed able to sort out the wreakage.
And whom ever suggested that to change the trust then people should join and change from within is in my humble opinion very right also,so if you are worried about YOUR club then join up any group that will have you apart from AC cabs because they are just wronguns.

What I don't get is people say the big supermarkets are a thing of the past and the likes of Sainsbury are reviewing the buisness. The Big Tesco's on the A127 is always rammed with customers day and night for the store and petrol! Must be a real gold mine.

What is it with these snide comments about a group of supporters who wanted to try to make a difference.

How dare they....

Why is it a snide attack
Suisa upset some people on here if you remember with a surprise announcement to the forum, they rightly or wrongly thought the Trust was not doing enough for fans, and wanted to form a new supporters group with Kids club.
They had their own forum on SZ asked for members, had their own web site introducing the new committee, had a Wheels of Steel night and then disappeared with out trace or answered any emails

So it was a perfectly good question compared to some of the bollox on here lately

UTS

After (insert as appropriate) years, I still have no idea what it is that's holding this up. I know the guys skint but what else is holding it up?

Genuine question as I normally steer well clear of stadium threads.

Why is it a snide attack
Suisa upset some people on here if you remember with a surprise announcement to the forum, they rightly or wrongly thought the Trust was not doing enough for fans, and wanted to form a new supporters group with Kids club.
They had their own forum on SZ asked for members, had their own web site introducing the new committee, had a Wheels of Steel night and then disappeared with out trace or answered any emails

So it was a perfectly good question compared to some of the bollox on here lately

UTS

Perfectly good question, with a wink at the end. Thats what makes it a snide comment...

To me it looks like Suisa has done exactly the same as the Trust. Nothing.

That said, some of us have already asked the questions, andtheres not a lot anyone is going to find out other than what Ive already said, Sainsbury are doing a review and thats what we are waiting for.

Perfectly good question, with a wink at the end. Thats what makes it a snide comment...

To me it looks like Suisa has done exactly the same as the Trust. Nothing.

That said, some of us have already asked the questions, andtheres not a lot anyone is going to find out other than what Ive already said, Sainsbury are doing a review and thats what we are waiting for.

Really JM? :nope:

As I, and others have said before, asking the questions doesn't always mean 1) we are given the answers or 2) we are allowed to publicly comment on them.

The Trust note supporters' frustrations regarding the lack of news about the club's new stadium. It is a permanent agenda item for our Liaison Meetings with the club, and when there is news that we can report, this will be included in the minutes of those meetings, which can be found on our website.

Meanwhile, the Trust have set up a Question & Answer session with SUFC Manager Phil Brown, Club CEO Steve Kavanagh and Trust Chairman Paul Fitzgerald in the Blues Lounge at Roots Hall on Monday 22nd September. This is open to all supporters and provides an opportunity to ask those individuals any pertinent questions you have.
Further details regarding the Q&A can be found here.

The Trust can be contacted by email at info@shrimperstrust.co.uk, via the contact page on our website or by coming and visiting us in the Shrimpers Bar prior to the game on any home matchday where members of the Committee can be found including the Trust Chairman Paul FitzGerald & Vice-chairman Paul Yeomanson who will be more than happy to discuss any of your concerns.

The Trust does have contingency plans in place, which are continually updated in case the unthinkable happens, and it was agreed several years ago and publicised that all Trust funds would form part of the Fighting Fund if needed.

With regards to the Committee Profiles page on our website, this along with other areas is in the process of being updated, which is also linked to the Trust’s proposed move from a ‘company limited by guarantee’ to an ‘IPS’, for which a formal proposal will be made to our members at our next AGM (more in the coming months).
Unfortunately all this takes time; however we will endeavour to update the Committee page as soon as possible, even if it is without their profiles.

The Trust committee is always looking for new blood – so, if you would like to get involved in any of our activities at any level, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Really JM? :nope:

As I, and others have said before, asking the questions doesn't always mean 1) we are given the answers or 2) we are allowed to publicly comment on them.

Not having a pop.

I've asked questions myself and have relayed the answers I've had which is more information than the trust has given. (even in the update above unless it will be in the minutes which we may not see for weeks to come)

As Ive said, the club are waiting for the Sainsbury review. The Trust could have been more pro-active in finding that out and communicating it. Its not exactly top secret and would go someway to dismiss the "Sainsbury have pulled out strong rumour" comments we have had, which Ive been told has not happened. (yet)

The Trust note supporters' frustrations regarding the lack of news about the club's new stadium. It is a permanent agenda item for our Liaison Meetings with the club, and when there is news that we can report, this will be included in the minutes of those meetings, which can be found on our website.

Meanwhile, the Trust have set up a Question & Answer session with SUFC Manager Phil Brown, Club CEO Steve Kavanagh and Trust Chairman Paul Fitzgerald in the Blues Lounge at Roots Hall on Monday 22nd September. This is open to all supporters and provides an opportunity to ask those individuals any pertinent questions you have.
Further details regarding the Q&A can be found here.

The Trust can be contacted by email at info@shrimperstrust.co.uk, via the contact page on our website or by coming and visiting us in the Shrimpers Bar prior to the game on any home matchday where members of the Committee can be found including the Trust Chairman Paul FitzGerald & Vice-chairman Paul Yeomanson who will be more than happy to discuss any of your concerns.

The Trust does have contingency plans in place, which are continually updated in case the unthinkable happens, and it was agreed several years ago and publicised that all Trust funds would form part of the Fighting Fund if needed.

With regards to the Committee Profiles page on our website, this along with other areas is in the process of being updated, which is also linked to the Trust’s proposed move from a ‘company limited by guarantee’ to an ‘IPS’, for which a formal proposal will be made to our members at our next AGM (more in the coming months).
Unfortunately all this takes time; however we will endeavour to update the Committee page as soon as possible, even if it is without their profiles.

The Trust committee is always looking for new blood – so, if you would like to get involved in any of our activities at any level, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

These two will be fed a load of toffee by Ron Martin. All really probing questions, they will not be willing or able to answer. The normal, something is about to happen, soon, but we can't say, will be fed to the fans that turn up. They will also feed some little sweetners, to rally the support in these difficult times.

They wont have any answers anyway, its Ron who needs to be asked.

He wont have anything to say at moment other than we are waiting for Sainsbury.

Lets see if anyone can get a straight and honest answer to; What is the latest regarding FF and the Roots Hall site, and do you genuinely think FF will ever happen?

Speaking with other concerned fans, these seem to be the main questions that need to be asked, but rarely gets a straight and honest answer.

Back