• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The latest is Sainsbury are carrying out a review and everything has come to a halt until that completes.

As to whether he genuinely thinks it will happen, what do you really think he is going to say? Even if he had doubts he would never say so and would be crazy to do so.

These two will be fed a load of toffee by Ron Martin. All really probing questions, they will not be willing or able to answer. The normal, something is about to happen, soon, but we can't say, will be fed to the fans that turn up. They will also feed some little sweeteners, to rally the support in these difficult times.

If you really believe that, then I don't think you understand either of them!

Maybe we don't understand them, but I guess thats half the problem. The Q & A's where either have been present, that I've attended has usually been waffle & of no real substance. That is the reason why there is no belief when we hear from either.

How many start dates for FF has there been? Its a standing joke along with Lockwood & Parlour signing for us. I guess we will find out eventually, bu t lets hope its not when its too late.

At the Q&A can someone ask about 5 questions regarding the shade of blue used in the new kit. I feel that otherwise the genuine concerns of the fans aren't being voiced.

So questions are raised about the Shrimpers Trust, TBV and Suissa in one day. I know nothing of Suissa but I am sure the Shrimpers Trust and TBV do much for the club and can do more and I am equally sure whatever they do will not be enough for some. It seems the only thing Southend cannot do is be United. Perhaps we should identify a common enemy before we let the dogs loose. :thumbdown:

If you really believe that, then I don't think you understand either of them!

Maybe we don't understand them, but I guess thats half the problem. The Q & A's where either have been present, that I've attended has usually been waffle & of no real substance. That is the reason why there is no belief when we hear from either.

How many start dates for FF has there been? Its a standing joke along with Lockwood & Parlour signing for us. I guess we will find out eventually, but lets hope its not when its too late.

Fact, fiction and waffle. It's hard to work out what's what sometimes. How many times in the last 6 years OBL, have we been told the build will start by such and such a month or date? So excuse me for being a bit sceptical of anyone put on stage for a Q&A session.

These two will be fed a load of toffee by Ron Martin. All really probing questions, they will not be willing or able to answer. The normal, something is about to happen, soon, but we can't say, will be fed to the fans that turn up. They will also feed some little sweetners, to rally the support in these difficult times.

RON MARTIN SHOULD BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else is pointless

So questions are raised about the Shrimpers Trust, TBV and Suissa in one day. I know nothing of Suissa but I am sure the Shrimpers Trust and TBV do much for the club and can do more and I am equally sure whatever they do will not be enough for some. It seems the only thing Southend cannot do is be United. Perhaps we should identify a common enemy before we let the dogs loose. :thumbdown:

TBV is nothing to do with asking questions or club politics, that is what the Trust is for.

In my very humble opinion , anyone who is trying to do the best for our club in whatever way they can , deserves some praise.
That includes the Trust , Suisa , TBV and any other group of SUFC fans.

Not having a pop.

I've asked questions myself and have relayed the answers I've had which is more information than the trust has given. (even in the update above unless it will be in the minutes which we may not see for weeks to come)

As Ive said, the club are waiting for the Sainsbury review. The Trust could have been more pro-active in finding that out and communicating it. Its not exactly top secret and would go someway to dismiss the "Sainsbury have pulled out strong rumour" comments we have had, which Ive been told has not happened. (yet)

Sorry could you just run through this with me one more time :tumbleweed:

With regards to the Committee Profiles page on our website, this along with other areas is in the process of being updated, which is also linked to the Trust’s proposed move from a ‘company limited by guarantee’ to an ‘IPS’, for which a formal proposal will be made to our members at our next AGM (more in the coming months)..

AGM ? Remind me what that is! :winking:

As you all know my dislike for Ron is well documented, however i had an interesting conversation with someone close to the club recently and the basic facts are since Justin King left Sainsburys and the new Chief exec has come in, every outstanding project like this is being looked at and that's where the delay has occurred.

Now it may mean that ultimately Sainsburys do pull out or it may mean that they push on, However it would seem that we have been the victim of circumstance because by all accounts, everything was ready to move forward. I dont know how true that is but it seemed like a reasonable argument.

Couldn't see a thread for Questions, for those who can't make the Q&A, so - if Sainsburys havent announced anything by then - could some ask...

What is the club's plan if Sainsbury's decide not to pursue building a new store on the Roots Hall site (& therefore not funding our new stadium build)?

I would expect that the club would have enough time to come up with a Plan-B by 22 September.:unsure:

The Trust note supporters' frustrations regarding the lack of news about the club's new stadium. It is a permanent agenda item for our Liaison Meetings with the club, and when there is news that we can report, this will be included in the minutes of those meetings, which can be found on our website.

Meanwhile, the Trust have set up a Question & Answer session with SUFC Manager Phil Brown, Club CEO Steve Kavanagh and Trust Chairman Paul Fitzgerald in the Blues Lounge at Roots Hall on Monday 22nd September. This is open to all supporters and provides an opportunity to ask those individuals any pertinent questions you have.
Further details regarding the Q&A can be found here.

The Trust can be contacted by email at info@shrimperstrust.co.uk, via the contact page on our website or by coming and visiting us in the Shrimpers Bar prior to the game on any home matchday where members of the Committee can be found including the Trust Chairman Paul FitzGerald & Vice-chairman Paul Yeomanson who will be more than happy to discuss any of your concerns.

The Trust does have contingency plans in place, which are continually updated in case the unthinkable happens, and it was agreed several years ago and publicised that all Trust funds would form part of the Fighting Fund if needed.

With regards to the Committee Profiles page on our website, this along with other areas is in the process of being updated, which is also linked to the Trust’s proposed move from a ‘company limited by guarantee’ to an ‘IPS’, for which a formal proposal will be made to our members at our next AGM (more in the coming months).
Unfortunately all this takes time; however we will endeavour to update the Committee page as soon as possible, even if it is without their profiles.

The Trust committee is always looking for new blood – so, if you would like to get involved in any of our activities at any level, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

As a life-member of the ST I'd be interested to hear some more information about these contingency plans.

The devil,as always,is in the detail.

TBV is nothing to do with asking questions or club politics, that is what the Trust is for.

I never suggested they were. I was pointing out that Shrimpers Trust, Suisa and TBV had a thread on each of them today and were equally attacked and defended. Whatever each group does for the club it would be better to do it with unity and support than what currently appears to be a fractured fan base.

I never suggested they were. I was pointing out that Shrimpers Trust, Suisa and TBV had a thread on each of them today and were equally attacked and defended. Whatever each group does for the club it would be better to do it with unity and support than what currently appears to be a fractured fan base.

Are you basing that opinion on what appears on SZ Rab? If it's SZ only then there will always be diverse comments being made, but they tend to come from the more regular posters rather than a broader fan base and therefore the sample of opinion is quite low in comparison with the actual fan base. Mind you, I could be talking out of my arse, it has been known.

Given the ongoing review by Sainsbury's, for once I can understand why Ron can't give a start date. He probably knows little more than we do about the outcome, hence he's kept quiet. He can't win: if he publicly announces a start date he gets shot down for the bs that it is, and if he says nothing then people moan that he's keeping the fans in the dark. Right now he's doing both to try and appease the fans but it's not working. The fact is, little progress is being made and a lot of it is out of Ron's hands, so he's keeping quiet and avoiding questions so he doesn't get the blame.

That doesn't explain the last few years of silence though.

Back