• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Statski77 (Matt) is currently over here on holiday visiting his family who live in Brisbane now and last night we met up for the Queensland Roar game.

We had a few beers pre-match in Caxton Street and into the ground where he took a few photo's which I'm sure will be posted on here when he gets the chance - with him in his yellow short and me wearing my SZ one. We enjoyed some more beer throughout the game which Roar won 3-2 (against Wellington Pheonix) to go 2nd in the league, the winner was a belting free kick late in the game.

Matt will give his own impressions on the experience but he seemed to enjoy the game and was very impressed with the stadium and atmosphere. Playing against a New Zealand team there was plenty of banter about sheep bothering and some quite inventive chants from our lads (next time we play a Welsh team can I suggest singing 'Does your shepherd know your here?'). I know the whole experience of rocking up in your shorts and sandals for a match was very different to the usual football following back home, especially at this time of year.

For my part it was great to have the chance to chat about the Mighty Shrimpers with a fellow fan. If anyone else finds themselves in this part of the world then please get in touch.

Firstly many thanks to Andy (or Paul as my brother called him) for taking the time to show us the marvels of football in Oz, will elaborate more shortly as am due to goto Sydney in a few hours and need some zzz's. In a nutshell though it was a great experience and no doubt I'll be back in the near future.

Have posted a shot below of me and Andy outside the Suncorp Stadium, once I'm back from Sydney after new years I'll post a more indepth response with a few more piccys.

Cheers and happy new year to all.
Stats

Picture511.jpg

Back