• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Bullocks

President⭐⭐
Well I am surprised Ladies and Gents, 30 hours until kick-off and no pre-match thread started??

Ok my tentative bit; same starting team, fine weather conditions, I'll be in the East with my brother and nipper, estimated total attendance 7,200.

Think we can expect closer to 8k than that. I didn't go to Cheltenham so difficult to say on team selection. From people I've spoken to who where there, the game was crying out for Corr and he completely changed it when he came on, so, on that basis.

Bentley
White Egan Sokolik Coker
Atkinson Timlin Leonard Hurst
Loza Corr

Think we can expect closer to 8k than that. I didn't go to Cheltenham so difficult to say on team selection. From people I've spoken to who where there, the game was crying out for Corr and he completely changed it when he came on, so, on that basis.

Bentley
White Egan Sokolik Coker
Atkinson Timlin Leonard Hurst
Loza Corr

Thats the side Id go for and picks itself Id say.

Barnard has done ok but Corr just gives us that physcial presence and as long as he doesn't screw up again would be my first choice.

3:07 pm Kick-off tomorrow. Maybe a verse of You'll Never Walk Alone in tribute?? Even more fitting with Liverpool lonee..

Possibly two changes for me, or maybe not. Not sure, maybe 1 change, maybe none.

Corr in for Barnard, and Murphy in for Atkinson (who I think needs a rest)

3:07 pm Kick-off tomorrow. Maybe a verse of You'll Never Walk Alone in tribute?? Even more fitting with Liverpool lonee..

After a respectfully observed minutes silence I feel singing You'll Never Walk Alone would be a great shout.

That is a fantastic idea. Can I suggest you ring the club and suggest that they actually play it over the public address given that most of us don't really know the words? They should start it at 3.00pm, i.e. normal kick off time.

A 2-0 win in front of 7,150 fans. Goals from Hurst and Leonard

After Corr and Murphy changing the game last week. I can see them starting.
Probally for Barney and Atkinson.

Bentley
White Egan Sokolik Coker
Murphy Timlin Leonard Hurst
Corr Loza

Subs. Chambers. Prosser. Laird. Atkinson. Clifford, Barnard. Eastwood.

I think one change for tomorrow's game Corr in for Barnard.

Bentley
White Sokolik Egan Coker
Leonard
Hurst Atkinson Timlin
Corr Loza

Subs:
Smith Prosser Murphy Clifford Straker Eastwood Barnard

2-0 win Corr and Timlin Attendance: 7900

Going to my first game since Portsmouth on New Years' Day tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Would like to see Corr start ahead of Barnard, think him and Loza could be a really good partnership. With Wimbledon having nothing to play for I'm predicting/hoping a comfortable win and another clean sheet.

Nice idea with the You'll Never Walk Alone chant too.

I think Leonard has an ankle injury, with doubts over White and Hurst

Bentley
White Sokolik Egan Coker
Timlin
Hurst Atkinson Clifford
Corr Loza

Agree with the somewhat general consensus that Corr should probably start.

Would like to see Murphy given a start too, see what the boy can do from the off.

2-0 Blues, 8K, and a good turnout from the crazy gang.

There is also a fair opinion that Will-I-Am Atko seems very tired; maybe CC could get a start and by starting he might not be in such a rash/rush to impress and avoid the lunging tackles until he is match speed warmed up.
If we have another 8 games then the squad will need to all be involved (mostly all!)

Makes me laugh that a young, fit man who plays 90 minutes of football in one week is tired. Pathetic.

Although not a Corr fan - would start him instead of Barney, Murphy instead of Atkinson (actually would also like Laird to play instead of Timlin but cannot see this happening)

Back