• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentlemen,

More good news from the club is that Shriperzone and Southend's number one Lucky Luca has been awarded not one but two year deal with the club.

Firstly I dont think we as mere mortals can realise the dedication that the young lads put in. They literally have to eat, sleep and live football even and this age and it cant be easy for them. I am always amazed when I hear what Luca and his mate Dan have to do. Both miss a large number of home games as they are training all the time.

Secondly I think the club deserve some praise as they seem to really be trying to push on the lads and make them the best players they can be. I have lost count of the amount of big clubs that Luca has played against both UK and abroad and the club deserve praise for that which for the age they are at is amazing.

It would be good if we can leave Luca and Dan (Luca's mate who has also been awarded a new two year contract with the club) some messages of support and congrats. I can honestly say both Luca and dan are cracking lads and I hope both will become great little players for the club over time. Its great to see two of our own lads doing so well.

Luca, Dan - Well done lads. Really proud of you both.

DtS

Congratulations Luca and Dan. Really pleased for you and I hope after the two years up you get a chance to carry on and play for the club I love and hope you two love too.

You lads are very lucky to have this opertunity and I really do wish you the best of luck with it. Just do not go down the path that some I have known in the past have done. I have been to school and grown up with kids who have an amazing talent and blow it because they got in with the wrong people or had the wrong attitude. One lad who lived down the same road as me used to play with us at the park he would get the ball and once he had it the once person who would be able to get near the ball was the keeper after picking it out of the back of the net. An amazing talent and he had trials for Arsenal, but he got in with the wrong people and messed it up. He now has a average job and rues his missed chances. Do not be like him.

Also if your Dad gets a chance could he drop me a PM as I would love to get my son involved in football and hopefully get him playing with Southend one day. He is only 3 but thought I better start thinking early.

Once again congratulations Luca and Dan maybe in a few years time I will be congratulating you both on your first appearances for the first team.

Good Luck with it all.

Well done boys. I look forward to cheering you on when we are playing premier football at the new stadium. Keep up all the hard work, listen to your peers and be true to yourselves. And believe.

Great stuff chaps, my only advice is stay away from beer, women and LdNFasto and you will go a long way to turning pro

Great stuff chaps, my only advice is stay away from beer, women and LdNFasto and you will go a long way to turning pro

Just make that fasto and you'll be ok.

Seriously lads well done and all best wishes for the future and I really hope you can make a career in the game.
Luca all you need to do now is improve in the Prediction League. :smile:

Good luck.

Congratulations guys. A long way to go but it's achieved step by step. Ricey's advice is good, keep your feet on the ground in the good times and don't let the hard times get you down too much!

How old are these guys btw? :)

Well done but please could someone tell me who Luca and Dan are? Is Luca a Shrimperzone member's son?

Well done but please could someone tell me who Luca and Dan are? Is Luca a Shrimperzone member's son?

Luca is a member on here LuckyLuca and his dad also posts on here under D.O.L.L (Dad of Lucky Luca) not sure about Dan though.

At the moment they are under 12s , the new contract is for under 13 and 14 . Luca is my son and Dan sits with us in the upper south , Luca has been with the Center of Excellence for 4 years now but still a long way to go but going in the right direction and a real Southend fan

At the moment they are under 12s , the new contract is for under 13 and 14 . Luca is my son and Dan sits with us in the upper south , Luca has been with the Center of Excellence for 4 years now but still a long way to go but going in the right direction and a real Southend fan

What age did he start playing football for a team? My son is 3 and will be 4 in December and was just wondering how to steer him into the right direction. He loves kicking a ball about in the garden and know he would love to play for a team when he is old enough.

Congratulations to Luca and Dan well done lads really pleased for you.

A little harsh on fasto I feel, Luca and Dan do sit very close if not next to fasto but obviously his little insights into the game and his unique understanding of the game are what is steering the lads in the right direction. We just don't want to see "who drove Luca and Dan out" slogans do we Steve?

DoDtS

Back