• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Annual Awards 2009

Free The Real DtS!

Shrimpero, you should have seen him in his prime. DtS is the anti-McCormack as his quality has decreased the less time he's spent in the pub.

The threads he use to start before he got all loved up were truly legendary. Now he is all settled down and happy he is a shadow of his former self. Artists need to suffer for their art and in DtS it is the art, not the man, that is suffering.

Where are those odes to Scott Forbes and those Friday polls of old?

Since he was brought under the thumb we are more likely to get a thread asking what colour cardigan he should wear, or a poll on dinner party etiquette.

:excellent:stuff here, YB ... yes, I'd gleaned that historically DtS was even more DtS than I know. There was that brilliant thread he did about the woman from Sanderstead station though, which gave me a hint about what I'd been missing. Let's hope he sees this and it inspires him to be the DtS that you know better than me. One thing's for sure - "talent is permanent, form is temporary." :)

Zoner of the Year - OBL

Best Signature -
Rusty's Comeback Special

Thread of the year - The single greatest moment in your Blues lifetime?

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar - Oysnamsud

Most deluded Zoner - OBL

Funniest Zoner - Tarkers

Zoner most knowledgeable about football - Beefy

Laziest Moderator - Matt The Shrimp

Best fans to visit the Hall -
Carlisle

Worst fans to visit the Hall -
Leicester

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - OBL

Most likeable Zoner - Canvey

Best overseas Zoner - Yogi

Best newcomer - Nobby Snide 2

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life - Firestorm

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life - Spartan

Last edited:
And a special mention for ...

Zoner of the Year - OBL

Best Signature -
Rusty's Comeback Special

Thread of the year - The single greatest moment in your Blues lifetime?

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar - Oysnamsud

Most deluded Zoner - OBL

Funniest Zoner - Tarkers

Zoner most knowledgeable about football - Beefy

Laziest Moderator - Matt The Shrimp

Best fans to visit the Hall -
Carlisle

Worst fans to visit the Hall - Leicester

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - OBL

Most likeable Zoner - Canvey

Best overseas Zoner - Yogi

Best newcomer - Nobby Snide 2

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life - Firestorm

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life - Spartan

...someone who I feel deserves an accolade or tribute heading all of his own. I suspect that he will hate me for drawing attention to him as he strikes me as being under-stated and happier to stay in the background. However, this is a man whose posts I always look at even if the thread subject isn't one of of ostensible interest. Yes, it's about time I declared my appreciation of our wonderful Groyne - note the font stylee here for 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' - a poster who keeps 'away from the numbers' and displays integrity, humour and compassion in virtually all the stuff he puts here. I woke up this morning realising I hadn't chosen him in any of the mainstream categories which Cricko had put up as a template, then realised why that was. The one and only Southchurch Groyney is too much his own man to be neatly fitted into a mainstream category. This is in no way connected to his 'Zoner Most Knowledgeable About Football' choice, I can assure you. On a wider note, this is symptomatic of why the Zone is such a great and compulsive place at times. There's a lot of good people on here and even though there are spats and spite at times, you're all worth it!

Last edited:
Laziest Moderator. Cricko, damn slacker.

Laziest Moderator.
Cricko, always bows to peer pressure

Laziest Moderator - Cricko

Laziest moderator: Cricko. Obviously.

Laziest Moderator. :cricko: Well with all his other activities.

Laziest Moderator - Cricko. ;)

Laziest Moderator - Cricko. ;)

Laziest Moderator - :cricko:

I don't suppose we are going to be getting the results any time soon are we?

Back