• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

So away tickets might be a bit of a nightmare. Especially for non seaso/shareholder exiles. I'd happily pay a bit more if someone was able to go down to the office and pick up tickets and meet outside the ground. It could be arranged via SZ/PayPal and an 'admin fee' could go towards SZ running costs.

I appreciate that there's a grey area in terms of tickets/reselling etc but if it stops 20 exiles from trying to get through on the phones then every little helps, right?

Again - just an idea...

If shareholders can be in the priority then Pubey can use mine if that helps?

I meant they could be bought when they're on turn up/general sale on thurs

I think if you're not a season card holder, shareholder or Blues Lottery member then you haven't got a chance of getting a seat, but there's no way that we'll sell 1400 standing tickets on top of the 380 seats, although there is a chance that we will sell out our initial allocation. Not quite sure why they're not making the terrace tickets available online, the queue in the ticket office will probably put many people off going.

Or at least an email method for standing tickets. Nightmare.

It's not the availability of tickets that's the problem IMO, it's the fact that at the moment you can't collect on the day or buy on the day. So you need to sort them on Thursday or Friday and rely on them getting to you in the post. Hopefully the club can work something out

It's not the availability of tickets that's the problem IMO, it's the fact that at the moment you can't collect on the day or buy on the day. So you need to sort them on Thursday or Friday and rely on them getting to you in the post. Hopefully the club can work something out

It would be too much too hope that they could learn from this if we get to the final (as I expect) I suppose? :unsure:

It would be too much too hope that they could learn from this if we get to the final (as I expect) I suppose? :unsure:

It's not really our decision, it's burtons. According to twitter the clubs are going to talk on Tuesday. If you can collect from the ground then that should help a lot

I have spent £40 on train tickets working on the assumption I can pick up a ticket from Burton having pre-paid for it - so I ****ing better be able to do that!

Word on the street is that at Mansfield away they said it was all ticket but it turned out you could go to their ticket office and buy on the day. If Burton are seriously turning people away who want to buy on the day then they're completely mental. If you can't buy in advance and collect at Burton then that's complete madness as well.

I guess the best thing to do is not to panic and lets see what the club says on Tuesday. If it's a problem then I suggest grappling hooks and long ladders...

It has to be said that SUFC are completely 'non league' when it comes to selling tickets. It's been this way for the 25 years I've supported them. It's 2014, and the only way they want to transact is face to face with pound notes in your hand - the inefficiency in that place is incredible. I'm being serious - they should seek help from someone who actually knows how to run a business and they'd save a fortune. Football clubs are unique in that even if they treat their customers like ****, the customer won't go and buy off a competitor.

in this day and age you'd think there'd be some kind of 'bookable' call centre facility where simple transactions like ordering tickets can be outsourced.

I do hope that the club agree to allow ticketmaster to organise any wembley sales if we manage to get there.

Back