• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Beer Club London Branch

Which Thursday in March

• Total voters
ello all,

newbie to shrimperzone but very interested in beer. will keep checking in to see what thursday is chosen n hopefully will be able to come along.

as i couldn't find an "introduce yerself" thread suppose i'll do it here.

I'm Iain, live in Enfield (bit obvious really) 53 married with 2 boys at university (where did those 20 years go lol) essex boy at heart, supported the blues for years since an uncle took me down to roots hall. been coming down to rh since 99-00 2-1 loss to rotherham (cunningham/prudoe conflict) proudest moment when youngest son (at about 11ish) said i'm gonna be a southend supporter. older boy still supports spurs but you can't have everything.

will keep checking in

tarra

Hey up Iain,

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Just a word (or two) of advice ... watch out for that BarnaBlue. :smiles:

Last edited:
Having worked out an 'Ides of March' itinerary now encompassing the Hereford game on Friday 18th, I herewith change my preferred option to Thursday 17th. :thumbsup:

Plastic Paddy night?

I don't keep the date of Guiness marketing initiatives in my diary.

I'm more concerned with it being the day of England v West Indies.

It shouldn't be a problem and unlike previous years when we didn't have any Irish footballers worth celebrating, at least we've a couple of Plastic Paddies in Kane O'Ferdinand and Harry O'Crawford, and one genuine one in Coughlan.

Ugh, going out on the 17th March. Are there any pubs in London that don't sell Guinness or any other black Irish rubbish?

Ugh, going out on the 17th March. Are there any pubs in London that don't sell Guinness or any other black Irish rubbish?

I don't understand. Do you mean that you just want to avoid drinking with Chris Hughton?

Yep and Clinton Morrison. Paul McGrath can come as he was a great player (and quite possibly liked a pint or two).

f782a80d9a5e37e37e2f43abc02feda5.jpg

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/12/12554/Ship/Monument

Is this still on for the 17th? :unsure:

Is this still on for the 17th? :unsure:

Still on as far as I'm concerned.

I know DtS is planning on popping along and I'm sure the usual suspects will be along, with hopefully one or two new faces.

I'll join you for an ale even if no-one else will!

Back