• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

KrustyTheKray

President
I was reading in the London Evening standard the other week about this clan/cult that arrange via email/websites to meet up in huge-huge groups and to perform different things etc!

One example the clan/cult secretly arranged, was to meet on a platform at Kings Cross Station (at an arranged time) and to have a private disco with everyone listening to i-pods and walkmans etc.

This clan/cult has a website of which i cannot quite remember.

Another example was the clan/cult met up at trafalgar square for a huge pillow fight.

As its gone on, the clan/cult has increased in numbers and has received major publicity via T.V. and Newspaper.

Can you imagine if Shrimperzone formed a clan/cult and arranged meet ups in different and obscure parts of Essex and London for SUFC sing songs etc.  Just think everyone decked out in SUFC shirts and scarfs etc,
smile.gif
and shrimperzone getting more publicity! Not to mention the friendships that could be made over a beer or three during these meet ups!

Another one i read about involving this cult/clan was a pub crawl round every station of the circle line (last man standing)
smile.gif

All shrimperzone members could wear name badges

I know it's a silly thought, but very funny!

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!

We had the "City Shrimpers" meet-ups a few years ago. I remember one particularly successful one in the sports bar in Wallbrook near Cannon Street Station and another decidely weird evening in The King's Arms in Wormwood Street with a certain CS Wickford!

WS

Obviously I wouldn't be able to attend them anymore!

WS

wink.gif

and of course all are welcome, and to save you from meeting the General he is the one who dribbles whilst playing the Fruit machine by the Ladies toilets.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 17 2005,23:33)]and of course all are welcome, and to save you from meeting the General he is the one who dribbles whilst playing the Fruit machine by the Ladies toilets.  
oops.gif
Yeah sounds about right!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 17 2005,23:33)]and of course all are welcome, and to save you from meeting the General he is the one who dribbles whilst playing the Fruit machine by the Ladies toilets.  
oops.gif
I might have to turn up to the Spread one night. I've never seen Kev dribble.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Jan. 17 2005,21:22)]Can you imagine if Shrimperzone formed a clan/cult and arranged meet ups in different and obscure parts of Essex for SUFC sing songs etc.  Just think everyone decked out in SUFC shirts and scarfs etc,
smile.gif
and shrimperzone getting more publicity!  Not to mention the friendships that could be made over a beer or three during these meet ups!
There is an opportunity to do this most Sunday morning's but we've struggled to get a double figure fan base so far.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

TTK - I think you're talking about "Flash Mobs"... where a group of people suddenly turn up, apparently unannounced, and all do something odd together. Last one was a Flash Santa Mob, where everyone turned up at Victoria on a Saturday before Christmas dressed as Santa.

Don't see the attraction of it, myself...

As for a "City Shrimpers"... well up for that! Might try to arrange one in the next couple of weeks...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 18 2005,09:56)]As for a "City Shrimpers"... well up for that!  Might try to arrange one in the next couple of weeks...

Matt
W4 Shrimper could make that....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Jan. 18 2005,10:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 18 2005,09:56)]As for a "City Shrimpers"... well up for that!  Might try to arrange one in the next couple of weeks...

Matt
W4 Shrimper could make that....
As a 'Docklands Shrimper' I'd certainly be up for that....let's get something sorted!

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>W1 Shrimper should be there too.

If TTK&#39;s there though, I&#39;ll have to make sure I wear my Silver shirt...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 18 2005,13:22)]How about Fri 11 Feb... hopefully, my current work spate should have abated a little by then...

rock.gif

Matt
Not coming to the Sc**thorpe game then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 18 2005,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 18 2005,13:22)]How about Fri 11 Feb... hopefully, my current work spate should have abated a little by then...

rock.gif

Matt
Not coming to the Sc**thorpe game then?
Well, yes... but then not everyone goes to the Spread or the Shrimpers Bar (e.g. you - you&#39;re too busy).

Could hold it on Fri 4 Feb, though, I s&#39;pose...

What do people think?

rock.gif

Matt

Back