• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone F.C - Need new players

The General

The Mouse (*)
Good afternoon all,

This is an appeal to those "newer" posters who are now lurking about who may not know that ShrimperZone has its very own Sunday league football side ... called ShrimperZone F.C. Original, huh!? As you can see from my signature, i have the "honour" of being manager of the "first" team (as well as being the secretary!) for the forthcoming season and we will be playing in the Sceptre League Division Two. We also have a second team who will be in Div 5 and the third team in Div 7, so we cater for all types of ability. If you fancy getting back into football, or perhaps switching sides, this is your PERFECT chance. We train every Wednesday at PlayFootball.com (Chase School opposite Southend hospital) from 9-10pm so if you fancy it, get along tomorrow evening and make yourself known. From this Sunday, we have 5 weeks of pre-seasons friendlies over at Cupids, so if you want to get involved then leave a message below or send me a PM. We have had some players leave/show a lack of interest over the summer and if we dont recruit another 5-8 bodies, we could well be going down to two sides and that is something we dont want to happen, as it will be a backwards step for the club!

Cheers,

Kev

I've been meaning to get back in to playing football, but my fitness would be terrible, and i'm awful now..

is there a chance of coming along next week? one day is very short notice!

I've been meaning to get back in to playing football, but my fitness would be terrible, and i'm awful now..

is there a chance of coming along next week? one day is very short notice!

No problem. As i say, we will be training every weds, 9-10, so feel free to come along whenever you fancy!

Kev

Dude we have players that have been playing for us for years an there still unfit an awful lol , don't let that worry you. How many do ya think we will have for next season so far kev ?

Dude we have players that have been playing for us for years an there still unfit an awful lol , don't let that worry you. How many do ya think we will have for next season so far kev ?

We have had a few from this board come along lately which is good to see, but we still need a few more to ensure we have enough to fill 3 teams next season and cope with injuries and people getting old! From now on all training is more football based, and sundays are just matches, so those that have come along to one or two that maybe didn't like the running, are welcome to come back. Get in touch with the general if you fancy training tomorrow or playing in a match on sunday!

Was thinking of popping down tomorow to see what its all about lol just need to know age groups etc of the team dont fancy being the grandad of the team

I could well be up to playing football once again, sadly as far as ability goes is another matter! How much is it for the training sessions pitch hire at the chase?

Remember 9-10 at the chase tonight if anyone fancies it. We should be easy enough to spot with the Southend or shrimperzone tops on!

Jimmy,

Thanks for coming along this evening and hope you enjoyed it and were made to feel welcome. Your side won 3 out of 3 IIRC so you must have done something right! Send me a PM with your mobile number and ill be in touch regarding next week as have noted down you busy working this Sunday!

Cheers

Kev

Really considering it now, just need to know what to bring next wednesday and I reckon I'll be there..

Back