• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Opinion Poll

Who are you voting for in the Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Green

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other/Independent

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Not voting

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
As we're just over three weeks away from the election and we're hearing about opinion polls every day, thought it would be interesting to gauge the opinion of the SZ community. Don't worry - it's anonymous! Results will be passed to BBC News.

As we're just over three weeks away from the election and we're hearing about opinion polls every day, thought it would be interesting to gauge the opinion of the SZ community. Don't worry - it's anonymous! Results will be passed to BBC News.

The colours are wrong.

I would be very surprised as we live in a general Tory stronghold area if they didn't win this vote easily..

I have learnt one thing from The Zone during these past few weeks on Politics, you can have views but it is doubtful you will ever make any difference to what is Tory Land and their mindset.

I think it goes both ways Cricko, there's plenty of Labour and UKIP supporters on here who are pretty entrenched in their views.

It would also be interesting to see how we compare to the rest of the population. If we happen to mirror it exactly then maybe the mods/owners could market Shimperzone for opinion poll duties in future. This could be the start of something big!

I would be very surprised as we live in a general Tory stronghold area if they didn't win this vote easily..

I have learnt one thing from The Zone during these past few weeks on Politics, you can have views but it is doubtful you will ever make any difference to what is Tory Land and their mindset.

"We" don't all live in it though and there are many posters from equally solid Labour strongholds. Showing as pretty even at the moment which is what I would expect.

The two NON VOTERS need to stop fence sitting and join the world - it is a DUTY to vote - it might be a crock of ***** etc BUT if they are really that dis-interested then that is a sad shame.

In fairness are the views of those in 'Tory Land' going to alter your mindset? From viewing the politics forum over the last few weeks it seems each side are as entrenched in their views. It's a pity, especially given the shower of **** we have to choose between as our main parties? I can't see how anyone can trust any of them.

I live in Labour land as Cricko would put it and frankly a duck with a red rosette would walk it around here. Just like those nasty tory people in Cricko land the folk around here are equally up their own backsides and wouldn't vote for anyone else as their Father,Grandfather,Great Grandfather, Milkman etc all voted the same. I'm undecided at present and may not even vote. But if I do, it will be my business.

I live in Labour land as Cricko would put it and frankly a duck with a red rosette would walk it around here. Just like those nasty tory people in Cricko land the folk around here are equally up their own backsides and wouldn't vote for anyone else as their Father,Grandfather,Great Grandfather, Milkman etc all voted the same.

Exactly right. There are strongholds of either colour in different places across the land.

I wonder how many are voting for their actual MP rather than the party of leader? My MP is Stella Creasy and by all accounts is a decent honest MP. Will I vote for her? probably not (she'll walk it anyway) but she remains the only candidate I know anything about and her local record is good. Problem I see though is that a vote for Creasy (who as I say is doing a decent job) is a vote for Miliband (who I think will f*** it up) so I don't vote for a good MP - bizzare really.

I wonder how many are voting for their actual MP rather than the party of leader? My MP is Stella Creasy and by all accounts is a decent honest MP. Will I vote for her? probably not (she'll walk it anyway) but she remains the only candidate I know anything about and her local record is good. Problem I see though is that a vote for Creasy (who as I say is doing a decent job) is a vote for Miliband (who I think will f*** it up) so I don't vote for a good MP - bizzare really.

This really comes down to what are you voting for. Are you voting for the leader, the party (and its policies) or the local MP? Unfortunately we seem to be going down the American route of deciding who to vote for based on party leaders. Personally I think that is wrong, but I also feel I am as guilty as the next (wo)man.

Really we should be voting for either the local MP or the party. The leader is really an irrelevance since the party can change their leader at any time, as the tories did when Thatcher went, and Labour did when Blair went.

Back