• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Player Sponsorship for the new season. ShrimperZone Player Sponsorship 2022-23 Jake Hyde ALL SOLD

Cricko - 1 share PAID
Shrimpergarry- 1 Share PAID
BILLERICAY BLUE - 2 shares PAID
Flinty- 2 shares
Prawn- 1 share PAID (7)
ColinMorrisWalksOnWater - 1 share PAID
Dorsetshrimper- 1 share PAID
Westcliff Shrimper - 1 share PAID
Microbe - 1 share PAID
Anniemay7 - 1 share PAID
annie1954 - 1 share PAID (13)
Jay_SUFC 1 share PAID
weststandpillar - 1 share PAID
Chaucer - 1 share PAID
manor15 - 1 share PAID (17)
CV Shrimper - 1 share PAID
RHB - 1 share PAID
Sensei Phil - 1 share PAID
FBM - 2 shares PAID
The Big Dady 1 share PAID
YB - 1 share PAID
Lavender Blue 2 shares PAID (26)
VinnyVinson - 1 share PAID
Tribal Chief- 1 share PAID
Spiff - 2 shares PAID (30)
Sammy Shrimper- 2 shares PAID
Dodts- 1 share PAID
Gt Yarmouth Shrimper- 1 share PAID
Massimo Giovanni- 1 share PAID
Rattus Norvitugus - 1 share PAID (36)
Tinks - 1 share. PAID
B.B The Legend Lives On - 1 share PAID
OldBlueLady - 1 share (39) PAID
archibald - 1 share PAID
Darren-webb - 1 share PAID
geoffmundo - 1 share PAID (42)

Last edited:
And we are done, all sold in less than 24 hours, great stuff people. We will do the draw a bit closer to next season.

When talking to the club I did add a little sentence about another possible player... Well you never know. :Smile:

To: James Ball <James.Ball@southend-united.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Player Sponsorship

Oh and if by some miracle we get Lopata to sign on loan for the season I want first dibs on him please. ?

Last edited:
Gotta say, I think the choice of Sam Dolby was excellent for SZ to get behind John, if not a masterstroke!

A player that had a flying start to his career at Borient, then gets picked up by a higher div team as a youngster, another big move, but doesn't make the break through and seemingly cast off. and set adrift.

Hopefully the above can act as a motivator to some of our players that were released that this is not the end, but could open up future opportunities.

I have to pay credit to PB and his team at the time for picking him up. (Credit where credit is due).

Sam said something along the lines of he never felt like he had a footballing "home" so far in his career. I believe in one of his interviews.

So in his first season he picks up Young Player of the Year and ends up as top scorer.

he is a great supporting forward and holds up and lays off the ball very intelligently. Still young and with some coaching and belief, with the possibility of advice from Stan if wanted, I think we have a real gem here.

And now he has the visible backing of the Zone behind him, which will show him that he is tangibly appreciated here, if he didn't know that anyway.

This can only be win win for All of us and a demonstration of how the support of fans can contribute to on the field confidence and the whole club benefits.

Back