• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Naps said, im sure Snowy, B, GNH, Andee, Colin etc... will chip in!!
tounge.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ May 23 2004,13:04)]I'll chip in

What do you actually do when sponsoring a player? Do you just pay him a certain amount or do you pay him when he does certain things like scoring or keeping a clean sheet? I reckon we should do Gower.
You actually sponsor the player's shirt (home or away). Take a look at the back of one of the matchday magazines. In recent seasons, when a player scores, the PA announcer tends to add the sponsors name, i.e. "the second Southend goal was scored by Neil Jenkins, sponsored by ShrimperZone." At the end of the season, you get to meet your sponsored player who will hand over a signed shirt (home or away). In the past we have put the name of everyone who provided the cash to sponsor the player into a hat and drawn out one winner who got to meet the player in question and kept the signed shirt. Therefore it's important that everyone donates the same amount of cash; and the more people who pledge, the cheaper the donation ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 23 2004,14:37)]Therefore it's important that everyone donates the same amount of cash; and the more people who pledge, the cheaper the donation ...

WS
Though that's not a problem from this end, maybe there are younger contributers who cannot afford the 20 or even 10 quid that will be asked. let us say that they can afford a fiver. Perhaps you could issue a "shares" type scenario. If I put in £20 quid I get 4 shares and hence four tickets for the draw. Just a thought and the logistics could be a bit of a problem. Nothing an excel spreadsheet couldn't solve?
Only an idea, just in case others want to join in but can't afford the sweet money etc.

Anyway, the way the list is building it'll be loose change from the back of the sofa before we know it
biggrin.gif

I've put an request over on the SZFC Board to try and get those tight-wads, who have yet to donate some money, to do so ...

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you get to meet your sponsored player who will hand over a signed shirt (home or away)

More likely you get an invite to the sponsors evening in July sometime where the players huddle together talking to each other waiting for the nod to vamoose. Then you go to someone from Commercial and ask for the shirt of the player that you sponsored. They will rummage about in a cardboard box and then give you a carrier bag containing your signed shirt.

There may be scope for doing it a bit better
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 24 2004,08:35)]not true Terence - myself, Scriv and Mike had a very long, interesting chat with Jenks last year - top bloke!
Just about to say ...

Last year plenty of players were having chats with their respective sponsors; I was pleasantly surprised ...

WS

UPDATE : 24 MAY 2004

So we have the following who have pledged to contribute :

1. Andu
2. Andy_S
3. Artful Shrimper
4. Barmy Army
5. Beefy
6. Benfleetshrimp
7. Bigdel
8. Billericay Blue
9. chadded
10. Dreams
11. Durera
12. East Stand Drummer Boy
13. Fiftyone
14. The General
15. Greenelk
16. Hockley Hobbit
17. Javea Shrimper
18. Leeboy
19. Lookwell
20. Mini-Fitz
21. moneypit23
22. MrB
23. Napster
24. overseas shrimper
25. pboreham
26. shrimboy
27. ShrimperJim
28. Southend Utd Fan
29. Smudger
30. steveh1510
31. sufcintheprem
32. SUFC_Spike
33. Surrey Blue
34. TerryintheWest
35. Upminster Blue
36. Yorkshire Blue

It's looking like less than a tenner each at the moment. The share of the funds is coming down the more people we get. Hockley Hobbit has graciously offered to collect all the cash as and when we confirm that we're going ahead. More details to follow. (Maybe MOLEY or someone at the Commercial Department might let SZ know who would be available. Andy Edwards perhaps?)

We could do with a few more pledges though ...

WS

Obviously who you can sponsor is limited at the moment because previous sponsors get first refusal and we don't know who's going to be at the club next season yet.

I will hopefully be getting the list as to who had know sponsor last year tomorrow and I'll let you all know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]not true Terence

Lee-boy,  It must have drastically improved last year then (I can't remember if I went or not). However on the three previous occasions the only player I saw trying to find his sponsor(s) and thank them was McSweeney. The rest stood next to the bar.

Was Shrimperzone called up to be presented with the signed shirt by Jenks?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 24 2004,19:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]not true Terence

Lee-boy,  It must have drastically improved last year then (I can't remember if I went or not). However on the three previous occasions the only player I saw trying to find his sponsor(s) and thank them was McSweeney. The rest stood next to the bar.

Was Shrimperzone called up to be presented with the signed shirt by Jenks?
wink.gif
Last year was in the Shrimpers Bar; they forgot to invite us but we turned up anyway. The year before that was at Boots and Laces; the players were still quite receptive to the sponsors.

WS

By the way lads noit sure of this years prices off the top of my head (will check tomorrow) but last season shirt sponsorship was £300+VAT for home or away or 500+VAT for both.

Dave

Dave, please mail me with all the details tomorrow.

Chaps, at the moment we're looking at just under a tenner each. Hopefully Snowy et al will contribute as well so the price is dropping all the time. Meanwhile I think, to help out the young'uns, we might look at adopting Artful Shrimper's "share option" idea.

More news soon ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 24 2004,22:09)]Dave, please mail me with all the details tomorrow.

Chaps, at the moment we're looking at just under a tenner each. Hopefully Snowy et al will contribute as well so the price is dropping all the time. Meanwhile I think, to help out the young'uns, we might look at adopting Artful Shrimper's "share option" idea.

More news soon ...

WS
Mike, I'll email you and Leeboy my thoughts first thing tomorrow am.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back