• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update ShrimperZone's 21st Birthday.

Being apart of this site and then the successfully run football club (in my humble opinion!) has been one of my greatest pleasures in life. Met hundreds of people IRL from this site, either on purpose or by accident. Some of those have been friends and still are friends and see more of each in non footballing matters. From playing football on terrible pitches on a Sunday morning, to watching us winning the Rugby WC Final in the Spread at a very early hour, spending thousands and thousands of pounds watching games home and away, to going away on holidays and going thru the highs and lows together, its been a journey. My trips to the Hall are non-existant at the moment (by choice!) but will always keeping my eyes peeled, be it on here or twitter!

Kev

I remember the early days of 2002 and although my username says 2007 I forgot my password from my previous username , think it was Shrimper Magic .
I try to log on once a day to catch up on all things SUFC and haven’t missed too many in the past to be fair

Keep up the good work all

Been around since day 1 and made a lot of good friends and getting heavily involved in SZFC. Only tend to pop on as and when these days but still where I come to find out what’s going on with the club.

Have some pics from earlier days.

The first SZ kick about that led to the club being formed:
View attachment 18262

Winning the league cup
View attachment 18263

Sunrise to sunset charity match, which raised £10,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital

View attachment 18264

Random City Shrimpers night out
View attachment 18265
Best put me near the back next time.
I’m taking up the whole photo! ?

The Yahoo Group was where it all started for me .....with Bob Sills, Hugh Cumberland, Robin etc. I believe this was back in around 96?
I seem to recall there being around 30 odd people in that group.
If I remember correctly the GOONS prediction league all started following some accurate scoreline predictions I used to give on a Friday night prior to the game!
Well done John and the Mods on producing and sustaining such a fantastic forum.
I was in the Yahoo mailing group back in 1997...

I have literally grown up on this forum, I believe I moved over from shrimpers.net the day this forum opened in 2001? Then there was a reformat or something and it all started again from October 2003.
Made friends for life through SZ some really wonderful people. I have also wound up and ****ed off quite a few in that time, however even some of them have become friends like @The Big Shrimp for example I’m sure he won’t mind me saying!
Such sayings as “steak meal?” Were given their birth, not to mention the love hate relationship with @OldBlueLady played out live on here ?

When I look at other clubs forums you really get a feel how strong SZ is as a community, looking at clubs in league 1 and 2 we have many more members than most, that’s a testimony to all that have built this forum and made it the place it is. I owe you all thanks for that!
Lastly sorry to anybody I ****ed off in the past, love you all really ?

Here is to the future of the zone and the TrueBlue that lays within ?

Last edited:
I have literally grown up on this forum, I believe I moved over from shrimpers.net the day this forum opened in 2001? Then there was a reformat or something and it all started again from October 2003.
Made friends for life through SZ some really wonderful people. I have also wound up and ****ed off quite a few in that time, however even some of them have become friends like @The Big Shrimp for example I’m sure he won’t mind me saying!
Such sayings as “steak meal?” Were given their birth, not to mention the love hate relationship with @OldBlueLady played out live on here ?
Lol, God, you were awful to me at times back then - I still have THAT conversation on Facebook stored somewhere, so rude!

Wasn't there also a "fish supper" and something to do with couscous?!!!

Lol, God, you were awful to me at times back then - I still have THAT conversation on Facebook stored somewhere, so rude!

Wasn't there also a "fish supper" and something to do with couscous?!!!
Yeah well that’s not me anymore we all have to grow up at some point, I guess that backs up what I said about being on SZ for over 20 years, when I joined I was 14/15 years old lol

So the chat up options were…
Fish supper
Couscous brunch
Steak meal
Kipper breakfast
?

P.s it’s never too late Kay ??

Yeah well that’s not me anymore we all have to grow up at some point, I guess that backs up what I said about being on SZ for over 20 years, when I joined I was 14/15 years old lol

So the chat up options were…
Fish supper
Couscous brunch
Steak meal
Kipper breakfast
?

P.s it’s never too late Kay ??

Didn't you donate the components of a steak meal to be won in a SZ raffle one year? I'm sure I remember someone being really happy about receiving a legendary steak meal from TrueBlue... :Winking:

Didn't you donate the components of a steak meal to be won in a SZ raffle one year? I'm sure I remember someone being really happy about receiving a legendary steak meal from TrueBlue... :Winking:
???? yes!!! Totally forgot about that, can’t remember who it was, what I do know is it did not move me to second base ?

Last edited:
Back