• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Just a bit of fun, it's election time and Shrimperzone has evolved into a national and global beast. The decision has been taken to field a candidate to fight every seat in the country and the opinion polls suggest a landslide for us. We have no elected leader but in anticipation that we will be in power, who amongst us will be taking the top jobs. So who do we want for the following.

Chancellor
Home Secretary
Foreign Secretary
Defence Secretary
Work & Pensions Secretary
Health Secretary

Nominations are for these jobs, not Leader of the party and thus Prime Minister in waiting although suggestions can be made if you must. Also you are allowed one suggestion for a new department.

Mine are as follows -

Chancellor - Neil F, for his amazing grasp of economics
Home Secretary - Rusty Shackleford, firm but fair
Foreign Secretary - Berricone Shrimper because he lives in France
Defence Secretary - Mad Cyril, he takes no ****
Work & Pensions Secretary - Yorkshire Blue, sensible and clever old stick
Health Secretary - Pubey, he knows about such things

My new department suggestion would be the Ministry for Chief Cook & Bottle Washer incorporating Tea Trolly Boy ably headed up by BarnaBlue.

Just a bit of fun, it's election time and Shrimperzone has evolved into a national and global beast. The decision has been taken to field a candidate to fight every seat in the country and the opinion polls suggest a landslide for us. We have no elected leader but in anticipation that we will be in power, who amongst us will be taking the top jobs. So who do we want for the following.

Chancellor
Home Secretary
Foreign Secretary
Defence Secretary
Health Secretary

Nominations are for these jobs, not Leader of the party and thus Prime Minister in waiting although suggestions can be made if you must. Also you are allowed one suggestion for a new department.

Mine are as follows -

My new department suggestion would be the Ministry for Chief Cook & Bottle Washer incorporating Tea Trolly Boy ably headed up by BarnaBlue.

I'd like to nominate Wino for Transport as he'd get the trains to run on time, at half the price and improve the catering; and Matt the Shrimp as Lord Chancellor 'cos he knows his law and he's too posh for the Commons.

ps Less of the old, I'm the second youngest in what is a relatively youthful cabinet!

Chancellor
Home Secretary
Foreign Secretary
Defence Secretary
Health Secretary

Mine are as follows -

Not OBL as Home Secretary? A woman's place and all that

*scurries off to hide before the inevitable fall out*

I'm honoured!

We need a Malcolm Tucker-esque Director of Comms.

I'm honoured!

We need a Malcolm Tucker-esque Director of Comms.

OnionBagDave would be the man to put a positive spin on everything, but I'd love to see Mad Cyril in the Communications role with maybe GHG taking the defence brief with chadded being the junior minister for penguin protection.

Cricko working under YB in Work And Pensions as Minister for the Aged. He has a perfect insight in to the issues facing OAPs.

Cricko working under YB in Work And Pensions as Minister for the Aged. He has a perfect insight in to the issues facing OAPs.

Funnily enough, I was going to suggest Cricko (Pensions) and McNasty (Work) as my junior ministers.

I think Permanent Secretary to the Cabinet is a far better post than any of them. You become a politician, lose an election, you're the Opposition in Exile. You become a civil servant, no matter how the election goes, you're the Opposition in Residence. Much more fun.

I think Permanent Secretary to the Cabinet is a far better post than any of them. You become a politician, lose an election, you're the Opposition in Exile. You become a civil servant, no matter how the election goes, you're the Opposition in Residence. Much more fun.

Someone's been watching Yes Prime minister! :winking:

Someone's been watching Yes Prime minister! :winking:

The present incumbent in that role is having a whale of a time playing Gideon and IDS off against each other. They really is no love lost there thanks to civil service briefings.

Edit - and just think of the fun that was going on in Whitehall during the Blair / Brown years. I wouldn't be surprised that the 'New Labour' tag was an idea whispered by a civil servant into politician's ears as a source of amusement.

Anyway, yep, head of the Civil Service for me.

Last edited:
Back