• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Currently the 4th most read story on the BBC website!

I had to do a double-take when I scrolled down the BBC sports homepage and saw him just under a photo of Joe Root but a couple of photos above Muhammad Ali.

Also well done to the club for offering a signed ball. They could have gone for the obvious offer of the signed shirt which would be easy to fit in the suitcase, but they instead showed originality by not going down the Bieber route and instead offering something impractical.

I had to do a double-take when I scrolled down the BBC sports homepage and saw him just under a photo of Joe Root but a couple of photos above Muhammad Ali.

Also well done to the club for offering a signed ball. They could have gone for the obvious offer of the signed shirt which would be easy to fit in the suitcase, but they instead showed originality by not going down the Bieber route and instead offering something impractical.
Yes, ball ain't going to work. I'd be happy if I could get a signed team photo though. Get it framed and up on the wall at home.

Yes, ball ain't going to work. I'd be happy if I could get a signed team photo though. Get it framed and up on the wall at home.

I got one of them from the season we won this division under Tilly. It's currently on the wall in our spare room/study. If you do get one, then be sure the glass in the frame is non-reflective so that the autographs don't fade over time.

Before I nodded off last night I heard his story mentioned on radio5 live as a basis for telephone discussion on what lengths people have gone to, in attening a sporting event that was cancelled

He said plastic, scouse-loving, attention seeking crap.
Thanks for clarifying that, seems I've been well and truly put in my place. There was me under the false impression it was just a crazy run of events from a single tweet (plus a reply to a journalist who contacted me) all completely unsolicited by myself. Obviously other social media is just an echo chamber for not providing any negative feedback and seeing it as just that. Good old ShrimperZone though and fellow Southend fans for a reality check & keeping my feet on the ground.

Thank You

Thanks for clarifying that, seems I've been well and truly put in my place. There was me under the false impression it was just a crazy run of events from a single tweet (plus a reply to a journalist who contacted me) all completely unsolicited by myself. Obviously other social media is just an echo chamber for not providing any negative feedback and seeing it as just that. Good old ShrimperZone though and fellow Southend fans for a reality check & keeping my feet on the ground.

Thank You

You are more than welcome.

Back