• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I am that some of you have heard the news that amongst the Shrimper's travelling army yesterday was our very own Ron Manager who has flown back to see his family from Brisbane, Australia.

When the news of the match's postponement was announced the interweb was flooded with messages about Andrew's efforts coming over 10,000 miles , getting to the ground and finding the match called off.

He was approached by a journalist from the Sun who was told when asked for an interview "Thanks but no thanks #JFT96".

This has made the local Liverpool papers where Andy is now a hero and been offered tickets to Liverpool's match on Boxing Day ----- surely that match can't compete with his planned visit to Colchester --- can it ?

I am that some of you have heard the news that amongst the Shrimper's travelling army yesterday was our very own Ron Manager who has flown back to see his family from Brisbane, Australia.

When the news of the match's postponement was announced the interweb was flooded with messages about Andrew's efforts coming over 10,000 miles , getting to the ground and finding the match called off.

He was approached by a journalist from the Sun who was told when asked for an interview "Thanks but no thanks #JFT96".

This has made the local Liverpool papers where Andy is now a hero and been offered tickets to Liverpool's match on Boxing Day ----- surely that match can't compete with his planned visit to Colchester --- can it ?

Seen all the media on the story. Did Andy used to be heavily involved in the running of the away coaches back in the early 90's? He looks very familiar

12376818_998026313576868_6173274806656086079_n.jpg

Seen all the media on the story. Did Andy used to be heavily involved in the running of the away coaches back in the early 90's? He looks very familiar

Andy used to travel on the Paul Holland coaches and has been a fan since he was very young.

He escaped to Oz about 6 years ago.

If he was flying back to see his family anyway, he's not flown 10,000 miles just for a Southend game?

Good story about The Sun though.

If he was flying back to see his family anyway, he's not flown 10,000 miles just for a Southend game?

Absolutely, agree 100% That's why the original tweet about that was very tongue in cheek. But then it just went crazily viral.

He is here for a few weeks and will be watching several games.

I am not sure if he is here to visit family or to watch SUFC games --- but I have an idea.

Andy used to travel on the Paul Holland coaches and has been a fan since he was very young.

He escaped to Oz about 6 years ago.

Then I do remember Andy. Always loud and at the forefront on the coaches, hence why I thought he was part of the set up. Top bloke

Good old Sun, most popular paper in UK still got a story and not a bad read on page 25:winking:

Can't trust him to go to a simple away game without causing trouble. Hope to see you at the Bury game Andy, if i can get past your entourage of course :winking:

Good on you!

Better ****ing not do!

Then I do remember Andy. Always loud and at the forefront on the coaches, hence why I thought he was part of the set up. Top bloke

That's the first thought I had when I saw the picture too. I definitely remember Ron Manager/Andy from a bunch of games in the mid-90s especially.

Back