• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpled

Director⭐
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockin'_All_Over_the_World

"The song is now a Southend United anthem after they began singing "Shrimping All Over the World" after the 2004 Football League Trophy final"

I don't remember this... although I know Wikipedia is incredibly unreliable.

Anyway, we don't have an 'anthem' as such and I wonder how good this did sound or indeed would sounds under the North Bank roof?

First I've heard.

Still, I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, I la la la like it....

They've got this wrong. The Southend terrace anthem for years has been "I'm Free" by The Soup Dragons although the words are:

Don't be afraid of Keith Dublin! Keith Dublin!
I'm Free, to do what I want, any old time
I said I'm free, to see the Blues, any old time
(I say) We Love Mark Bentley, We love Mark Bentley
'Cos I'm free to do what I want, Johnny Neilson.
And I'm free to think about about Andy Rammell, to slag off Stephen Hammell--any old time,
(but) We Love Mark Bentley, We love Mark Bentley
'Cos I'm free

There's also a cool Southend version of Bob's Yer Uncle, renamed 'Rob's Yer Uncle' (about Rob Newman). Not sung so much these days but was massive around 97.

They (The tannoy system) played 'Rocking all over the world' after the players paraded the play off final trophy, sadly no adapted version :'(

Anything has to be better than the "Hey baby" goal music. My god, that is utterly embarrassing.

Scott, sort it.

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see Tes Bramble score
Lala lalalalalala

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see Tes Bramble score
Lala lalalalalala

You may have a point on this one looking at the other lyrics, they seem to run true. PS would like it too.

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time when I'm with you.