• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrove Tuesday today

To pancake or not?

• No, can't stand them

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Yes, I'll be using packet ones

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, I'll be making my own

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Lemon and Sugar

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Syrup (golden/maple)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other sweet topping

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other topping (why would you?!)

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Obviously very few people will actually even be considering the whys and wherefores about the reasons behind Shrove Tuesday, but who will be getting the old frying pan out later on and if so what's your preferred topping?

I'm a traditional lemon and sugar type, but then many of you probably guessed that!

Blimey, I had no idea it was Shrove Tuesday today. As fate goes, I actually had pancakes for breakfast on Saturday. Won't be making any tonight, though. My girlfriend is working 'til late and I'll be at The Hall.

I am hoping the old dear cooks some up after me and the old man return from the match but as this as likely as Matt Harrold one day playing in the prem than i feel for the 3rd year running i will go without again!

oliver2.jpg

tinned cherries and vanilla ice cream in mine please OBL

lemon and sugar is the old faithful though, can't go wrong!

You know it amazes me when I see people buying pancake mix in the supermarkets.

How fuggin' lazy is that?

Anyone got a recipe? Already have sugar and Lemons for the topping! Told i need eggs but would need confirmation on that also!

Anyone got a recipe? Already have sugar and Lemons for the topping! Told i need eggs but would need confirmation on that also!

for you, you'll need about 400 eggs...

4oz flour
2 oz butter
2 eggs
200ml milk

mix it all up and enjoy!

As much as I love the traditional sweet toppings on the pancakes (lemon and sugar, jam, chocolate spread) you really cant beat a nice savoury filling. Ham and cheese is an easy choice but my personal favourite ive tried was roasted peppers and goats cheese

As much as I love the traditional sweet toppings on the pancakes (lemon and sugar, jam, chocolate spread) you really cant beat a nice savoury filling. Ham and cheese is an easy choice but my personal favourite ive tried was roasted peppers and goats cheese

spinach and goats cheese is lovely

Exactly Tootie, which always leaves me wondering why as a nation do we tend to only eat Pancakes one Tuesday every year.

Pancakes are simple to make and are so versatile. I held a Pancake Dinner party once, as I got challenged to come up with one major aspect that could be used in every course.

Back