• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrubs being cut back at Fossetts

Latest docs (one posted yesterday) on Rochford website are 2 letters from Essex County Council saying they do not have enough information to assess surface water drainage strategy - and so they recommend a 'holding objection'. It's a bit odd though, the dates on the letters are from 2020, the 'you ref' refers to a different planning application, although the subject heading is correct.
A clear case of the thoroughness of local government in action. Some of the stuff that comes out of local government in errors you'd like to think even the echo with their limited numbers would pick up stuff like that.

Yes, I read that too. It’s a weird one - only just uploaded but clearly an old letter.
I'm not sure - I think the subject is the revised planning application for the temporary training ground buildings, so the letters can't be written in 2020 as the application wasn't submitted then!

Sort of but not really related - How Old is Ron? If as we believe he is going to make Millions from the stadium being built etc. surely he needs to get a shift on or else he will be dead before it is finished! If I was him I would be busting my B*lls to get it done ASAP but he seems to be doing the opposite - really don't understand!
I think it’s more about the future generations. His family will be some of the biggest landlords in Southend. Imo that’s what drives him. The power that comes with all that and of course the financial stability whether that makes you happy I don’t know

Yet again, speculation, speculation and more speculation, and why? Because the club continues to tell us fans nothing.

I'm thinking RM gets a perverse pleasure out of it all, reading these posts while sitting in his volcanic lair, stroking his white cat on his lap.

Last edited:
Because once again RM moved the goalposts. Tom told me last July we would be using the training ground by March of this year.

Now, I may be wrong but I have a feeling that that particular change was because the management team did not want to disrupt the players' regime while we were doing so well. Of course, matters in hand have kind of overtaken that, but that is what I believe was the case.

Now, I may be wrong but I have a feeling that that particular change was because the management team did not want to disrupt the players' regime while we were doing so well. Of course, matters in hand have kind of overtaken that, but that is what I believe was the case.
I think that was Kev's preference later in the season, but irrelevant really as we still haven't got full planning. Let's hope these final plans get us over the line.

Starting pre season would be the best idea now, so all hinges on Rochford council and our June date for FF i guess.

What is annoying is that everything is half **** ..Temporary cabins at the training ground, 3 sided stadium to start with, it would of been nice to at least get the training ground facilities 100% right from the off.

Are all the houses only having 3 walls to start and a porto loo outside?

Last edited:
What is annoying is that everything is half **** ..Temporary cabins at the training ground, 3 sided stadium to start with, it would of been nice to at least get the training ground facilities 100% right from the off.

Are all the houses only having 3 walls to start and a porto loo outside?
You do talk rubbish sometimes. You know full well they'll have 4 walls and a roof. They'll just be bungalows.

Back