• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
As the title says, i am seriously sick and tiired of everything that goes with SUFC.. walk away? Easy.. or not?

Southend United is my ****ing club, and no one can ever take that away, even 5 foot blonde middle aged men who try.

Today has seriously ****ed me off, from he fact i have to top up 10 pound on a card, so i can consume a 3 pound pint and a 2.50 burger.

The fact my season ticket next year means **** all - as if going by the last 2 games, i would have saved 34 quid already.

Thr fact we have some shocking players, but no alternative to them, due to a **** up at the top that has caused a transfer embargo... Also, surely, if players had all bene paid etc, this would have gone?

But what really ****ed me off today, more than anything, is the constant **** soudning out of pricks on here, and at Roots Hall, blaming SUFC's most succesful manager in recent, if not, total history.

This man, is a hero as far as i am concerned. How many other professional football managers would stick with a club that cannot pay wages, cannot sign players, he is constantly undermined by his employer, he has been given the equivilant of a set of tesco value tools, which i used to buy my dad on father's day.

And there are people, with the cheek, still blaming him for the downfall of this club?

Sorry, but that's utter bollox...

"Change it around tilly!!"

Change what around? Their ****ing shirt numbers?

You're having a laugh..

One man has successfully destroyed 4 years of great work, in 6 short months..

Long term goals still require short term success you ....

You have lost my season ticket for next season, and you have lost the ****ing plot..

I will never go into work on a Monday, and pretend to support united or chelsea, and claim my team are going to win the premiership, that's too ****ing easy.. I prefer to bleed, sweat and sing for Southend, and sorry, that isn't gonna change.. I will support this team - but i will not support this shambles of a club, run by a shambles of a chairman.

Ron, you can seriously stuff your season ticket, your shares... you are responsible - and hopefully your time will come, and you will be held accountable.. when the those who still believe in your superior powers realise what you've done..

You are deluded.. listening to you on the radio was pathetic, you have given Tilson button's to work with.. and to be honest, it's a miracle he's been able to make a cardigan out of them, not a very good one.. but one that's still brought you in revenue so you can invest in your dream of a new stadium..

That's it, i've finished for now... i suggest Tilson does the right thing, and tell's RM to shove his club, Tilson deserves the best there is out there, a job that pays, or pays on time, and a job where you can use tools to the right effect.

And please, no bullshite posts about RM doesn't control the financial markets etc etc.. no he doesn't, he control's our football club, and he doesn't do it very well.

Last edited:
As the title says, i am seriously sick and tiired of everything that goes with SUFC.. walk away? Easy.. or not?

Southend United is my ****ing club, and no one can ever take that away, even 5 foot blonde middle aged men who try.

Today has seriously ****ed me off, from he fact i have to top up 10 pound on a card, so i can consume a 3 pound pint and a 2.50 burger.

The fact my season ticket next year means **** all - as if going by the last 2 games, i would have saved 34 quid already.

Thr fact we have some shocking players, but no alternative to them, due to a **** up at the top that has caused a transfer embargo... Also, surely, if players had all bene paid etc, this would have gone?

But what really ****ed me off today, more than anything, is the constant **** soudning out of pricks on here, and at Roots Hall, blaming SUFC's most succesful manager in recent, if not, total history.

This man, is a hero as far as i am concerned. How many other professional football managers would stick with a club that cannot pay wages, cannot sign players, he is constantly undermined by his employer, he has been given the equivilant of a set of tesco value tools, which i used to buy my dad on father's day.

And there are people, with the cheek, still blaming him for the downfall of this club?

You're having a laugh..

Long term goals still require short term success you ****....

You have lost my season ticket for next season, and you have lost the ****ing plot..

I will never go into work on a Monday, and pretend to support united or chelsea, and claim my team are going to win the premiership, that's too ****ing easy.. I prefer to bleed, sweat and sing for Southend, and sorry, that isn't gonna change.. I will support this team - but i will not support this shambles of a club, run by a shambles of a chairman.

Ron, you can seriously stuff your season ticket, your shares, your new ****ing car... you are responsible - and hopefully your time will come, when the ***** who still believe in your superior powers realise what you've done..

You are deluded.. listening to you on the radio was pathetic, you have given Tilson button's to work with.. and to be honest, it's a miracle he's been able to make a cardigan out of them, not a very good one.. but one that's still brought you in revenue so you can invest in your dream of a new stadium..

That's it, i've finished for now... i suggest Tilson does the right thing, and tell's RM to shove his club, Tilson deserves the best there is out there, a job that pays, or pays on time, and a job where you can use tools to the right effect.

And please, no bullshite posts about RM doesn't control the financial markets etc etc.. no he doesn't, he control's our football club, and he doesn't do it very well.

I cannot disagree with a word of that.

You cannot blame a manager who loses his best centre back in the close season, his best centre forward at Christmas.

You cannot blame a manager who had to start the first game with two loanees who had been the club a number of days.

You cannot blame a manager who can only bring in loan players, but not any old loan players, only those players who we don't have to pay.

You cannot blame a manager of a club where morale is so low due to the lack of wages.

You cannot blame a manager who has seen players moved on because we cannot pay them.

You cannot blame a manager who has the most threadbare squad in the Football League.

There is someone you can blame. You can blame. You can blame a man who wants to invest in a stadium, ahead of the team.

I agree with the sentiment about Tilson. Completely. It baffles me that anyone would put the blame on him for a season in which he's had one centre-half on the books since the summer, had to sign loanee after loanee to fill the gaps in the squad caused by players being moved on because the Club can't afford their wages anymore, had his assistant sacked and has been undermined on numerous occasions.

Personally, I'm not really keen on playing the blame game right now anyway. If the money isn't there then it isn't there. Abusing the guy at the top because he can't bankroll us anymore doesn't really achieve anything. I'm less interested in blaming people for this season than I am in seeing what the plans are for next season. Because we can't have another year like this one.

I agree with the sentiment about Tilson. Completely. It baffles me that anyone would put the blame on him for a season in which he's had one centre-half on the books since the summer, had to sign loanee after loanee to fill the gaps in the squad caused by players being moved on because the Club can't afford their wages anymore, had his assistant sacked and has been undermined on numerous occasions.

Personally, I'm not really keen on playing the blame game right now anyway. If the money isn't there then it isn't there. Abusing the guy at the top because he can't bankroll us anymore doesn't really achieve anything. I'm less interested in blaming people for this season than I am in seeing what the plans are for next season. Because we can't have another year like this one.

We shouldn't have had this year in the first place.

Sorry, but when i undertake a project / other work, in my job. I know that rule 1, is, your main job is covered. Any businessman / manager / project manager worth anything knows this, and this is where RM has slipped up..

and abuse? No not abuse, but it's how i feel about him and his actions this season. Fact.

You're having a laugh..

Long term goals still require short term success you ....

Ron, you can seriously stuff your season ticket, your shares... you are responsible - and hopefully your time will come, and you will be held accountable.. when the those who still believe in your superior powers realise what you've done..

We've been here before J and we'll probably be here again in the future, i still think the philosophical thread about whether you'd swap stability in league 2 for 6 years. or the phenomenal 6 years we've had is the way to see things, im just watching rochdale having their first promotion after many, many years, some of the things we've experienced over the last few years couldn't have even been imagined by even the most optimistic fan!

i personally wrote this season off weeks ago, the most essential thing for me and SUFC is that we make a concerted effort for promotion next season, otherwise i feel its back to rotting in league 2 for a long time,

That said i completely agree about tilly, and again I feel at the very least even his detractors should see that (if he wants to stay) the only way he can be fairly judged is next season in league 2 with some kind of budget, stability, and help from a suitable assistant manager. Its a depressing time, thats for damn sure but tbh a crap season next year and crowds of 3-4000 to me is the real end of it.

I'm less interested in blaming people for this season than I am in seeing what the plans are for next season. Because we can't have another year like this one.

Do you really think that we can't have another year like this ???

Once the season is over, loan player gone home what is going to happen with the players that are left. I would guess many will be wanting out and in doing so could bring in some cash and cut the wage bill, just like we couldn't turn done money for Barney (which was claimed on here at the time to be good business sense - maybe not so good now that without him we are heading down). We struggled last summer to get players in so why will it be so different 12 months on after all we will be offering less in wages and will have a bad name with agents with payment.

So please tell me how next season is going to be so different, we will still have to hear how wonderful it will be when the new stadium is built while crap football is played at Roots Hall.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant that we "can't" have another season like this because if we do then we'll be playing Conference football in 2011/2012.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant that we "can't" have another season like this because if we do then we'll be playing Conference football in 2011/2012.

If we cut the wages we pay (eventually?), standard of players, the squad we have got, I am sure the other teams will stand aside while we slide into the Conference - no problem. Yes it is possible to have another crap season.

Of course they won't admit that when they try and flog season tickets in fact they are more likely to come out and say we need a bigger squad (say 21 or 22 players) for next season as that was one of our problems this year.

Back