• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sick of Steve Tilson stick.

DTS

The Business
I am getting so ****ing sick of the stick Steve Tilson is getting.

I think its about time some people remember what Southends favourite son has done for this club

x2 promotions
x2 cup final visits
x1 play off final
Plus holding our own against Man United and Chelsea.
Plus 239 apperances for the blues with twenty six goals.

Tilson is a Southend man and Southend fan. He is at least joint if not the most succesful manager in the HISTORY of this club. He has proven time and time that he is a top class manager and we are so lucky to have him. Many other lesser men would have walked away by now.

We find ourselves in a precarious poistion due to the finances of the club and you can blame Ron or not. But the person not to blame in my book is Tilson. He has very little to work with and cant seem to recruit anyone but to the current finances.

I dont like the current 4-5-1 but as it worked the first time he used it and as we havent exatly picked up a lot of points on the road using the 4-4-2 we all know and prefer so what he tried it. If he didnt some would moan he never changed his tactics. By all means have an opinion but calling for his head is a very dangerous and in my opinion niave move.

Seeing polls up saying should Tilson walk etc....its ****ing bollocks. I hope and pray some on here dont get what they wish for. and who do you think is going to come to a club that has no money and cant pay its staff on time. Do you think you will get someone with Tillys pedigree or someone that bleeds blue for this club.

From his first game until now Steve Tilson has been a Southend man and I for one thank the lord every day we have him.

Rant over.

Well said DtS. It winds me up when people put his acheivements down to luck.

Last edited:
Tilson out .....well I thought I would get in first before the usual suspects.
:thump:

this reminds me of my post earlier today - despair. very much reminds me. take a look.

Despite some posters' comments the vast majority of Zoners know it's not Tilly's fault as he can only work with the players he has got. He may not substitute players early enough for some and his tactics may be suspect sometimes but he has achieved more than other managers have with hardly any money at all.
The blame lies elsewhere methinks.

Agree with everything, apart from the bit about "holding our own against Man U" which is complete tosh. ;)

We are the only League team with a 100% record against Man U. :clap:

I think the blame lies with LdnFasto he is always trying to hound people out of the club.

Anyone saying Tilson should go is very short sighted. Who on earth could do a better job given the limited resourses he has to work with. My worry is Tilson will get fed up with whts going on at the club right now and leave for a club with more going for it, then we really will be in trouble.

Despite some posters' comments the vast majority of Zoners know it's not Tilly's fault as he can only work with the players he has got. He may not substitute players early enough for some and his tactics may be suspect sometimes but he has achieved more than other managers have with hardly any money at all.

Agreed, step forward Martin.

I actually think the sun shines out of tillys bottom..............but 4-5-1 at home to wycombe is poop, and before anyone tells me it was a 4-3-3 (with the ball) rubbish, paterson was so isolated it hurt, scannell and laurent not got the brain to make it work, 4-4-2 is easy peasy

While that may be true to a certain degree i still don't get this constant need for a scapegoat all the time

Ron/Tilly/Scannell/Freedman et al

We are supposed to be Southend UNITED, how about the fans buy into this UNITED thing too ??

I completely agree. If anything this is the time that we should all be rallying around Tilson showing him that he has our full support. A few pro-Tilson chants at the Swindon game would not go amiss.

I think its about time some people remember what Southends favourite son has done for this club

x2 promotions
x2 cup final visits
x1 play off final

Tilson is a Southend man and Southend fan. He is at least joint if not the most succesful manager in the HISTORY of this club. He has proven time and time that he is a top class manager and we are so lucky to have him. Many other lesser men would have walked away by now.

We find ourselves in a precarious poistion due to the finances of the club and you can blame Ron or not. But the person not to blame in my book is Tilson. He has very little to work with and cant seem to recruit anyone but to the current finances.

I dont like the current 4-5-1 but as it worked the first time he used it and as we havent exatly picked up a lot of points on the road using the 4-4-2 we all know and prefer so what he tried it. If he didnt some would moan he never changed his tactics. By all means have an opinion but calling for his head is a very dangerous and in my opinion niave move.

Seeing polls up saying should Tilson walk etc....its ****ing bollocks. I hope and pray some on here dont get what they wish for. and who do you think is going to come to a club that has no money and cant pay its staff on time. Do you think you will get someone with Tillys pedigree or someone that bleeds blue for this club.

From his first game until now Steve Tilson has been a Southend man and I for one thank the lord every day we have him.

Rant over.

Couldn't of put it better myself

x2 promotions
x2 cup final visits
x1 play off final

Rant over.

Spot on mate, agree 100%, we need to band together and stop this negative unhelpful crap as it is spilling onto the pitch and effecting performance.

Saturday afternoon we need to be fully behind want ever side Tilly and Brushy are able to field.

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!

x2 promotions
x2 cup final visits
x1 play off final

Rant over.

I agree .

Back